COMPLETE [PLAY] The Recruiting Officer by Geo Farquhar-ma

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Rapunzelina wrote:One little note for act 2:
At the very end, near 24:18 I think there is a misplaced "I" that should go with the other "I" near 24:10.

Downloading the rest of the Acts now!
Yup, did that wrong.

New file uploaded.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Rapunzelina wrote:Something optional for Act 3, because it may have been your choice as the editor, but I'll mention it in case you meant to add them but missed them, there is an "[Aside." in the text that perhaps should be added at 9:13, before "Come, honest friend, you shall go to my quarters instead of the captain's" and also another "[Aside." in the text that perhaps should be added at 14:14, before "I question it much."
Both of these "aside" deletions were intentional. (You noticed that I did leave a lot of the "asides" in in other places.) Without visual stage action that showed the character maybe looking away from other characters so his words would not be overheard while he spoke at these two spots, it was unclear why he was really making an aside at this point. Having them words heard by the other characters seemed to make good sense for these two spots.
Rapunzelina wrote:And, at around 21:55 there's a "[To Plume." that perhaps should go between Brazen's "Ay" and "my dear!" instead of after it. ?
Otherwise, Act 3 is PL OK! :D
You are quite correct. Fixed and new file uploaded.

Thanks, Todd
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Acts 2 and 3: spot-checked OK :thumbs:

:clap: :clap:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Rapunzelina wrote:Acts 2 and 3: spot-checked OK :thumbs:

:clap: :clap:
Great! I will get this ready for cataloging later tonight!

Thanks, Todd

(Many thank yous to all of you who have read on this! Hope to have more Farquhar in July!)
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Todd,
In the MW, have you listed every reader in the project for each of the acts? Or just those readers who contributed to the act in question?
MaryAnn
You forgot to mention me in Act 5, Todd. :)

Mary Ann, it's my first project and I was wondering: will I be credited with my nickname catharmaiden or my real name Sandra Schmit? Do you know who could change my catalog name on the page below and put in my URL www.sandraschmit.com ?

https://librivox.org/reader/10087?primary_key=10087&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

catharmaiden wrote:
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Todd,
In the MW, have you listed every reader in the project for each of the acts? Or just those readers who contributed to the act in question?
MaryAnn
You forgot to mention me in Act 5, Todd. :)
Hmm. I made an Excel program a while back to automatically generate cast lists, and just modified it this weekend to automatically generate the concatenated string of reader names in each act for the cataloging. Guess I didn't get it quite right yet. I will add you in (fixing my program if I can - but definitely adding you in)!

Thanks, Todd
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

catharmaiden wrote:Mary Ann, it's my first project and I was wondering: will I be credited with my nickname catharmaiden or my real name Sandra Schmit? Do you know who could change my catalog name on the page below and put in my URL http://www.sandraschmit.com ?

https://librivox.org/reader/10087?primary_key=10087&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results
Changes made Sandra. Let me know if you would like any other changes to your catalog page.
MaryAnn
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

Thank you, Mary Ann, it's perfect like this.

No worries, Todd, it's just a small role anyway. :)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

catharmaiden wrote:Thank you, Mary Ann, it's perfect like this.

No worries, Todd, it's just a small role anyway. :)
I added you in. The cast list had you in it already - I don't know why the names in the MW did not....

If I was Phil (you've met him on some other projects - or will, I'm sure) I'd say that there are no small rolls, only big breadsticks (or some other such gumbo humor)....

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-recruiting-officer-by-george-farquhar/

Many thanks to all of you!

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Someone nicely did a book cover - but the author's name is mis-spelt!

EDIT: And now it is mysteriously fixed!

Thanks, Todd