COMPLETE[SCIENCE]Elements of Mammalogy-Ruschenberger-alg1001

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wwhite

Post by wwhite »

Here is section 13 (Lesson 11, part 1). My first real recording. Time is 22:04. Hope it's adequate. Wanda

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsofmammalogy_13_ruschenberger_128kb.mp3
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you, Wanda. :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

Wanda, Welcome to LV, I think you read very well :D

Section 13 PL Notes

@ 1:53 Omitted the paragraph #4 on pg 118, [except for the last sentence "This animal lives in troops."]
The Mouflon of Sardinia, Ovis Musimon. (Plate 5. jig. 12.) which is found in Europe, Africa, and America, differs from the Jlrgali in never growing to the same size : the female rarely has horns, and when they do exist, they are very small. There are varieties of the Mouflon which are partly or entirely black; and others that are more or less white. This animal lives in troops.

(this may have happened because it appears as if it is one of the unread questions (#4) in some versions of the text, )

@11:19 slight stumble in the phrase
or trampling down the hunters posted in their way.

As the file is less than 30 minutes, only 5 seconds silence are needed at the end (extra may not matter the BC will let us know)

Enjoy yourself here, it is a wonderful group of people.

Max :)
AprilWalters

Post by AprilWalters »

I am always drawn to sections about armadillos, so I can indirectly taunt my brother-in-law. May I have section 10, chapter 8 (Endetata, etc.) ? Thanks!
AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

You certainly can, April.
Thank you,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
FineOrangePekoe

Post by FineOrangePekoe »

Hi Amy,
I am enjoying this book already! May I please read section 11 (Hippos and Horses)?
You can put my name down as FineOrangePekoe.

Thanks!
Lisa
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi Amy, here is finally section 3, clocking in at 14:39:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsmammalogy_03_ruschenberger_128kb.mp3

The classification of "Bimana" is now obsolete, by the way. Now we're primates, together with the great apes...

Random question: Without looking it up, would you know what the occiput is? :wink: Funny word...
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

FineOrangePekoe wrote:Hi Amy,
I am enjoying this book already! May I please read section 11 (Hippos and Horses)?
You can put my name down as FineOrangePekoe.

Thanks!
Lisa

Section 11 is all yours, Lisa.
Thanks!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Availle wrote:Hi Amy, here is finally section 3, clocking in at 14:39:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/elementsmammalogy_03_ruschenberger_128kb.mp3

The classification of "Bimana" is now obsolete, by the way. Now we're primates, together with the great apes...

Random question: Without looking it up, would you know what the occiput is? :wink: Funny word...
If I knew the word, I forgot it. Too much has gone that way. :) It is an interesting one. This text book is very out of date. It is interesting to see what was wrong. Accurate or not, Ruschenberger always presents the information well.
Thanks, Ava!
-Amy :D
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

Lesson 3 Man PL OK Marked so in MW

Max :)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you Max!

In order to add to everybody's education: The occiput is the correct anatomical name for the back of one's head. I had to look it up and I'm glad I did - I would have read it completely wrong otherwise... :oops:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

You are welcome, Ava.
I knew there was an 'occipital bone' but I also had to look it up to find where it is and learn that occiput was the root word. Bless my old Funk and Wagnalls :lol:

Max :D
WolfySnarl

Post by WolfySnarl »

Hi, could I take Section 8? This would be my very first reading! About rodents, heheh.
wwhite

Post by wwhite »

Sorry Max, my notifications weren't working and I just found your notes to correct my recording. I'll get right on it!

Wanda
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

WolfySnarl wrote:Hi, could I take Section 8? This would be my very first reading! About rodents, heheh.

I will put you down for it. I recommend you submit a one minute test in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum to make sure your setup is good before you do the full recording.
Thanks,
Amy