COMPLETE: The Parenticide Club, by Ambrose Bierce

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kayray

Post by kayray »

Good job Peter, and good job Betsie! :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks, all,

I'll definitely be doing more Bierce; he has a very strange sense of humour ... though I think there are some of his stories that will be a little too horrible for me to read.

Peter
Ceolmhor

Post by Ceolmhor »

Peter,

Thanks very much for introducing me to Ambrose Bierce. I would never have picked up one of his books without hearing your reading, but I'm now determined to hear/read more. I thoroughly enjoyed the wry humor, and will definitely listen if you're able to do more. Your voice and reading are particularly well suited to the matter-of-fact way he reports such bizarre things. :twisted:

I look forward to more Ambrose Bierce (even the horrible ones, I would think, though I don't actually know how horrible it gets. :wink: )

Rudy
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

OK; I'll try for an only slightly queasy-making one. Gesine fancied seeing the Devil's Dictionary up for reading; I've downloaded it, but had put it to one side for reading through, to check for complications.

But Bierce short stories ... soon, probably.

Thanks for the compliment; I did enjoy reading them "... Even at that early age I was passionately fond of children ..."