Hi just one edit please

At the end it should say 'End of Chapter 30'

You say 'End of Chapter 33'

If you could edit and reupload that would be great thanks
Corrected file uploaded.
MaryAnn
That is now PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
anjanas

Post by anjanas »

wib66 wrote:PL Notes for section 22

The reading is great just one edit needed please

The volume is a little low at 84db and we aim for around 89dB. If you could amplify the file and reupload using the same file name that would be great.

There's a small program the spouse of a LibriVoxer developed to check the tech settings. You can download it and use it to check the volume and other settings. It's here: http://cgjennings.ca/checker/

Use the latest version, which I believe is 0.96. The volume information is in the Information tab. We aim for 89 dB, but anything between about 87 and 91 is good.
I hope this one is better volume wise. It's hard because I'm so quiet irl! The volume had to clip a little, but it isn't noticeable, I don't think.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

anjanas wrote:
wib66 wrote:PL Notes for section 22

The reading is great just one edit needed please

The volume is a little low at 84db and we aim for around 89dB. If you could amplify the file and reupload using the same file name that would be great.

There's a small program the spouse of a LibriVoxer developed to check the tech settings. You can download it and use it to check the volume and other settings. It's here: http://cgjennings.ca/checker/

Use the latest version, which I believe is 0.96. The volume information is in the Information tab. We aim for 89 dB, but anything between about 87 and 91 is good.
I hope this one is better volume wise. It's hard because I'm so quiet irl! The volume had to clip a little, but it isn't noticeable, I don't think.
Hi unfortunately it appears you have uploaded the original version again as they are identical. If you could paste the link to it in the thread so that I can check it against the previous versions that would help. Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
anjanas

Post by anjanas »

Here is chapter 22, 14:06. Possibly actually a little louder this time!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/intheschoolroom_22_hart_v2.mp3
wib66

Post by wib66 »

anjanas wrote:Here is chapter 22, 14:06. Possibly actually a little louder this time!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/intheschoolroom_22_hart_v2.mp3

Hi that is now PL OK however for future reference. When carrying out edits always use the same file name as the original. When you upload the new file it replaces the old one which then gets renamed so it doesn't get overwritten. Please do not change this now as I will ask the MC to correct the filename but it should be

intheschoolroom_22_hart_128kb.mp3

Thanks
Michele
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Starting the cataloging process...
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/in-the-school-room-by-john-s-hart/
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
wib66

Post by wib66 »

thank you to every one who worked on this project much appreciated :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Michele