[COMPLETE] Messages and Papers of the Presidents: Grant - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Sorry my mistake, scrolling through I see Denise is your DPL.

Sorry Denise :oops:

Sandra
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Alondra wrote:H:

I am not sure if you have a DPL for this, if not I would love to volunteer my services, if you need me. I saw you needed one in listeners wanted so thought I would ask.

Sandra
Hi Alondra,

I'd love to have you on this project, Denise has been busy and I want to get this project back on track! I'll sign you up.
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

HI:

Ok that is great but don't want to step on anyone's toes. :? I shall get on it.

Sandra
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Thank you! :)
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi:

I have not DPL'd before, so do I just do a message like this that a section is PL OK! does someone else put it in the MW?

If that is the case Section 24 is PL OK!

Sandra
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi:

Section 26 at 6:46 there is a heading to the proclamation of May 9, 1873 that says [From the New-York Daily Tribune, May 10, 1873.] Not sure if this should have been included or not. If not Section 26 PL OK!

Sandra
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi:

As this is such a big project and has not had a DPL in a while, thanks to some advice I received, I will DPL this as follows:

1. I will go through the sections and PL whatever comes up first, such as 24, 25 and 26, then move on from there.
2. I shall add the name of the person who read the section, in order to make it easier for people to remember what they read.

I cannot access the MW do I need a special password or do I use my own, that I use for my own solo projects? Any other suggestions that would be helpful, gratefully accepted.

Thanks and I think this is going to take some time to bring up to date, so bear with me please.

Thanks everyone

Sandra
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Sections 24 and 26 are PL OK! I know I already OK'd these sections but wanted to add the readers name.

Read by DJRickyV.

Sandra
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Section 25 PL OK!

Read by DJRickyV

Sandra
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi:

I have a question, if there are quotes within a section such at the one below, should the quotes be read as such or ignored.

and shall be designated as quote The Civil Service Commission quote and the use of the designation quote Advisory Board quote etc.....

shall hereafter be regarded as composing and shall be designated as "The Civil Service Commission;" and the use of the designation "Advisory Board," as referring to such persons, will be hereafter discontinued.

Thanks
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Alondra wrote:Hi:

As this is such a big project and has not had a DPL in a while, thanks to some advice I received, I will DPL this as follows:

1. I will go through the sections and PL whatever comes up first, such as 24, 25 and 26, then move on from there.
2. I shall add the name of the person who read the section, in order to make it easier for people to remember what they read.

I cannot access the MW do I need a special password or do I use my own, that I use for my own solo projects? Any other suggestions that would be helpful, gratefully accepted.

Thanks and I think this is going to take some time to bring up to date, so bear with me please.

Thanks everyone

Sandra
Hi Sandra - just as long as the projects are as is, I don't think there's any reason to specify quotes. And yes, we will figure out the access to the MW - you should be able to go ahead and access it. I'll updated as I can for now. It is okay if a heading is not included, I think!
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi:

Still can't access the magic window!

Section 27 is PL OK!

read by DJRickyV

Sandra
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi:

Section 32

3:29.5 - 3:32 reads I have hereto under set my hand it should read: I have hereunto set my hand

4:43 provisions of articles XVIII and XXV------ it should read articles XVIII to XXV

18:01 to 18:03 the sultan king, the word king is not in the text.

22:44 to 22:46 it is read as Foreigners shall be tried with the assistance -----it should be read as---- foreigners shall be tried without the assistance

Read by Lynett

If these corrections are too picky, please let me know. I thought these interfered with the true meaning of the reading.

Sandra
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Alondra wrote:Hi:

Section 32

3:29.5 - 3:32 reads I have hereto under set my hand it should read: I have hereunto set my hand

4:43 provisions of articles XVIII and XXV------ it should read articles XVIII to XXV

18:01 to 18:03 the sultan king, the word king is not in the text.

22:44 to 22:46 it is read as Foreigners shall be tried with the assistance -----it should be read as---- foreigners shall be tried without the assistance

Read by Lynett

If these corrections are too picky, please let me know. I thought these interfered with the true meaning of the reading.

Sandra
I'll mark your PL-notes. :)
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

I have added Alondra in as the DPL and she should now have access to the MW. :D
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe