COMPLETE: Faust I by Goethe (trans. Taylor) - ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Ransom wrote:Here's the Inquisitive Traveller.
He only has two lines! This has to be the easiest recording I've ever done! :D

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/faust_19_inquisitivetraveller.wav
Thank you, Ransom! Would you perhaps PM timberwolfmage about the music for Will o' the Wisp?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Ransom

Post by Ransom »

And the Will-o-the-wisp.

There are two recordings of the song, one right after the other. I included both because neither is great, and you will have a better chance of finding something usable this way.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/faust_19_will-o-the-wisp.wav
"Language fits over experience like a straight-jacket." ~ William Golding
timberwolfmage

Post by timberwolfmage »

Sounds awesome from where I sit, Ransom! :D

Will talk to ahab about getting a version recorded at some point soon. Is Mephisto still up in the air at this point?
-- [url=http://www.trekandromeda.com][b]Rosalind Wills[/b][/url]
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

timberwolfmage wrote:Sounds awesome from where I sit, Ransom! :D

Will talk to ahab about getting a version recorded at some point soon. Is Mephisto still up in the air at this point?
Yes, thank you, Ransom. Will listen shortly. - I'm afraid ahab is out again - haven't heard from him in ages despite various contact attempts.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
timberwolfmage

Post by timberwolfmage »

Well, I have the most reliable contact ability possible with ahab, as he is my father. :P So I will talk to him and see about getting him to record the song.
-- [url=http://www.trekandromeda.com][b]Rosalind Wills[/b][/url]
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

timberwolfmage wrote:Well, I have the most reliable contact ability possible with ahab, as he is my father. :P So I will talk to him and see about getting him to record the song.
Really! I didn't know that. And I made a mistake when I said that - I was thinking of Le Marteau, not of ahab. ahab was indeed just waiting for the song to record his last section. Please send my best wishes to him. :)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

What a talented family you are! :)
js392

Post by js392 »

Hi there - is the part 12 still available? I'd really like to do it if it is...
Happy new year and all the best,
Jenny
ahab

Post by ahab »

timberwolfmage: Thanks for the ping.

All: Thanks for your patience -- I am going to try to do scene 21 (and finish my part) next weekend. I was just waiting to see how the song with "alternating singing" would be handled. Based on Ransom's recording of WOTW, I'm assuming that I should just record the entire song, and timberwolfmage will edit the three parts together accordingly. I'll also follow WOTW's lead with respect to the key to sing in -- and whoever does Mephisto will have to follow the two of us . . .

Gesine, thanks so much for your persistence in managing this project, and good luck with the rest!

Cheers,
Ahab
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

ahab wrote:timberwolfmage: Thanks for the ping.

All: Thanks for your patience -- I am going to try to do scene 21 (and finish my part) next weekend. I was just waiting to see how the song with "alternating singing" would be handled. Based on Ransom's recording of WOTW, I'm assuming that I should just record the entire song, and timberwolfmage will edit the three parts together accordingly. I'll also follow WOTW's lead with respect to the key to sing in -- and whoever does Mephisto will have to follow the two of us . . .

Gesine, thanks so much for your persistence in managing this project, and good luck with the rest!

Cheers,
Ahab
That all sounds excellent, thanks so much.

I'm afraid I'm not doing very well with this project... I should follow up more, but it's hard to get all the parts in. The singing doesn't help as an added complication... but I'll be so excited to hear the two of you together.

Thank you!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

js392 wrote:Hi there - is the part 12 still available? I'd really like to do it if it is...
Happy new year and all the best,
Jenny
Hi Jenny, and Happy New Year! Section 12 with its various parts is all yours, thank you.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue! We can also link to a personal website/blog.
js392

Post by js392 »

Thanks! I'll get it done soon as I can,
All the best,
Jenny
Kalynda

Post by Kalynda »

I realized that I should probably mention that, although I made up the peasants song (II), I used the traditional Gregorian settings for the Chorus (XX). It is, as far as I know, in the PD (I was able to find a copy of the music free online, and boy is it OLD), but if you think it's a problem, let me know and I'll make something up and rerecord.
Il faut cultiver nos jardins.
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I'd like to do Margaret please.
So little space, so much to say.