[COMPLETE] Bird Stories from Burroughs - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
anushar04

Post by anushar04 »

Alondra wrote:Hi,
I am attaching Section 1 The Bluebird including the poem, I was lucky with this one, a smooth read.

If you accept it that would be great, if not good enough, feedback would be appreciated, fun to read. 22 minutes

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/birdstories_s1_burroughs_128kb.mp3

If it is accepted I will start the next one.
Hello, Alondra! That was a lovely reading! :D

There was no problem with the text itself. Only, at 19:50, I'd like you to add the title of the poem too ("The Bluebird") before you read out the poem. And decrease a few seconds of the silence there.

Just a couple of technical things to remember, though:
  • •The volume of the file is too low at 83 db. The ideal range for our recordings is from 89 - 91 db. To increase the volume, you can go to Audacity, select your whole track, and go to 'Amplify' from the 'Effects' column. For better and clearer instructions on this, visit this wiki page.
    You can use the Librivox Checker next time - to check volume, before uploading, to make sure.
    •At 20:57, there was a little bit of some background noise. It's nothing we can't manage this time; but For next time, you could try to wait till the background noise stops and start recording again.
    •The file name should be birdstories_01_burroughs_128kb - the section is always a 2 digit number. We can change that during cataloguing, so don't worry about it.
    •At the end, when you close the recording, you do not need to add the title of the book "Bird Stories from Burroughs" - that's only for the last section of this project. You can stop at "Read by Sandra."
You can make these changes in audacity and upload it again whenever you have time. If you're encountering any problems, with Audacity or anything else, don't hesitate to message me! :)
And you can most definitely go ahead with recording your other sections too!

You did great. :clap: All the best!
Anusha - My LV page, and Some of My Music!
littlenell

Post by littlenell »

I would like to read Section 8, The Brown Thrasher. This will be my first project!
Littlenell
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Hi! Can I claim section 20?
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
anushar04

Post by anushar04 »

ShiNeko wrote:Hi! Can I claim section 20?
I have signed you up! Welcome to this project, and thanks for claiming. :)
Last edited by anushar04 on June 29th, 2014, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anushar04

Post by anushar04 »

littlenell wrote:I would like to read Section 8, The Brown Thrasher. This will be my first project!
Littlenell
Hello Littlenell, and welcome to Librivox! I'm sure you're going to have a great time here, it's very addictive. :D

First, let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear on your Reader Page in the LibriVox catalogue when your recordings are up. And we can also link your page to a personal website/blog.

I'm going to keep Section 8 blocked for you, but before you start recording it's really important that you please complete the Newbie Test - this is so that when you actually do a reading of a chapter, we wouldn't have to ask you to edit it or rerecord it because of some tech error. Don't worry, this is NOT an audition, but just to make sure that your technical aspects (such as volume, etc) are correct. More information on this here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. And you'll be able to upload it on the Listeners and Editors wanted forum and someone will come along soon to give you feedback on it.

After you're done with the test, you can start recording! :D
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

Can I claim sections 21, 22, & 28?
anushar04

Post by anushar04 »

Rainbow wrote:Can I claim sections 21, 22, & 28?
Yes, you most certainly can. The sections are yours! :)
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi Anusha:

Due to unforseeable stuff, I ended up doing the whole thing again but, a learning curve and it was a good one. I have done the Bluebird again and the poem. I have put it all through checker and the only problem is sound a little low, clocking in at 85. I have tried to make changes but really not sure how to do it, I have gone into sound on my computer and changed the level up to its highest now, so not sure what I can do. I am going to download gain something or other, see if that makes a difference.

Also some background noise I realize. I live in an apartment in China, it is very noisy, no insulation and people are loud and don't care. If I waited for the noise to quieten down I would not get anything done at all, so a bit unavoidable but I hope not a big problem.

Thank you so much for your advice and the compliment. It is about 21 minutes long.

I shall endeavour to do better.
Alondra
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi

good idea if I sent the file yes?

birdstories_s01_burroughs_128kbs.mp3

Cheers
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi,

I am attaching another story done, still a bit low, not sure what I am doing wrong, when I play it on my computer with headphones it is great, about half way volume. Can anyone help? Please let me know how it is. If I can get the sound sorted I will do more stories, I am really enjoying these.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/birdstories_s02_burroughs_128kbs.mp3

Thanks

Alondra
anushar04

Post by anushar04 »

Alondra wrote: I am attaching another story done, still a bit low, not sure what I am doing wrong, when I play it on my computer with headphones it is great, about half way volume. Can anyone help? Please let me know how it is. If I can get the sound sorted I will do more stories, I am really enjoying these.
Hello, Alondra! I'm going to pass Section 1 because it clocks in 86 db, which is fine, so it's PL OK!. I have also sent you a private message about section 2 and the volume control, so check your inbox :)
Emory

Post by Emory »

Hello, I would like to claim 25, The Crow. I have never recorded before so I might need a bit of instruction, but I learn fast. Thanks!
grannaknits

Post by grannaknits »

I would like to read sections 24, 25, and 26, please. Thanks!

Grannaknits (Denise Nordell)
Emory

Post by Emory »

I see that Grannaknits also wants to read section 25. It is fine. They can have it. I will find another. Thanks!
anushar04

Post by anushar04 »

Hey Emory! Welcome to LV, and welcome to this project.

You can still read Section 25 if you want to, since you claimed it first. :)

Before you start recording it's really important that you please complete the Newbie Test - this is so that when you actually do a reading of a chapter, we wouldn't have to ask you to edit it or rerecord it because of some tech error. Don't worry, this is NOT an audition, but just to make sure that your technical aspects (such as volume, etc) are correct. More information on this here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. And you'll be able to upload it on the Listeners and Editors wanted forum and someone will come along soon to give you feedback on it.

If you still want to do the reading, then let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear on your Reader Page in the LibriVox catalogue when your recordings are up. And we can also link your page to a personal website/blog.