[COMPLETE] Poetry of St John of the Cross-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Thanks, it was the phrasing aspect that had me in a quandary. With your Latin signatures, you might enjoy this: every single Latin pronouncer I tried could not find "Babylonis" and all asked me if I meant Babylon. However, if you search "Super Fluminous Babylonis" you get dozens of youtube videos of choral groups. I did listen to a couple to check my intuition on that. However, I decided not to sing the title of the poem. :)

I've uploaded sections 9-16, which fills the window. This evening I'm going to work on the cover. I'm handy in photoshop, so I'm comfortable with the wiki instructions.

This has been very rewarding. I'm going to move right on to Volume 1 of the complete works, same translator. Although when I was starting the poetry, I was looking at a set of 4 volumes published around 1910, I've decided to go straight back to the translators original edition, in 2 volumes from 1864. Among other things, I like the introductory material. Although I thought I might not record, or might not record until later, the works that have audio versions elsewhere (Ascent of Mt Carmel and Dark Night of the Soul) I'm over that and the two works together comprise Vol 1.

Looking forward to your PL notes, and thank you so much for everything.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I'm glad that you said something about making your own cover. I have pre-claimed the cover for you, so no one will claim it. I was surprised that m8b1 (Maria) had not claimed it. She makes wonderful covers for the Catholic works here.

If you would like, I can also MC and DPL your next St John of the Cross project. No pressure, if you would like someone else to do it, I am fine with that. Let me know either way!

I will get your sections listened to as soon as I can, then we will be headed for the catalog! :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

I'd love to work with you again. F'real, the post was a bit of a nudge to see if you'd act interested. :lol:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Well, I have to act quickly because there is another person I would be competing with to get that project! I am definitely interested. When you are ready, make sure to put -icequeen in the subject line, then everyone will know that it is mine. Mine, mine, all mine! I am so greedy! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sections 9-13 are PL OK! I will get the rest after dinner, I must feed the ravenous teenager before he dies of starvation! BTW, great job on Babylonis!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

And sections 14, 15 and 16 are all PL OK! Catalog time!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/poetry-of-st-john-of-the-cross-by-saint-john-of-the-cross/

Congratulations on your first solo, Ed! Great job! :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!