[COMPLETE]The Little White Bird/J. M. Barrie - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

The Little White Bird; or, Adventures In Kensington Gardens, by J. M. Barrie (1860 - 1937).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-little-white-bird-by-j-m-barrie/[
"A children's book, sharp social commentary and sad psychological thriller about a man's search for sence of belonging. All in one amazing and lyrical novel. This is the first novel in which Peter Pan starts to appear. His adventures in Kensington Gardens were first narrateed here. Other than that, this book offers a magical portrait of contemperery London, and a realistic tale of a family to which every one of us could have belonged." ( Stav Nisser.)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1376
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of The Little White Bird. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "The Little White Bird, by J. M. Barrie. [Chapter]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of The Little White Bird, by J. M. Barrie. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      littlewhitebird_##_barrie_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. littlewhitebird_01_barrie_128kb.mp3)
    9. Example ID3 V2 tags
      (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
      Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
      Artist: J. M. Barrie
      Title: ## - [Section title]
      Album: The Little White Bird

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Annise
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by miss stav on September 14th, 2014, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Dear potencial mc,
I still have a problem using the new mw, because I am blind, but I think a solution is in sight now. I do not know how long it will take. But it was important to me to start this project. I can do the rest of my job, though. All wordcountings are ready. This is such a fun book, and I hope we will enjoy working together.
Stav.
On another note: the chapters are short. Between 500 to 3000 words, so this book would be great for new readers. I would also welcome a dpl. I hope the dpl would love this book as much as I do.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
denisedee

Post by denisedee »

Hello

I'd like to DPL if everyone agrees :)

And I'd like to bring to your attention
that there might be a mistake with the posted link to the source text ( It took me to Shelley: An Essay by Francis Thompson)

Thanks
Denise
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

With pleasure! I am sure you will enjoy this book while you dpl it.
I am sorry. I thought that was the number of text on the html. But do not worry, I will fix it at once )before I forget(. Thank you and welcome aboard.
Eddet: the link to the etext is now fixed. It is working for me. Let me know if you have any problems.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll set it up Stav.
It is a nice book . They published a part of it as "Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens", Peter Eastman read that and I PLed it - 5 years ago. And I can still hear his voice reading it :D

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Set up - I'll add the titles when you are ready. Don't apologise - not your fault the new system is not screen reader friendly - it should be. And will be when we can get it done. Exams all over ?

Anne
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you so much, Anne. I am really glad to work with you on another project.
So I checked the window with the new version of the screen reader. I actualy succeeded a fiew things. But we still have to test this.
Exams almost over... But they will be fine.
It is very late here, so I am leaving the rest for tomorrow. Good night,
Stav.
denisedee

Post by denisedee »

Thanks for welcoming me on board! :)

And I totally agree with Anne, no apologies Stav,
just folks enjoying and reading good books around here :thumbs:
Denise
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

May I read the first three sections?

Mike
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Mike, you may take the first three sections. Enjoy and good luck.
Anne, I didn't forget the wordcounts... My computer crashed and all of them might be gone.
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

Section 01 has been uploaded with a time of 13:12.
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/littlewhitebird_01_barrie_128kb.mp3

Mike
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Hi! Long time since I did anything here, but this looks to be a very interesting piece of work. May I please claim sections 4 to 6, with a view to doing further later if you find yourself stuck? I look forward to doing this one...I was unaware of Barrie doing anything in this end of fiction :!:

Thank you :)
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello TribalElder,
welcome back. Sections 4-6 are all yours. You can read as many sections as you like. Enjoy and good luck,
Stav.
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

I meant to tell you about this wonderful little website which I found, it is helping me to read the story - you copy/paste the text into this website, and it acts like a teleprompter, so you can read normally without having to scroll down your page and getting lost! If you want to try it out, it's at cueprompter.com - it's pretty self explanatory, but if you need help there are instructions on the site :)
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

Section 02 has now been uploaded with a length of 16:13.
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/littlewhitebird_02_barrie_128kb.mp3

Mike