[COMPLETE] The Intoxicated Ghost by Bates - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ecopelletier

Post by ecopelletier »

Almost done - I've just finished the initial editing phase and will go back in to fix the grammar or inflection inconsistencies I noted and I hope to have the final posted tomorrow for review.
Cheers,
Erica
Sometimes it feels safer to stay small and sometimes you need to be brave to really live.
ppcunningham

Post by ppcunningham »

Great, Erica!

Thanks!

Patti
The trouble with life isn't that there is no answer, it's that there are so many answers. Ruth Benedict

Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema

My Page
ecopelletier

Post by ecopelletier »

That took longer than I expected. Especially when I realized I somehow deleted an entire track (a page worth). I have some clicks to edit out and I'll listen to it one more time before I post it this weekend. It was a fun story!
Sometimes it feels safer to stay small and sometimes you need to be brave to really live.
docfroy

Post by docfroy »

Good evening everyone,

Just an update, I'm almost done with my section. Decided to re-record it at the end after a friend commented on the there still being too much echo, so I'm actually re-recording in a walk-in closet, using the clothing there as padding (so its not really as awkward as it sounds). Should be done with the recording and editing this weekend.

Will post it then, if you'll allow me. :oops:

Have a great week.

Thanks & best,
fran
ecopelletier

Post by ecopelletier »

Hi All,
here is my recording of Miss. Gaylord and Jenny.
Looking forward to your feedback.
Kind regards,
Erica

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/Miss_Gaylord_and_Jenny.mp3
ppcunningham

Post by ppcunningham »

Thanks for the update, docfroy.
There are many people here who record in closets, with great success. Good luck!

Thanks, ecopelletier - please post the time (number of minutes and seconds 00:00) of the recording along with the link. Arlene should be along soon to PL.

Well, this project is moving along so fast, I guess I'd better get busy on my own section!

Patti
The trouble with life isn't that there is no answer, it's that there are so many answers. Ruth Benedict

My Page
ecopelletier

Post by ecopelletier »

ppcunningham

Post by ppcunningham »

Sadly, Sreevidyan has had an attack of "Real Life" and is not able to complete section 4 -A Comedy in Crepe.

Any takers?

Patti

My Page
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Just returned from an out-of-town trip. Should get this PL'd by Friday at the latest!
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Miss Gaylord and Jenny was a joy to listen to. Thanks for a great reading!

There is a missing phrase at 23:36: "the matter presented itself to his professional mind as a medical case of absorbing interest; sometimes" caused, I think, by two consecutive lines ending in the word "sometimes".

Everything else is just "housekeeping"details. The introduction is not quite as requested. It should be done in the order requested, with section number first, then the title, then the bit about Librivox, etc., so that all the stories in the book will begin similarly. I think you have all the pieces, except maybe the section number, and they could just be cut and pasted around.

The very end has 26 seconds of silence instead of 10 seconds. It would be great if you could chop it off so that one story will flow into the next at the rate the listener expects.

Also, I think the name of the file has to follow the naming convention listed below the Magic Window (unless the new software allows it to vary from the convention, which is always possible!)

Thanks! I hope you hear you again!
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!
ppcunningham

Post by ppcunningham »

Yes, the file name should be as follows:

intoxicatedghost_#_bates_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where # is the section number.

In this case:

intoxicatedghost_7_bates_128kb.mp3

In some of the collections put together by Librivoxers, they ask you to name the file with the story name, or other convention. This one happens to be a regular book that is a collection of stories the author put together, so should follow the book format, using the section number - as outlined in the First Post instructions. Confusing sometimes. Easily fixed when you do your corrections to change the name when you export from Audacity to MP3.

Good job!

Patti

My Page
ecopelletier

Post by ecopelletier »

Thank you both for the information and feedback. I remember recording the missing piece so I probably flubbed in the editing process. This is my first librivox recording so I will definitely sort those housekeeping items out in the coming week when my houseguests leave.
IF no one takes the missing section before that, I may grab it but I'll wait and see till I've wrapped up this one.
Kind regards and thanks,
Erica
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

I'll take the last section:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
ppcunningham

Post by ppcunningham »

All yours, Kristin!

Thanks-

Patti

My Page
ecopelletier

Post by ecopelletier »

Repaired file included missing phrase, reworked intro, deleted extra seconds of silence, fixed the file name.

Miss Gaylord & Jenny, 45min 47 seconds
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/intoxicatedghost_7_bates_41.9mb_.mp3

Erica H Pelletier