[COMPLETE]Children's Short Works Collection Vol. 021 -aravis

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
PapaDoug

Post by PapaDoug »

Well, I might've got there first if not for technical snafu. I'm doing mine anyway. I understand multiple readings are ok, mine can go in a later collection, if I get the pic? I'll come up with another selection for this set, and record before I post. Just as soon as my replacement mic cable comes in.... waiting... waiting... sheesh. :roll:
Social Media is an Oxymoron. Big Brother is watching.... keep it under your hat.
English Andrew

Post by English Andrew »

Certainly different versions are welcome - we'll be versions 9 and 10 of the Velveteen Rabbit. It'll be good to hear another male voice doing it. Hope the technical problems resolve soon.
Live in a Life + 70 or Life + 50 country? Record with us on legamus.eu too. It's like LibriVox but for those who obey different ridiculous rules on what's public domain.
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Andrew!

Thanks a lot! :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi PapaDoug!

Multiple versions are always welcome! Just post your recording here once you've finished it! I'll either inculde it in this collection or carry it over to the next one... :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
musicissilver

Post by musicissilver »

Hi, I'm new and a little confused.... is there anything I can help with here? I came to this forum by searching "cat" so if there's a cat involved, I'm totally up for it :D
Angelica Silver (musicissilver)
http://www.musicissilver.yolasite.com
I can read for you! PM me!!↴ I'm up to read basically anything (trying my best to avoid reading multi-character dialogue, though).
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi and welcome to LibriVox, Angelica!

Well, if you feel like reading a children's story (maybe one about a cat) you are in the right place. ;)

(This is a collection for children's short stories/fairy tales etc.. All you need to do is find a story, which is in the public domain and submit it here, once you've recorded it. Best have a look at the first post. You can find all the info there.)
Elli

aravis

Post by aravis »

The Velveteen Rabbit is PL:OK!!!! :D
Elli

musicissilver

Post by musicissilver »

aravis wrote:Hi and welcome to LibriVox, Angelica!

Well, if you feel like reading a children's story (maybe one about a cat) you are in the right place. ;)

(This is a collection for children's short stories/fairy tales etc.. All you need to do is find a story, which is in the public domain and submit it here, once you've recorded it. Best have a look at the first post. You can find all the info there.)
Hi! I found a cute collection of stories that I would like to read, but I'm not sure if they're necessarily children's stories. If you have the time, could you tell me if this is appropriate for your section? It seems like it hasn't been done before, so if you don't accept it, I would still like to do it. If it belongs somewhere else, I can start there. Start my own project, maybe? If you could give me a pointer on how to do something like that.

The text is here: http://publicdomainreview.org/collections/cat-and-bird-stories-from-the-spectator-1896/

Thanks so much.
I can read for you! PM me!!↴ I'm up to read basically anything (trying my best to avoid reading multi-character dialogue, though).
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Here is The Adventure of a Kite by Harriet Myrtle (?-? but copyright year is 1870)

https://librivox.org/uploads/aravis/childrensshortworks021_adventureofkite_lt_128kb.mp3

10:11
Text: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/18968

Lynne
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi musicissilver!

Sorry for the late reply! I just had a look at your link and I guess they'd be better suited for our Short Story Collection: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=55483 (At any rate those I looked at sounded more like stories an adult might enjoy)
Elli

aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Lynne!

Thanks a lot! :D
Elli

aravis

Post by aravis »

This collection is now closed... the next one will be started shortly! :D
Elli

aravis

Post by aravis »

The Adventure of a Kite:

repeat 3:10

One end of the ball of twine was now attached to the body of the Kite.
Elli

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

aravis wrote:The Adventure of a Kite:

repeat 3:10

One end of the ball of twine was now attached to the body of the Kite.
Corrected and re-uploaded.
musicissilver

Post by musicissilver »

aravis wrote:Hi musicissilver!

Sorry for the late reply! I just had a look at your link and I guess they'd be better suited for our Short Story Collection: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=55483 (At any rate those I looked at sounded more like stories an adult might enjoy)
Thank you, you've been very helpful.