COMPLETE Desert & Wilderness, H Sienkiewicz -rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
dumbo

Post by dumbo »

Hello Elizabby

Yes. I would like to practice a bit more.

Could I possibly claim chapters X and XI ?

Had a look at egalisation / compression / leveler, and got some very weird results.
But with a little perseverance . . . ?

@+
Philippe.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life (Confucius)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

That's fine - those chapters are all yours!

Maybe leave the equaliser for now - but the compressor I find very useful!
bigboymrj

Post by bigboymrj »

The name I would like to have in the catalog is Beef
dumbo

Post by dumbo »

Hello

Here is chapter 10 : https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/indesertandwilderness_10_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3
Length : 6 min 27 sec
File size : 6 mb

Compression with following settings : Threshold minus 14 db / Ratio 2:1
But the db level went up from 89.9 to 91.2 db.

Have a nice week end,
Philippe.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life (Confucius)
dumbo

Post by dumbo »

Hello

Here is chapter 11
Track length 10 min 17 sec

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/indesertandwilderness_11_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3

Would you mind, Elizabby, if I tried my hand out on something else ;
a detective story for instance ?

Have a nice day,
Philippe.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thank you very much Philippe for all your work! Please keep tracking this thread until your sections have been marked PL OK - then you can unsubscribe.

Of course, go ahead and claim/record whatever captures your interest! The nice thing about the claiming system here at Librivox is that you can claim just what you want in a book, then move on. There's no obligation to record anything in particular. (I actually spend most of my time in Dramatic Readings - I only come across here to read book chapters that especially strike my fancy!)

Have fun! :thumbs:
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hi. It won't make any real difference now but it looks like Max Drezmal died in 1947
viewtopic.php?p=1048760#p1048760
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Piotrek!
bigboymrj

Post by bigboymrj »

It will be awhile before I can finish my chapter my computer died and it will be awhile before it will be fixed/replaced :(
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

bigboymrj wrote:It will be awhile before I can finish my chapter my computer died and it will be awhile before it will be fixed/replaced :(
Just to clarify, are you asking for an extension? If you are, I'd prefer an estimated completion date.

If you aren't sure, or think it will be longer than a month, I would prefer to orphan the chapter for someone else to adopt, and you can re-claim a free chapter later.
bigboymrj

Post by bigboymrj »

Elizabby wrote:
bigboymrj wrote:It will be awhile before I can finish my chapter my computer died and it will be awhile before it will be fixed/replaced :(
Just to clarify, are you asking for an extension? If you are, I'd prefer an estimated completion date.

If you aren't sure, or think it will be longer than a month, I would prefer to orphan the chapter for someone else to adopt, and you can re-claim a free chapter later.
Yeah it will be a month or two so I guess I'll do that. Quick q how do I orphan a chapter?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

bigboymrj wrote:
Elizabby wrote:

Yeah it will be a month or two so I guess I'll do that. Quick q how do I orphan a chapter?
That's fine - you just let me know and I change the allocations in the MW. I'll do that now.

You're welcome back whenever you are ready - I just don't like to have very long open-ended claims.
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

Hello all, I would like to DPL this for you. As I have recently retired, enjoy proof listening and haven't yet gotten up the courage to become a reader, I have plenty of time. And as our long winter is quickly approaching, I will be indoors a lot and having something relaxing, but still useful, to do will be nice.
Max
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

MaxineMarie wrote:Hello all, I would like to DPL this for you. As I have recently retired, enjoy proof listening and haven't yet gotten up the courage to become a reader, I have plenty of time. And as our long winter is quickly approaching, I will be indoors a lot and having something relaxing, but still useful, to do will be nice.
Max
That would be fantastic! I've just launched a new Dramatic Reading of Wives and Daughters, so I'm a bit swamped - a DPL for this project would be lovely! :9:

Rapunzelina can give you Magic Window (MW) access - do you know how to use it?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Maxine is added as the DPL and should have access to the MW! Let us know if you run into any problems, Max, and welcome to this project :D