COMPLETE: Letters of Pliny by Pliny the Younger-choc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic » October 27th, 2015, 2:30 pm

Great! Andrew, do I understand correctly that you don't need sections 23-39 in the MW?

Most CD cover makers don't look at the book threads before they make the covers. If you'd like a particular type of image, the safest bet is to make the cover yourself. Would you like to try it out? Information is in the CD cover thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785

If you'd like to try making a CD cover, just let me know and I'll enter a pre-claim for you. That will give you plenty time to work on it without someone else getting in ahead of you. After the book is cataloged, it'll be available for anyone to make a cover; they usually get claimed very quickly at that point.

If you don't want to make a cover yourself, I might be able to do it, in which case I would certainly use the painting you suggested.
Laurie Anne

MARTIN GEESON

Post by MARTIN GEESON » October 28th, 2015, 4:07 am

Final section (22) confirmed as PL OK throughout. Excellent job and a fine addition to the LV catalogue.

Very best wishes
Martin

English Andrew

Post by English Andrew » October 28th, 2015, 7:23 am

chocoholic wrote:Great! Andrew, do I understand correctly that you don't need sections 23-39 in the MW?.
That's right. I'm afraid I over-estimated how many sections I would need. I assumed the letters would be all of roughly the same length but the correspondence with Trajan was much shorter.
chocoholic wrote:If you'd like a particular type of image, the safest bet is to make the cover yourself. Would you like to try it out? Information is in the CD cover thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785

If you'd like to try making a CD cover, just let me know and I'll enter a pre-claim for you.
Yes, please. I would like to try creating one. I don't promise I will succeed but I would like to try. What meta-coordinator credit should I put?

Thank you Martin, chocoholic and Leni for all your hard work.
Live in a Life + 70 or Life + 50 country? Record with us on legamus.eu too. It's like LibriVox but for those who obey different ridiculous rules on what's public domain.

chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic » October 28th, 2015, 8:09 am

Great! I've removed the extra sections and started the cataloging process. I have also pre-claimed the cover for you. When you've uploaded the cover zip file, you can post the link either here or in the covers thread to have it added. (For future projects, it's best to post both your claim and cover link in the CD covers thread. Not all MC's work with covers, so that way they won't get missed. But I do work with them, so I am happy to add it if you post the link here.)

According to the cataloging software, the total runtime is 10:36:57. Please credit Leni as MC.

Back later when cataloging is complete.
Laurie Anne

chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic » October 28th, 2015, 11:08 am

Laurie Anne

carteki

Post by carteki » October 31st, 2015, 2:40 am

Congratulations. Please let me know if you want me to make the mb4 file for this project.