COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] His Last Bow (Sherlock Holmes) - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » April 28th, 2014, 2:42 am

Thanks! This is in the MW, I'll PL it as soon as I can. (This is a bit longer than the other short parts I've done tonight!)

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » April 28th, 2014, 4:08 am

Excellent! Really good accent - very nicely done! Especially the gritty, angry parts at the end - very authentic! :thumbs:

mousehawk

Post by mousehawk » April 28th, 2014, 6:06 am

Ta much! Pretty sure my neighbours now think I'm nuts, however. :lol:

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » April 28th, 2014, 6:25 am

mousehawk wrote:Ta much! Pretty sure my neighbours now think I'm nuts, however. :lol:
Oh, some German-accented threats are nothing! I'm currently narrating a story about Australian convicts who escape from prison and travel across Tasmania by eating each other... :shock:

And the previous Sherlock Holmes book had us all yelling "Fire!" :lol:

Anyway, Gregson should be easier - you can do him with whatever accent you like! :9:

etel13

Post by etel13 » April 28th, 2014, 9:11 am

This is Emilia Lucca chapter 5. I had so much fun doing it. I'm Brazilian and I hope the Italian accent the way I did is the one you expected!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/hislastbow_05_emilialucca.mp3
12:11

Etel

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » April 28th, 2014, 12:02 pm

I'm afraid I don't have any files. :( But wanted to post just so that I'm following the thread. And I will have files soon ... :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » April 29th, 2014, 4:27 am

etel13 wrote:This is Emilia Lucca chapter 5. I had so much fun doing it. I'm Brazilian and I hope the Italian accent the way I did is the one you expected!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/hislastbow_05_emilialucca.mp3
12:11

Etel
Beautifully done! That was a long read, and not an easy one, but you handled it perfectly! I consider it one of the great advantages of an international community that was can have real accents to suit voices which are described in the text! :clap:

BrianMansiVO

Post by BrianMansiVO » April 29th, 2014, 5:31 am

Hello,

I'd like to claim (7) Walters, (14) Cab Driver and (24) Butler (to Sir James) please :)

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » April 29th, 2014, 5:58 am

BrianMansiVO wrote:Hello,

I'd like to claim (7) Walters, (14) Cab Driver and (24) Butler (to Sir James) please :)
Go for it! I'll put you in the MW when I'm on the computer, but you can start recording whenever you like!

etel13

Post by etel13 » April 29th, 2014, 6:11 am

Thank you Elizabby, As I said I enjoyed doing it!!
Have a good one!! :D

Norman

Post by Norman » April 30th, 2014, 9:54 pm

i added a file, thought twice about it, and then edited and replaced it with this one.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/hislastbow_10_drsterndale.mp3 01:48

Dr. Sterndale chapter 10.

I hope Dr. Sterndale was stern enough. If there are any changes you would like, just let me know. i will get to Dr. Sterndale in chapt 11 in a few days.

Best wishes,
Norm
Norman

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » April 30th, 2014, 11:36 pm

Norman wrote:i added a file, thought twice about it, and then edited and replaced it with this one.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/hislastbow_10_drsterndale.mp3 01:48

Dr. Sterndale chapter 10.

I hope Dr. Sterndale was stern enough. If there are any changes you would like, just let me know. i will get to Dr. Sterndale in chapt 11 in a few days.
Thanks Norman! Dr Sterndale is PL OK! :thumbs: (You get a lot more to say in Chapter 11, so don't feel you have to rush. I haven't even started my recording for Holmes yet!)

Post by 2014 » May 1st, 2014, 10:17 am

I will be glad to take any male role, except the Italian one, or number of male roles.
This will be my first time to record for librivox.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » May 1st, 2014, 5:37 pm

2014 wrote:I will be glad to take any male role, except the Italian one, or number of male roles.
This will be my first time to record for librivox.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Hello and Welcome to Librivox! I'm glad you are keen to volunteer! For your first part, I suggest starting small, so how about the Railway Officer in Chapter 6? That's about 6 lines, from memory. Then if you like it, you can come back and claim something else as well! (We always need more male voices!)

However, before you start recording actual lines for submission, I need you to do a 1-minute-test to check that your technical specs are all correct. Here are the links telling you how to do this:

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Once your 1-minute test is approved, you can come back here and use the Google docs linked in purple in the Magic Window to find your lines and record them - don't forget your voice credit! "Railway Officer read by Yourname"

You will need to let me know what name you want in the catalogue. This can be your real name, your screen name or something else but once you've chosen it, it can't be changed. I can also link a website or blog or URL when I create your profile, if you want that. Any questions, post back here!

Norman

Post by Norman » May 3rd, 2014, 5:27 pm

I thought my eyes could keep up with my mouth, but I believe there are about a half dozen deviations from word perfect. I fixed ones that I didn't like but i think the remaining ones are not noticeable/significant if you are ok with it. Feel free to bounce it back if you want it word perfect or if there are any changes that you would like made. (I didnt see a description of what level of P.L. you wanted.

Dr. Sterndale Chapt 11

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/hislastbow_11_drsterndale.mp3 08:03

Norman