[COMPLETE] Wilderness Ways by Wm. J. Long - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mickolayvs

Post by mickolayvs »

jillebean wrote:
mickolayvs wrote:hi, I'd like to read sections 6 and 7
Hello! Welcome to LibriVox!

Certainly you may record sections 6 and 7! We're glad to have you as part of the project.

I have added you to the LibriVox catalog, you can see your catalog page at: https://librivox.org/reader/9505. You can also get to this by clicking on your name in the Magic Window (MW). This is a good place to look to keep track of recordings you've signed up for, to see section details click on the link to "Reader Section Details" which appears just a few lines down from your name. This page includes your forum name "mickolayvs" and can also contain your real name or a pseudonym, plus a web site/blog if you have one you would like to link to. Let me know if you would like to add a name and/or a web site.

Again, welcome to LibriVox and enjoy!

Jill
Hi Jill, thank you! Sorry I've been absent for so long… I thought I would be done recording by now but I'm just having trouble finding the private time/space. Just wanted to let you know I'm still thinking about this and will try to get the recording done as soon as I can.
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

mickolayvs wrote:
jillebean wrote:
mickolayvs wrote:hi, I'd like to read sections 6 and 7
Hello! Welcome to LibriVox!

Certainly you may record sections 6 and 7! We're glad to have you as part of the project.

I have added you to the LibriVox catalog, you can see your catalog page at: https://librivox.org/reader/9505. You can also get to this by clicking on your name in the Magic Window (MW). This is a good place to look to keep track of recordings you've signed up for, to see section details click on the link to "Reader Section Details" which appears just a few lines down from your name. This page includes your forum name "mickolayvs" and can also contain your real name or a pseudonym, plus a web site/blog if you have one you would like to link to. Let me know if you would like to add a name and/or a web site.

Again, welcome to LibriVox and enjoy!

Jill
Hi Jill, thank you! Sorry I've been absent for so long… I thought I would be done recording by now but I'm just having trouble finding the private time/space. Just wanted to let you know I'm still thinking about this and will try to get the recording done as soon as I can.
Thanks for letting me know! I have definitely signed up for projects myself and then my real life got busy and made it hard to find the right time for recording. It happens to most of us, I think. No worries, though, you have two months from the day you claim to finish the recordings so according to my calculations, you still have until early November to finish. Lots of time. :)

Jill
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Thanks Kangaroo! I will note this submission in the MW for Phil.

Jill
mickolayvs

Post by mickolayvs »

jillebean wrote:
Thanks for letting me know! I have definitely signed up for projects myself and then my real life got busy and made it hard to find the right time for recording. It happens to most of us, I think. No worries, though, you have two months from the day you claim to finish the recordings so according to my calculations, you still have until early November to finish. Lots of time. :)

Jill

Hi Jill. Once again, I'm sorry. I absolutely hate to do this, but I want to resign from the readings I chose to do. My hold is almost up anyway, but I just wanted to wish you luck with the rest of the project. Even though I couldn't contribute this time, I'm a big fan of LibriVox. Good luck! :)
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

mickolayvs wrote:
jillebean wrote:

Jill

Hi Jill. Once again, I'm sorry. I absolutely hate to do this, but I want to resign from the readings I chose to do. My hold is almost up anyway, but I just wanted to wish you luck with the rest of the project. Even though I couldn't contribute this time, I'm a big fan of LibriVox. Good luck! :)
Not a problem at all. Thanks for letting me know! :)

Jill
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Thanks!

Jill :)
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

For the ID3 tags on Section 1, for Track Title I put (without the quotes) "01 - Megaleep the Wanderer".
I should have put the ID3 tags as "01 - Megaleep the Wanderer, Part 1" so I need to fix that.

I'll fix it soon!

:D
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

UPDATED Section 01 (17:56):

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/wildernessways_01_long_128kb.mp3
One thing is quite sure, before you begin your study: he is never where his tracks are, nor anywhere[2] near it. And if after a season's watching and following you catch one good glimpse of him, that is a good beginning. -William J. Long
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Kangaroo692 wrote:UPDATED Section 01 (17:56):

One thing is quite sure, before you begin your study: he is never where his tracks are, nor anywhere[2] near it. And if after a season's watching and following you catch one good glimpse of him, that is a good beginning. -William J. Long
Thanks for your attention to detail! ID3 tags don't have to be perfect anymore so in the future don't worry about fixing them. They can be fixed during cataloging. Thanks, again, though.

Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

jillebean wrote:
Kangaroo692 wrote:UPDATED Section 01 (17:56):

Thanks for your attention to detail! ID3 tags don't have to be perfect anymore so in the future don't worry about fixing them. They can be fixed during cataloging. Thanks, again, though.

That's what I thought, but I wanted to be on the safe side. :D

I think I'm going to try my hand at a solo next, do you have any suggestions :?:
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Kangaroo692 wrote:
I think I'm going to try my hand at a solo next, do you have any suggestions :?:
No specific suggestions other than to pick something that interests you to read because it helps keep you motivated. :) Have fun.

Jill
Pazappy

Post by Pazappy »

I'll do the Frog and Eagle sections. Here's my 1 minute test:

http://uploads.librivox.org/tests/test_pazappy.mp3

- John
Pazappy

Post by Pazappy »

I recorded Section 6, but I just saw somebody else already claimed it! Oh well haha :oops:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/wildernessways_6_long_128kb.mp3

It's my first, so criticism is definitely welcomed!

I also request section 8, both parts, since I just saw 6 & 7 have been claimed...