(Complete) [DRAM.READ] Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen -m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
musicalheart1
Posts: 1631
Joined: June 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Post by musicalheart1 » May 13th, 2014, 5:47 pm

Paks6 wrote:Hello, may I read Mrs. Thorpe?

:D
Certainly- thank you!

VanOs12
Posts: 246
Joined: October 8th, 2012, 8:47 am
Location: Idaho
Contact:

Post by VanOs12 » May 14th, 2014, 12:15 pm

musicalheart1 wrote: Just a few notes!
Chapter 04:
At 1:28- For "addressed her with great complaisance in these words" I hear "addressed her with a great complaisance in these words"
At 5:02- For "flirtations" I hear "flirtation"
Chapter 05:
At 4:07- For "gradation" I hear "gradiation"
And the edits:
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_narrator_04.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_narrator_05.mp3

Arie
Cheers

musicalheart1
Posts: 1631
Joined: June 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Post by musicalheart1 » May 14th, 2014, 7:32 pm

VanOs12 wrote:
musicalheart1 wrote: Just a few notes!
Chapter 04:
At 1:28- For "addressed her with great complaisance in these words" I hear "addressed her with a great complaisance in these words"
At 5:02- For "flirtations" I hear "flirtation"
Chapter 05:
At 4:07- For "gradation" I hear "gradiation"
And the edits:
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_narrator_04.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_narrator_05.mp3

Arie
Perfect now! :thumbs:

Elizabby
Posts: 9279
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » May 14th, 2014, 7:47 pm

francesb wrote:Hello! May I claim Sarah Morland?

If so, here's the part :) I knew I just had to take part in this but could only claim a small role :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_sarahmorland_29.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_sarahmorland_30.mp3
Thanks Frances, just two PL notes:

In Chapter 29 the words are correct but there is a click and a thump in the background.
In Chapter 30 the first word "You" is not clear.

Elizabby
Posts: 9279
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » May 14th, 2014, 7:58 pm

fiddlesticks wrote:Re uploaded! I know it does not sound great where the edits are, but hopefully it's not to bad :P I could not get them to blend together very well.


https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_mrsmorland_02.mp3


https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_mrsmorland_30.mp3


https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_mrsmorland_29.mp3
These are now PL OK! :thumbs: Thanks for redoing those!

musicalheart1
Posts: 1631
Joined: June 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Post by musicalheart1 » May 14th, 2014, 8:27 pm

Elizabby wrote:
francesb wrote:Hello! May I claim Sarah Morland?

If so, here's the part :) I knew I just had to take part in this but could only claim a small role :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_sarahmorland_29.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_sarahmorland_30.mp3
Thanks Frances, just two PL notes:

In Chapter 29 the words are correct but there is a click and a thump in the background.
In Chapter 30 the first word "You" is not clear.
Thanks, Beth!

musicalheart1
Posts: 1631
Joined: June 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Post by musicalheart1 » May 14th, 2014, 8:30 pm

Elizabby wrote:
fiddlesticks wrote:Re uploaded! I know it does not sound great where the edits are, but hopefully it's not to bad :P I could not get them to blend together very well.


https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_mrsmorland_02.mp3


https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_mrsmorland_30.mp3


https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_mrsmorland_29.mp3
These are now PL OK! :thumbs: Thanks for redoing those!
Thanks, both!

Paks6
Posts: 134
Joined: March 21st, 2014, 11:16 am
Location: Prince Edward Island , Canada

Post by Paks6 » May 15th, 2014, 6:49 am

Natalie Paula

Always take the road less travelled!

musicalheart1
Posts: 1631
Joined: June 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Post by musicalheart1 » May 15th, 2014, 4:32 pm

Paks6 wrote:Hello there here are Chapter 04, 08 and 15 for Mrs. Thorpe:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_mrsthorpe_04_128kb.mp3

Time: 1m 10s

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_mrsthorpe_08_128kb.mp3

Time: 58s

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_mrsthorpe_15_128kb.mp3

Time: 20s

PS: I am just finishing up chapter 16

:D
:)
MW updated, thanks!

Elizabby
Posts: 9279
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » May 15th, 2014, 4:54 pm

Chapter 4 is PL OK! :clap:

Chapter 8 there is one word missing: "it" at 00:49. The full line should be: "I must say it, though I am his mother,"

Chapter 15 is PL OK! :thumbs:

musicalheart1
Posts: 1631
Joined: June 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Post by musicalheart1 » May 15th, 2014, 5:07 pm

Elizabby wrote:
Chapter 4 is PL OK! :clap:

Chapter 8 there is one word missing: "it" at 00:49. The full line should be: "I must say it, though I am his mother,"

Chapter 15 is PL OK! :thumbs:
Thanks, Beth!

Paks6
Posts: 134
Joined: March 21st, 2014, 11:16 am
Location: Prince Edward Island , Canada

Post by Paks6 » May 16th, 2014, 5:05 am

Natalie Paula

Always take the road less travelled!

Elizabby
Posts: 9279
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » May 16th, 2014, 6:14 am

Paks6 wrote:Hi there, here is the edited chapter 08 and the finished chapter 16;

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_mrsthorpe_08_128kb.mp3


https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_mrsthorpe_16_128kb.mp3

time: 1m 48s

:)
Thanks very much! These are both PL OK! :thumbs: Good work! :clap:

musicalheart1
Posts: 1631
Joined: June 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Post by musicalheart1 » May 16th, 2014, 11:14 am

Elizabby wrote:
Paks6 wrote:Hi there, here is the edited chapter 08 and the finished chapter 16;

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_mrsthorpe_08_128kb.mp3


https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/northangerabbey_mrsthorpe_16_128kb.mp3

time: 1m 48s

:)
Thanks very much! These are both PL OK! :thumbs: Good work! :clap:
And I've updated the MW accordingly!

francesb
Posts: 908
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 1:34 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Post by francesb » May 16th, 2014, 11:53 am

Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green

Post Reply