COMPLETE[solo]Journal of a Disappointed Man -WNP Barbellion-a

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Section 2 and 3 done. There are some set-backs and perhaps even some histrionics... but Barbellion mostly manages to hold his head high and there is even some romance! :D

As ever, Amy, you might want to check my Latin! XD

Thanks a bundle and hope you enjoy!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Adam,
I proof listened the files. They could do with a bit of noise cleaning and recordings longer than 30 minutes should have 10 seconds of silence at the end. Please update them when you have a chance and reupload.
I can see why he is becoming disappointed.
Thanks!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Hi Amy,

Thanks - I've done the noise correction and am adding an extra 5 seconds of silence at the end. Please silence to see if I've removed enough noise... I sometimes find it a tricky balance between removing hiss and not distorting the voice!

Many thanks,
Adam :)

P.S. He does have a lot to be disappointed about, but he still takes keen pleasure in his naturalism, mostly!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

He certainly does. Thank you, Adam! PL OK :thumbs:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

I've unloaded part 4, 1912 - I hope it pleases!

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/disappointedman_04_barbellion_128kb.mp3

It's just over 30 mbs and just over 30 minutes long!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I just thinking about the disappointed man yesterday. I am interested to hear what happens next. I will listen to it tomorrow if things go my way.
Thanks!
Amy
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Tremendous! :9:

Apologies for the gap between updates - I got caught up with finishing off my thesis! :)

Thank you as ever.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

That's good to hear. It must have been a lot of work.

This one was entertaining as usual. It is PL OK. :thumbs:
Have a good night!
Amy :D
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Life update: Passed my PhD VIVA so only have minor corrections to make! Phew!

Section 5 - 1913, part 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/disappointedman_05_barbellion_128kb.mp3

Size: 27.3 mb
Time: 29:54

Young Barbellion spent most of this year pining after ladies and agonising over the prospect of death, like a true romantic poet. Poor silly soul.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Congratulations on your PHD progress.
It sounds good. I will proof listen Monday.
Have a good Sunday!
Amy
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Thanks Amy! And I hope you enjoy it :9:
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

What a beautiful reading, Adam! PL OK. :thumbs:
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Apologies this took so long. My mental health hasn't been all that recently and the thesis corrections were rather harder to wrangle with than I expected. Back in the saddle now so expect more updates in the near future!

Section 06 - 1913, part 2 (in which Barbellion rather hilariously observes some "working men")
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/disappointedman_06_barbellion_128kb.mp3

Time = 44.30
Size = 40.7 mb

I very much hope you enjoy it, Amy! :)
I hope you're well and have been reading interesting things.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Adam, I hope you are feeling better. I will listen today. I look forward to it! June has been so cold and dreary here that it has been renamed Junuary. Listening will be a bright spot.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Adam,
I enjoyed listening. I find the thoughts he has about women unexpected, too. It is PL OK. :thumbs:
Thanks!
Amy