[COMPLETE] Fabeloj de Andersen (Esperanto) - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RosslynCarlyle

Post by RosslynCarlyle » July 17th, 2014, 8:21 pm

Fabeloj de Andersen by Hans Christian Andersen (1805 - 1875). Translated by F. Skeel-Giörling ( - 0)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/fabeloj-by-hans-christian-andersen/

This is a book which includes five short classic stories by Hans Christian Andersen. These have been translated into Esperanto, with effort made to keep the translation true to the original text. The five stories contained in this book are : La brava stansoldato (The brave tin soldier) ; Rakonto pri patrino (The story of a mother) ; La fajroŝtalo (The tinderbox) ; La princino sur pizo (The princess and the pea) ; La knabineto kun la alumetoj (The little match-seller). The book also includes an introduction, written by the translator, on the subject of Hans Christian Andersen himself. ( Rosslyn Carlyle)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/files/27915/27915-h/27915-h.htm
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): translatedtext

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Fabeloj de Andersen. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Fabeloj de Andersen, by Hans Christian Andersen. Translated by F. Skeel-Giörling ( - 0) [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Fabeloj de Andersen by Hans Christian Andersen. Translated by F. Skeel-Giörling ( - 0) This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Fabeloj de Andersen, by Hans Christian Andersen. Translated by F. Skeel-Giörling ( - 0)"

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename fabeloj_#_andersen_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. fabeloj_1_andersen_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader

(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: availle - Availle
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below
Last edited by RosslynCarlyle on July 20th, 2014, 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro » July 18th, 2014, 5:13 am

Saluton Rosslyn san,

I'd like to be a DPL of this project. I'm an Esperanto speaker.
Can you add Esperanto to the title? Another esperantisto might notice this project.

Cheers,
Masa

RosslynCarlyle

Post by RosslynCarlyle » July 18th, 2014, 8:07 am

:-) Bonega !
Dankon al vi.

Mi ne uzas la esperantan dum iom da tempo, tamen mi klopodos por rekordi c^i tiun libron bone.

C^u mia legado estas strang^a, mi pardonpetas pri.

Brilliant !
:-) Thankyou.

I haven't used any Esperanto for a while, however I will try to record this book well.

If my reading is strange, then sorry about that.

Can you add Esperanto to the title? Another esperantisto might notice this project.
:-) Certe. Estas farite.

ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro » July 19th, 2014, 4:30 am

Saluton Rosslyn san,
RosslynCarlyle wrote:Dankon al vi.
Ne dankinde. Mi ĝojas, ke vi povas uzi Esperanton ĉi tie.
Mi longe atendas, ke iu komencas legi libron en Esperanto.

Ĝis la.
-----------------------------------
Hello Rosslyn san,
RosslynCarlyle wrote:Thankyou.
You are welcome. I'm happy that I can use Esperanto here.
I've been waiting that someone reads a book in Eperanto.

Cheers,
Masa

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » July 19th, 2014, 3:51 pm

Okay, I'll MC this. Back in a minute or two...

Here we are, everything is set.... A few things for you, Rosslyn:

- I have seen that there is an introduction and 5 stories, but you had only 5 sections? It depends what you are planning to do:
If you read the introduction into its own file, it will be section 0; if you include the introduction into the first fable, this will be section 1.
I don't mind either way, I gave you one more section for now, just let me know so I can delete the correct section :wink:

- It would be nice if you could translate the disclaimer into Esperanto too and read it as such - after all the whole book is Esperanto, so it would be odd to have the disclaimer in English.

- Equally nice would be a summary in Esperanto :wink: It's not urgent, but if you want one, we would need it before cataloging.

- For this type of project we don't need any ID3 tags anymore; I have also adapted the filename a little bit.

- I'm not sure if this is your first solo/BC project. If it is, I'll send you instructions on how to deal with the MW....

That's it from me, have fun you two!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

RosslynCarlyle

Post by RosslynCarlyle » July 19th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Dankegon al vi ambaŭ!
:-D

Mi klopodos tiom bone kiel mi povas fari bonajn tradukaĵojn kaj legi la libron bone ankaŭ.

Havi 6 libreroj estas bone, dankon.

Mi nuntempe finas trakukado el la Librivox diraĵo.
Estas bone ?
:hmm:

A warm thankyou to you both!
:-D

I will try my best to do good translations, and to read the book well also.

having 6 sections is good, thankyou.

I have just finished translation of the Librivox disclaimer.
Is this good ?
:hmm:

Ĉapitro nulo de “Fabeloj de Andersen”. Ĉi tiu estas rikordaĵo pro Librivox. Ĉiuj rikordaĵoj pro Librovox estas pro libera publica uzado. Se vi volas havi plian informaĵon, aŭ pro Librivox rikordemas, bonvole vizitu Librivox.org.

[rakonto]

Fino de ĉapitro nulo.

