COMPLETE Tabai al-Istibdad by Al-Kawakibi -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Zaineb

Post by Zaineb »

Hello All and welcome Talal , I am happy there is some activity on this project again :clap:

First I apologise for the delay in responding, I was on Business then Holiday trip, so just got back

Talal - thank you for the PL, I will adjust the recording according to your notes - I might take couple of weeks as it is hectic at work

thank you all
Zaineb

Post by Zaineb »

RTalal wrote:Zaineb,

This is the PL for your recording (Section 3):

Parameters for recording are fine, but I think you may want to have a look at the following:

- silence at the beginning is (3 seconds), should be no more than 0.5 to 1 second!
- silence of 10 second shoyld be at the end, as the recording length is 36:12. (it is 5 seconds).
- the phrase 'from year 1914'/'من سنة 1914' is attached to the reader name and city.
It is not clear what for it is.
- Tag for track title is '3'. I am not sure whether this is ok!
If you want to do this (you can leave it blank), you may use some indicative words.
Maybe mahmoud can advice.

The following notes are not (as far as the listen-proofing in the standard level is concerned) required from you right now, but you may want to know about them:
- 9:57 A paragparh is dropped: From "إنما هذه الوسيلة أي التشريك" to "جيشا عرمرما يخدم المستبدين".
- 6:53 The note is read, but there is no indication it is a note (No 'Note' or 'End Note').
- 15:26 The note is read, but there is no indication it is a note (No 'Note' or 'End Note').

Hope this will help!
Dear All

Happy New Year

I hope you are all doing well

I know it has been ages since we were working on this project and there is not much left to finish it

I am guilty of course , I only need to act on the PL notes from RTalal and it took me nearly a year but it has been unusually busy year

Anyway, I have at last managed to edit the chapter , below is the link

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/tabaialistibdad_03_alkawakibi.mp3

I made most of the requested changes , mainly adding the required length of silence, I added the missing paragraph although was not able to completely remove the back ground buzz noise , I don't know why this is happening, the recording conditions or equipments are exactly the same

I didn't repeat the foot notes as I think although I didn't mention they are foot notes it is clear and it explains the author point

I hope it is ok now

If I want to claim another chapter - I hope the participants in this project are still interested to finish it

Best regards to all
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you zaineb, and a happy new year to you too!

the project will stay open until all sections are finished and we can catalog. it would be great if you could read another section :)
Carolin
carteki

Post by carteki »

Not an Arabic speaker, but really glad to see this project underway and to get the 2nd Arabic book into the catalog!!! Well done :)
Zaineb

Post by Zaineb »

Carolin wrote:thank you zaineb, and a happy new year to you too!

the project will stay open until all sections are finished and we can catalog. it would be great if you could read another section :)
Hi Carolin

Thanks for the prompt reply - I will claim chapter 5 - can you please assign to me?

Carteki - thank you for the comment - and happy new year to you x
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

assigned :)
Carolin
rahaf

Post by rahaf »

Hello, I volunteer to read chapter 9 of this great book :)
what should I do to start? is there anything I need to do before start recording?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi rahaf, welcome to librivox!

you are welcome to read that chapter! to be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. we can also link to your personal website or blog, if you have one :)

you only need to wait for feedback on your test recording before getting started. if there are any problems, please work on those first, if everything is ok, you can get started on this section :)
Carolin
rahaf

Post by rahaf »

Carolin wrote:hi rahaf, welcome to librivox!

you are welcome to read that chapter! to be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. we can also link to your personal website or blog, if you have one :)

you only need to wait for feedback on your test recording before getting started. if there are any problems, please work on those first, if everything is ok, you can get started on this section :)

okay Carolin, I will wait until I get feedback on my recording test :)
and I would like to appear under this name "Rahaf Ahmad" :)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you very much rahaf! i have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here: https://librivox.org/reader/10580 :mrgreen:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i have sent a pm to the other volunteers involved in this project, it would be so nice if we could get this project into the catalog :D
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i have orphaned all claims except rahaf's.

all readers are welcome :)
Carolin
Eldahan

Post by Eldahan »

Hey guys! Could I take on chapter 2? I'm really interested in getting in to this.

Thanks!

Omar
iGeo

Post by iGeo »

Eldahan wrote:Hey guys! Could I take on chapter 2? I'm really interested in getting in to this.

Thanks!

Omar
Hello!

Wellcome aboard, Omar

Chapter 2 is yours :)

Enjoy
Eldahan

Post by Eldahan »

iGeo wrote:
Eldahan wrote:Hey guys! Could I take on chapter 2? I'm really interested in getting in to this.

Thanks!

Omar
Hello!

Wellcome aboard, Omar

Chapter 2 is yours :)

Enjoy

Hoorray!

One last thing, is there any way I can get a version of the book with "Tashakeel", I'm not always able to get the exact pronunciation without them.