COMPLETE: The Parenticide Club, by Ambrose Bierce

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » December 27th, 2005, 1:12 pm

all audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/the-parenticide-club-by-ambrose-bierce/

Only a very short book; four rather strange short stories. There's quite a lot of Bierce on Gutenberg; if there are many of us who share his rather strange sense of humour, we have a lot of material.

Deadline: any time soon, say tomorrow. But I would like someone to listen through it for any errors or for anything that needs doing before the final release. It's just over 45 mins of listening, with about a 45 Mb download.

Peter

Gesine

Post by Gesine » December 27th, 2005, 1:27 pm

Great, Peter - that was one of my intended projects. Glad you're doing it! And, as you say - enough Bierce to go around... :) Good luck; I look forward to listening!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Gesine

Post by Gesine » December 27th, 2005, 1:28 pm

Oops, didn't read your post well enough - I'd be happy to listen before you finish, if you like! Send them any time.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

thistlechick

Post by thistlechick » December 27th, 2005, 1:45 pm

Peter, your project is now in the To Come section on the Catalog page. I'm happy to "proof listen" to your reading as well. When you have your files ready, you can post them here, or email them to me with yousendit (betsie@betsie.info)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » December 27th, 2005, 2:35 pm

Here you go:

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ICQITBP417773UNBGS5AZYT4A

Comments welcome ... it's easy to re-record small bits. If noise is a problem, we'll just have to pass it to Gesine, and I'll buy a new sound card.

thistlechick

Post by thistlechick » December 27th, 2005, 2:47 pm

Awesome! I'll take a listen to it tonight =)
~ Betsie

Gesine

Post by Gesine » December 27th, 2005, 4:56 pm

Peter - tried to download three times and keeps stalling - last time after 41MB! Grrr.... will keep trying, and post here as soon as I've listened to it.

Gesine

Post by Gesine » December 27th, 2005, 5:15 pm

Peter, got it! Listening to it now, and enjoying it immensely - brilliant reading. More comments tomorrow morning!

thistlechick

Post by thistlechick » December 27th, 2005, 5:23 pm

Peter your recording is great! We enjoyed the text as well as your voice. The only thing I'm wondering about is the length... we might need to break it into "chapters" after each story. I'm going to consult with Kara and see what she thinks. Great job! =)
~ Betsie

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » December 27th, 2005, 7:39 pm

Thanks both of you. I loved the mildly insane humour of the story narrators.

Betsie,

I thought, at 45 minutes for the complete volume, we might be able to get away with it, but it would be easy enough to break into two or more bits. I await the royal command.

Peter

kayray
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kayray » December 27th, 2005, 7:42 pm

45 minutes is fine :)

betsie, I will teach you to upload asap.

good job peter!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » December 27th, 2005, 7:46 pm

Thanks, Kara,

Do I need to do anything more?

Peter

Gesine

Post by Gesine » December 28th, 2005, 1:32 am

Wonderful recording, Peter. Chuckled my way through it - the meteoric sheep had me in helpless giggles. I've read the stories twice before, but your reading certainly added to the enjoyment.

From a technical point-of-view, my only comment is that it seems a bit quieter than other recordings, but I think the cataloguers can fix that at their end if they see fit.

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » December 28th, 2005, 1:51 am

Thanks, Gesine,
I'll amplify a little more in recordings I make from now on.

My favorite is the dog oil ... oh, I do love children!

Peter

thistlechick

Post by thistlechick » December 29th, 2005, 9:26 am

Congratulations Peter!

This short work is now completely cataloged and listed on the Librivox Catalog page. It can be accessed here: http://librivox.org/the-parenticide-club-by-ambrose-bierce/

(and good job Betsie for learning how to do the archive.org upload, etc. *grins*)
~ Betsie