“Chapter zero of Andersen’s Fables. This has been recorded for Librivox. All Librivox recordings are for free public use. If you want to have more information, or would like to record [something] for Librivox, please visit Librivox.org.

[story]

End of Chapter zero.

RosslynCarlyle

Post by RosslynCarlyle » July 19th, 2014, 8:10 pm

Oh, also..
- I'm not sure if this is your first solo/BC project. If it is, I'll send you instructions on how to deal with the MW....
:-) Thankyou for offering, and for being MC.
I recently finished reading all of a book of 384 Aesop's fables for Librivox, so I'm up to speed and good to go with the MW.

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » July 19th, 2014, 9:57 pm

I have no idea about Esperanto, so I can't really help with the disclaimer. However, it is important to use "public domain", as "free for public use" is not the same, legally...

I have checked the few other Esperanto projects we have in the catalog, Nicholas has a translated disclaimer here:
https://librivox.org/la-aventuroj-de-alicio-en-mirlando-by-lewis-carroll/
Once again, no idea if this is any better, could you have a quick listen please?

Other than that I think we're fine - although you may not want to call it Chapter 0, but rather Introduction/Preface, whatever it is called :wink: and start with Chapter x only from the first chapter/second file.

Let me know if you have other questions please.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

RosslynCarlyle

Post by RosslynCarlyle » July 19th, 2014, 10:18 pm

I don't think "Public Domain" is a concept in Esperanto.
Or more accurately, i don't know how better to describe the concept.

Regarding the Public Domain, in the audio clips which you referenced the speaker just says that "All Librivox sound-records are public havings (ie, definite/'concrete' things which the public has)"

IMHO saying that the recordings are free (in the sense of liberty) for public use, ie the public can use them freely, is probably about as accurate and descriptive?

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » July 19th, 2014, 10:35 pm

Tricky... Legally it is not the same... :hmm:

What about leaving "public domain" untranslated? We use it in the German shortened disclaimer also, so I think it's okay.

Something like (and I still have no idea about Esperanto :wink:) :
Ĉiuj rikordaĵoj pro Librovox estas Public Domain.

Now that I look at this - somehow I thought Esperanto was based on, well Spanish (hence the name), but "rikordaĵoj" looks completely unpronouncable to me... :lol: (and I know a bit of Spanish)
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro » July 20th, 2014, 4:38 am

Saluton Rosslyn san,
RosslynCarlyle wrote:Ĉi tiu estas rikordaĵo pro Librivox. Ĉiuj rikordaĵoj pro Librovox estas pro libera publica uzado.
Se mi tradukas la frazon, mi uzas 'por' anstataŭ 'pro'. Sed vi ne bezonas ŝanĝi ĝin.
Temas pri 'Public Domain', google.org tradukas ĝin kiel 'publika havaĵo'.

Ĝis la.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello Rosslyn san,

If I translate the frase, I use 'por' instead of 'pro'. But you don't need to change it.
Talking about 'Public Domain', google.org translates it as 'publika havaĵo'.

Cheers,
Masa

RosslynCarlyle

Post by RosslynCarlyle » July 20th, 2014, 5:58 pm

:-) Ho, yes.
Kaj "pro" kaj "por" oni tradukis anglen kiel "for" ... konfuzas min !
Tamen vi certe estas korekta. Je mia antaŭa frazo oni plej bone uzas "por" kaj ne "pro".
Dankon por eksplikii.

Mi pensas ke "publikaj havaĵoj" estas bone kiel tradukado por "things in the Public Domain".

:-) Ah, I see.
https://adventuresinesperanto.wordpress.com/tag/por/
Both "pro" and "por" are translated as "for" in english... confusing !
But you are quite right, it should be "por" rather than "pro".
Thankyou for explaining this.

I think surely "publikaj havaĵoj" would be descriptive enough as a translation for "things in the Public Domain".

"Librivox recordings are public possessions" ... that's accurate enough I think ?

Now that I look at this - somehow I thought Esperanto was based on, well Spanish (hence the name), but "rikordaĵoj" looks completely unpronouncable to me... :lol: (and I know a bit of Spanish)
:-) Esperanto is based on assorted different European languages.
So, some of the words will have their roots in Spanish words while others will be based on languages such as English, Italian, Polish, French, etc.

RosslynCarlyle

Post by RosslynCarlyle » July 20th, 2014, 9:13 pm

Ĉapitron 4an bonvole PL.
:thumbs:

URL - https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/fabeloj_4_andersen_128kb.mp3
Length - 4m 41s

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » July 21st, 2014, 12:46 am

Well, you seem ready to go - off to our Soloist corner then!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro » July 21st, 2014, 4:50 am

Saluton Rosslyn san,
RosslynCarlyle wrote:Ĉapitron 4an bonvole PL.
Tio estas PL OK.
Mi ĝuis vian rekordaĵon.

Ĝis la.

----------------------------------------------
PL OK.
I enjoyed your recording.

Cheers,
Masa