COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri-leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

Here's an original summary if you'd rather not cite wikipedia:

The Divine Comedy (in Italian, Divina Commedia, or just La commedia or Comedia) is an epic poem written by Dante Alighieri in the first decades of the 14th Century, during his exile from his native Florence. Considered the most important work of Italian literature, the poem has also has enormous historical influence on western literature and culture more generally. Dante represents the three realms of the afterlife in his three canticles (Inferno--Hell; Purgatorio--Purgatory; Paradiso--Paradise) in a way that reflects and, at the same time, goes beyond Christian tradition of the 14th Century. Dante is sometimes called "The father of the Italian language" for the linguistic influence of the Comedy, which helped to elevate his native Florentine Tuscan dialect to the level of national standard. The poem is written in the first person, and tells of Dante's journey through the three realms of the dead, lasting from the night before Good Friday to the Wednesday after Easter in the spring of 1300. The Roman poet Virgil guides him through Hell and Purgatory; Beatrice, Dante's ideal woman, guides him through Heaven. (Summary by Mary J)
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Changed! :)

Also, thanks to whomever made and uploaded the cover art. =D Looks great!
Leni
=================
lezer

Post by lezer »

Great - congratulations, everyone!
Anna
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

I'm late; but I am glad to see this project finished! I recorded the roles when I was a fresh newbie a year ago... Going to be a great audiobook to listen to!
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.