[COMPLETE][Italiano] Alice nel Paese delle Meraviglie - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

[/quote]

Hi,
here's the recording with corrections (I didn't change "aveva"):
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/alicenelpaesemeraviglie_05_carroll_128kb.mp3

Sorry for the delay, I have no excuses, I just forgot.
[/quote]
Fabiola, it's O.K. The correction are good :D , but it seems to me you recorded again the full section! That was not really necessary. Now I'll have to check again the full section just to be sure you didn't add some new error( I'm sure not, but we have to check).
I hope to do it tomorrow and be able to confirm you everything is allright.
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Kitty wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 10:35 am .has anybody contacted the readers via PM to ask about the fixes ?
Yes. I set the DPL cc, maybe I should have done that with the MC, too? :hmm: :oops:
fabiola wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 10:38 am Sorry for the delay, I have no excuses, I just forgot.
We survived ;) Thank you very much for the corrections. :D
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Iunta4Ios wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 12:13 pm
Hi,
here's the recording with corrections (I didn't change "aveva"):
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/alicenelpaesemeraviglie_05_carroll_128kb.mp3

Sorry for the delay, I have no excuses, I just forgot.

Hi Fabiola,
I listened to the full new record. It is OK , without any error except the following:
You didn’t respect the required rules to keep no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording, and to keep approximately 5 seconds at the end of the recording.
Could you please correct these two small details on your recording and upload it again?
By the way, as I told you before, there is no need to record again completely a section: it is much better to correct a few spots of it on the Audacity file and then make a new mp3 file to upload. It is much quicker, and you do not take the risk of introducing new errors! Please follow this system on next occasions. In case you need some advice how to do it, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Finally: since we are finalizing “ Alice” (and I suppose every reader, who contributed to this project, is anxious to see it officially available on Librivox) we ask you to reload the new file with the correct silence intervals within next weekend, if possible. If this is not possible to you for any reason, please let us know and we will make the required correction, even if we usually rather like, as far as possible, the readers to do it.
Thanks Fabiola,
Pier
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Iunta4Ios wrote: June 24th, 2019, 7:17 am

Hi Fabiola,
I listened to the full new record. It is OK , without any error except the following:
You didn’t respect the required rules to keep no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording, and to keep approximately 5 seconds at the end of the recording.
Could you please correct these two small details on your recording and upload it again?
By the way, as I told you before, there is no need to record again completely a section: it is much better to correct a few spots of it on the Audacity file and then make a new mp3 file to upload. It is much quicker, and you do not take the risk of introducing new errors! Please follow this system on next occasions. In case you need some advice how to do it, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Finally: since we are finalizing “ Alice” (and I suppose every reader, who contributed to this project, is anxious to see it officially available on Librivox) we ask you to reload the new file with the correct silence intervals within next weekend, if possible. If this is not possible to you for any reason, please let us know and we will make the required correction, even if we usually rather like, as far as possible, the readers to do it.
Thanks Fabiola,
Pier
Sonia, Monika, Fabiola,
Since I had no further news from you, Fabiola, I made myself the two small corrections concerning the seconds of silence at the beginning and at the end (You didn’t respect the required rules to keep no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording, and to keep approximately 5 seconds at the end of the recording.)
Pier
here is the corrected file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/alicenelpaesemeraviglie_05_carroll_128kb.mp3 (13:12 s)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 8:43 am here is the corrected file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/alicenelpaesemeraviglie_05_carroll_128kb.mp3 (13:12 s)
thank you, for helping out so we can finalize this project, Pier. This section is Spot PL ok. :thumbs:

Just waiting for Angelica's section and then I can archive. :9:

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Iunta4Ios wrote: April 8th, 2019, 10:23 am
Angelica87 wrote: April 8th, 2019, 8:47 am Ciao ecco il pezzo.... durata 12.32 spero ci sia tutto e che possa andare bene...
Alla fine per fare bene l'ho registrato nuovamente.... :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/alicenelpaesemeraviglie_10_carroll_128kb.mp3
Mi spiace che tu ti sia presa la fatica di registrare di nuovo l'intero pezzo. Iniziativa lodevole la tua come intenzione. Ma di solito vale la pena farlo solo se non sei soddisfatta della prima registrazione (tono di voce etc.) altrimenti è molto più facile e sicuro aggiungere le parti mancanti e/o effettuare correzioni usando Audacity. Se ti fossero utili, chiedimi pure maggiori suggerimenti in merito.
Tra l'altro registrando tutto di nuovo si rischia di correggere gli errori precedenti ma magari aggiungerne di nuovi (costringendo tra l'altro chi verifica a riascoltare l'intera registrazione, anziché solo le parti modificate, cosa che può allungare i tempi diverifica).

E infatti nella nuova registrazione c'è un problema che non c'era nella precedente:
Il volume di registrazione è troppo basso (83,9 dB, al di sotto dello standard accettato da Librivox (86-92 dB).
Nessuna paura :shock: ! Non occorre rifare tutto daccapo! Basta che tu riapra la tua ultima registrazione su Audacity, selezioni l'intero brano e applichi l'effetto "Amplifica" amplificando di 4 o 5 Decibel il tutto, salvando poi il nuovo mp3. Accetta pure "consenti il clipping" della funzione amplifica, se altrimenti non riesci ad effettuare la amplificazione desiderata (lo puoi fare senza problemi perchè non hai, in questo caso, molti picchi di registrazione).

Contattami pure se possono esserti utili maggiori chiarimenti.
Buona fortuna questa volta e considera che è tutta esperienza di tecnica di registrazione utile :thumbs:

Pier Giorgio
Sonia, Monika, Angelica,
Since I had no more news from you, Angelica, I made myself the required corrections, concerning only the dB level of the recording, modifying the level of recording not in the same way in all part of the recording, in order to prevent clipping. Of course I could do it because it was not necessary to make any other modification to Angelica's record.
Here is the corrected file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/alicenelpaesemeraviglie_10_carroll_128kb.mp3 (12:31 m)
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 8:55 am Since I had no more news from you, Angelica, I made myself the required corrections, concerning only the dB level of the recording, modifying the level of recording not in the same way in all part of the recording, in order to prevent clipping. Of course I could do it because it was not necessary to make any other modification to Angelica's record.
Here is the corrected file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/alicenelpaesemeraviglie_10_carroll_128kb.mp3 (12:31 m)
thank you again, Pier. Excellent work and PL ok. :clap:

That means we're ready to archive now. Will proceed immediately and post the link once it's done. 8-)

Thank you all for your contributions, to bring this abandoned solo into our catalogue. And special thanks to Monika who volunteered for the BC job and Pier who did a great job as DPL.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

it went without a glitch :9:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/le-avventure-dalice-nel-paese-delle-meraviglie-by-lewis-carroll/

Moving over to Completed projects now.

Thank you all

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

:clap: :clap: Evviva!
Hooray! for Monika and Sonia!!!
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Wonderful! :clap: :9: :clap: :9:

Thank you all for your help, especially Sonia for being MC and helping out on DPL the last sections and Pier for all the DPL and helping out editing the last sections.

The badge for reading the most sections goes to rclerico :clap:

All other readers have given their share, too, thank you so much. We couldn't have done it without you.