[Complete] R.U.R (Rossum’s Universal Robots) K Čapek -dlol

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12031
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » May 27th, 2014, 5:37 pm

etel13 wrote:Here is the Servant robot - section 38.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/rur_servant_38.mp3
00:23

Etel
PL OK!

Thanks, Todd

cmbyrne
Posts: 9
Joined: April 24th, 2014, 2:57 pm

Post by cmbyrne » May 30th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Here is the Narrator - Intro: https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/rur_narrator_intro.mp3
and Act 1: https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/rur_narrator_actone.mp3

I hope I got all the stage directions - some were not in brackets so I may have missed them :roll:

Thanks.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12031
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » May 30th, 2014, 7:02 pm

cmbyrne wrote:Here is the Narrator - Intro: https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/rur_narrator_intro.mp3
and Act 1: https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/rur_narrator_actone.mp3

I hope I got all the stage directions - some were not in brackets so I may have missed them :roll:

Thanks.
Downloaded for PL.

Thanks, Todd

Tortilla
Posts: 2017
Joined: February 3rd, 2014, 2:29 pm

Post by Tortilla » May 31st, 2014, 6:44 am

cmbyrne wrote:Here is the Narrator - Intro: https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/rur_narrator_intro.mp3
and Act 1: https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/rur_narrator_actone.mp3

I hope I got all the stage directions - some were not in brackets so I may have missed them :roll:

Thanks.
Thanks!!
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.

Nuzzi51
Posts: 110
Joined: January 14th, 2011, 2:39 pm
Location: California

Post by Nuzzi51 » June 3rd, 2014, 12:15 am

is sulla still available? If so, I would like it.

Thanks

Tina
Tina

RedShoesWrites
Posts: 11
Joined: June 2nd, 2014, 7:48 pm

Post by RedShoesWrites » June 3rd, 2014, 7:18 am

If you are still up for gender neutral, could I play Radius??

And I don't know if this would sway your decision at all, but this would be my first with LibriVox. I would like to go by the pseudonym 'T. Layne'

Thanks! :)

Tortilla
Posts: 2017
Joined: February 3rd, 2014, 2:29 pm

Post by Tortilla » June 3rd, 2014, 7:24 am

Nuzzi51 wrote:is sulla still available? If so, I would like it.

Thanks

Tina
I'll sign you up! Make sure to also read A ROBOT and FOURTH ROBOT lines as well as a separate file, please.
Last edited by Tortilla on June 3rd, 2014, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.

Tortilla
Posts: 2017
Joined: February 3rd, 2014, 2:29 pm

Post by Tortilla » June 3rd, 2014, 7:26 am

RedShoesWrites wrote:If you are still up for gender neutral, could I play Radius??

And I don't know if this would sway your decision at all, but this would be my first with LibriVox. I would like to go by the pseudonym 'T. Layne'

Thanks! :)
I will be willing to reserve your position for Radius, but please do your one minute test if you haven't already. :) I have not found yours.
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.

RedShoesWrites
Posts: 11
Joined: June 2nd, 2014, 7:48 pm

Post by RedShoesWrites » June 3rd, 2014, 7:31 am

Tortilla wrote:
RedShoesWrites wrote:If you are still up for gender neutral, could I play Radius??

And I don't know if this would sway your decision at all, but this would be my first with LibriVox. I would like to go by the pseudonym 'T. Layne'

Thanks! :)
I will be willing to reserve your position for Radius, but please do your one minute test if you haven't already. :) I have not found yours.

Yup, I was planning on doing that this morning. :) I am excited to get to work on this with you guys! Thanks for giving me the chance!!!

Tortilla
Posts: 2017
Joined: February 3rd, 2014, 2:29 pm

Post by Tortilla » June 3rd, 2014, 7:34 am

I'll sign you up, but I need the approved one minute before I can accept files. :)
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.

Nuzzi51
Posts: 110
Joined: January 14th, 2011, 2:39 pm
Location: California

Post by Nuzzi51 » June 6th, 2014, 2:02 am

Tina

Nuzzi51
Posts: 110
Joined: January 14th, 2011, 2:39 pm
Location: California

Post by Nuzzi51 » June 6th, 2014, 2:11 am

Tina

Tortilla
Posts: 2017
Joined: February 3rd, 2014, 2:29 pm

Post by Tortilla » June 6th, 2014, 2:51 pm

Updated MW with Nuzzi15's files and assignment for RedShoeWrites!
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12031
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » June 6th, 2014, 4:19 pm

At 0:41 text is "50 thousand tons", I hear "15 thousand tons"

At 0:47 text is "A crew of fifteen hundred", I hear "A crew of fifteen thousand"

Otherwise fine. Level is pretty low, but recording is clean enough that it can be amplified to edit with no problems.

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12031
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » June 6th, 2014, 4:31 pm

cmbyrne wrote:Here is the Narrator - Intro: https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/rur_narrator_intro.mp3
[]

I hope I got all the stage directions - some were not in brackets so I may have missed them :roll:

Thanks.
Good recording. But...

This should start differently - you have everything said right but in the wrong order. The underlined stuff from the first post (below) should come first so that someone knows they have stated the right recording. In this case, instead of "Act [#]" you should say "Introduction". (Note: it didn't help that the first post was wrong with the name and author swapped - a template error we can't fix - but I have corrected the post now.)
Act [#] of R.U.R, by Karel Čapek. Translated by Paul Selver (1888 - 1970) This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.
Also, at the end, give yourself credit: "Stage Directions read by _____" And then say "End of Introduction"

Thanks, Todd

Post Reply