COMPLETE [CHINESE] The True Story of Ah Q by Xun Lu-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

ygvwalgiya wrote:Hi Vivienne,
All the chapters now all have 15 seconds of silence at the end, instead of 5, can you please confirm that this is supposed to be the case?

Thanks,
Jason.
I see. Sorry i'm newbie.....I will update them.

By the way, please quote my message or pm me, so I can be alarted by email right after you wrote me. Thanks!!
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:It's supposed to be 5 seconds for recordings under 30 minutes, 10 seconds for recordings over 30 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact . . . so 4 seconds is probably not worth fixing . . . but 15 seconds should be shortened to the right number.

Thanks.

MaryAnn
Hi Mary,

just a short update....I uploaded Chapter 6. Now 3.Chapters left. Besides, I updated the silence part at end of recording in all 5 Chapters.

Btw, happy new year!! :D :D
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

ygvwalgiya wrote:Section 2 doesn't seem to have silence either
hey,

I updated all recordings. If you have time, you could start with PL.

Thanks!!
HarryInk

Post by HarryInk »

I wanted to post my enthusiasm for Vivienne's project. I hope she can find the time to bring it to a close as I am keen to listen to this modern classic.

Cheers

Harry
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

HarryInk wrote:I wanted to post my enthusiasm for Vivienne's project. I hope she can find the time to bring it to a close as I am keen to listen to this modern classic.

Cheers

Harry
Hi Harry, thanks!
I'm still working on this, pretty slow but.....still working on it :) Now 7 of 9 Chapters are ready.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Vivienne,

- I have removed Jason as DPL (he has not been around since last fall) and advertised for a new DPL.

- You mention in the thread that "Chapters 7 and 9 are now ready". Chapter 7 was uploaded, but Chapter 9 was not. :?:

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Vivienne,

We have started a LibriVox wide clean up effort to get as many projects as possible over the finish line and into our catalog by our 11th Anniversary on August 10th. It would be really cool if this project could be one of them. No pressure of course, just wanted you to be aware. Let me know if I can help in any way. :)

MaryAnn
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Vivienne,

We have started a LibriVox wide clean up effort to get as many projects as possible over the finish line and into our catalog by our 11th Anniversary on August 10th. It would be really cool if this project could be one of them. No pressure of course, just wanted you to be aware. Let me know if I can help in any way. :)

MaryAnn
Hi MaryAnn,

I'm soooo sorry took soooo long to finish this project.....but finally, I get this done today. All chapters are ready for PL.

Please PM me or quote my message for reply, so I can get email alart right after you write me.

Thanks!!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Ah, great Vivienne.

Now, we just need a PLer. I have not seen any other Mandarin speakers on the forums recently. Do you know anyone who can listen for us? Inside or outside of Librivox is ok, just so they are a Mandarin speaker.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Yeah! Welcome to our DPL, Lian!

She'll be able to PL the files over the next few weeks.

MaryAnn
lian2902952

Post by lian2902952 »

Please refer to PL notes. Here are a few tips

1. Disclaimer comes after the title and author. The order should be: Title + author --disclaimer---title

2. Volume should be between 86-92 dB.

3. Please leave a five seconds blank at the end.

4. Please eliminate background noise, typically mouse clicking sound.

Download checker and check your export audio before uploading to avoid unnecessary technical issues .

Thank you Vivien for a great reading!
Lian Pang

All art is quite useless. - Oscar Wilde
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Lian,

Were there PL notes on any sections? Or just general tips? If any section needs corrections, please post the PL notes for each section in the forum so we have a record.

Thanks for helping out on this!

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Since the reader has not responded to the PL comments, I have fixed the volumes and beginning and ending silences. I view the order of the intros as non-critical and catalog this project as is.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete and can be found in our catalog here: https://librivox.org/the-true-story-of-ah-q-by-xun-lu/
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

Great to see this project is finished.....I didn't get any message alart in my email box so I thought everything was ok. But I'm wrong....sorry!!

And again, thx you all for supporting my project! I'll come more to check message, not only wait for message alart in emailbox :)