[COMPLET] A Little Cook Book for a Little Girl by Benton -lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
BookAngel7
Posts: 1017
Joined: August 30th, 2009, 4:26 pm

Post by BookAngel7 » October 20th, 2014, 11:31 am

SweetPea wrote:Aaah, I can't believe I did such a thing! :oops:
Anyhow, edited and re-uploaded with a new time of 09:21 :smile:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/littlecookbook_11_benton_128kb.mp3
That's okay--I turned in a section the other day with my re-records still tacked on the end. :oops:

Section 11 sounds great--the only note is one repeat at 3:58-4:02, "one drop at a time..."

Thanks, SweetPea!

bookAngel7

SweetPea
Posts: 6392
Joined: April 22nd, 2012, 1:56 pm

Post by SweetPea » October 20th, 2014, 11:42 am

Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire

BookAngel7
Posts: 1017
Joined: August 30th, 2009, 4:26 pm

Post by BookAngel7 » October 20th, 2014, 12:21 pm

That was quick! :D

Section 11 spot-checked and PL OK!

bookAngel7

SweetPea
Posts: 6392
Joined: April 22nd, 2012, 1:56 pm

Post by SweetPea » October 29th, 2014, 12:19 pm

Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire

Tortilla
Posts: 2015
Joined: February 3rd, 2014, 2:29 pm

Post by Tortilla » October 29th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Thank you! :) MW updated.
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.

BookAngel7
Posts: 1017
Joined: August 30th, 2009, 4:26 pm

Post by BookAngel7 » October 31st, 2014, 2:03 pm

Thanks, SweetPea!

At 6:44, there is a loud noise in the background that is pretty distracting; otherwise it sounds good. :)

bookAngel7

2xRon
Posts: 5
Joined: November 2nd, 2014, 8:05 pm

Post by 2xRon » November 2nd, 2014, 9:20 pm

Can I claim?

Section 8: "Part II: Recipes with White Sauce"

Tortilla
Posts: 2015
Joined: February 3rd, 2014, 2:29 pm

Post by Tortilla » November 3rd, 2014, 9:15 am

2xRon wrote:Can I claim?

Section 8: "Part II: Recipes with White Sauce"
Hello, and welcome to Librivox! I have noticed you haven't recorded your one minute test. Please note that one must have a one minute recording established before you can apply to projects. :)

Look into it here! http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

I'll be happy to reserve them for you once you have your test under your belt!
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.

2xRon
Posts: 5
Joined: November 2nd, 2014, 8:05 pm

Post by 2xRon » November 3rd, 2014, 5:06 pm

Tortilla wrote:
2xRon wrote:Can I claim?

Section 8: "Part II: Recipes with White Sauce"
Hello, and welcome to Librivox! I have noticed you haven't recorded your one minute test. Please note that one must have a one minute recording established before you can apply to projects. :)

Look into it here! http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

I'll be happy to reserve them for you once you have your test under your belt!

Thanks for the help! I posted a 1 minute test in the forum.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54170

2xRon
Posts: 5
Joined: November 2nd, 2014, 8:05 pm

Post by 2xRon » November 4th, 2014, 8:57 pm

I'm sorry if it's impolitic to upload something before you are really selected to read that section, but I got excited and went through the section I wanted to record.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/littlecookbook_08_benton.mp3

This is my first after the 1-minute test; so I hope you all will like it.

Tortilla
Posts: 2015
Joined: February 3rd, 2014, 2:29 pm

Post by Tortilla » November 4th, 2014, 9:41 pm

2xRon wrote:I'm sorry if it's impolitic to upload something before you are really selected to read that section, but I got excited and went through the section I wanted to record.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/littlecookbook_08_benton.mp3

This is my first after the 1-minute test; so I hope you all will like it.
It's okay. :) What would you like your display name to be?
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.

2xRon
Posts: 5
Joined: November 2nd, 2014, 8:05 pm

Post by 2xRon » November 5th, 2014, 1:34 pm

Tortilla wrote:
2xRon wrote:I'm sorry if it's impolitic to upload something before you are really selected to read that section, but I got excited and went through the section I wanted to record.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/littlecookbook_08_benton.mp3

This is my first after the 1-minute test; so I hope you all will like it.
It's okay. :) What would you like your display name to be?

My handle, 2xRon, pronounced "two-X-ron"

BookAngel7
Posts: 1017
Joined: August 30th, 2009, 4:26 pm

Post by BookAngel7 » November 5th, 2014, 2:02 pm

Welcome, 2xRon! :D

Your recording sounds great! The only thing it's missing is a little bit of text in the intro (missing text in bold)--"For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. A Little Cook Book for a Little Girl, by Caroline French Benton. Part II, Recipes with white sauce."

Also, when you upload the corrected file, could you change the filename to littlecookbook_08_benton_128kb.mp3? This is a new requirement for our files on archive.org that didn't make it into the project instructions. :wink:

Look forward to seeing (or hearing?) you around!

bookAngel7

2xRon
Posts: 5
Joined: November 2nd, 2014, 8:05 pm

Post by 2xRon » November 5th, 2014, 2:23 pm

ok! Made the changes for the new file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/littlecookbook_08_benton_128kb.mp3 (7:15)

BookAngel7
Posts: 1017
Joined: August 30th, 2009, 4:26 pm

Post by BookAngel7 » November 5th, 2014, 2:52 pm

Perfect, thanks! Section 8 is PL OK! :thumbs:

bookAngel7

Post Reply