COMPLETE-The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Chapters 1-4 are good to go.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Thanks, Stav. Chapters 11 and 12 are just uploading now.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Chapters 13 and 14 are also ready.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Ditto 15 and 16.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Cori,
the book is lovely, your reading is wonderful, but I have to give up dpling it. I did not manage to catch up with you, and I feel bad about holding you for longer, aspeshaly in light of the future two months in my life outside Librivox which would not let me catch up. I am so sorry. Good luck,
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Thankyou for letting me know, Stav. I know what you mean about trying to catch up when there are just too many things going on in a day. *smiles*
DianaS

Post by DianaS »

Hi Cori, sorry you lost your DPL. I can be your DPL and your book can be finished in January.

DianaS
Cori

Post by Cori »

Welcome to LibriVox and welcome to the project, Diana. That'd be lovely! Please let me know if you have any questions :D
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Diana,

To put you in as the dedicated proof listener for this project, I need to create a record for you in our "reader database". What name would you like to show up as your "catalog name" in the credits for projects that you work on? As an example, here is Cori's reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/92

Some folks use their full name, some use their forum name, some folks use something totally different. It's up to you.

[Oh, and while I am working on this, feel free to listen to the book. You can just post here in the thread after you listen to sections and Cori or I will update the status . . . just until I get you set up with access to the Magic Window so that you can update the statuses on your own.]

MaryAnn
DianaS

Post by DianaS »

Hi MaryAnn,

Set me up as Diana Schmidt in the catalog.
I'll start listening today.

Thank you,
DianaS

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Diana,

I have set you up in the reader database. Here is your reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/9737

As the DPL, you have access to change the information in the MW - so you can update the PL status of the sections. Instructions on how to access the MW are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ/edit?pli=1

Please let me know if you have any questions or any trouble logging into the system.

MaryAnn
Cori

Post by Cori »

Chapters 17 (23m) and 18 (15m) are in the magic window now :)
DianaS

Post by DianaS »

Hi Cori,
I've completed listening to sections 8 through 21. Your cadence is wonderful. I'm enjoying the book while watercoloring. But I do go back and double check the silence times at the beginning and end. :clap:

Starting and ending silences are correct. No other unnecessary silences found.
DianaS

Post by Cori »

Thankyou, Diana! Chapters 19 and 20 are ready when you are. Hope the painting goes well :)
DianaS

Post by DianaS »

Hi Cori,
Chapters 19 & 20 are PL'd. Sound is good! Silence is good :)
DianaS