(Complete) The Great Encyclical Letters of Pope Leo XIII -mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Morning Maria, :D

@~ 16:57 missed edit.

Were this not so, deplorable contentions and conflicts would often arise, and not infrequently men, like travellers at the meeting...
"the story seems to take forever to go anywhere - and I know where it is going." - m8b1 2012
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Hugh,

I've fixed 6 and 7 is ready! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria,

6 and 7 are okay. :)
"the story seems to take forever to go anywhere - and I know where it is going." - m8b1 2012
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks, Hugh ~ 8 is ready. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria,

8 is okay. :D
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Hugh,

9 is finally ready! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria,

Sooo close... :)

@~57:22 missed edit.

Bring it home to their minds, as We have ourselves oftentimes conveyed the warning, that matters...
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Hugh,

Sorry for the delay! I have fixed 9, and have two sections for you today - had to split the next one up. I was hoping to get it down to 80 minutes, but it was just a few minutes over the limit! Thankfully, however, that is the longest encyclical in the book. I'd been dreading getting through that one, but I am very glad it is finished now!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Hugh,

Sorry for the delay! I have fixed 9, and have two sections for you today - had to split the next one up. I was hoping to get it down to 80 minutes, but it was just a few minutes over the limit!

I thought that that was the longest Encyclical in the book, I was sure of it ~ but I just looked, and there is one that is one page longer. I was so glad to be through the longest one! Oh well! At least there are a number of shorter ones in between this one and that one. :D
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria,

Wow, two weeks. I was starting to get a bit worried about you. :) But recording 41 pages of text is quite a big job. Looking forward to "The Unity Of The Church" at 42 pages.

Hope you had a great 4th of July weekend. We went to a couple of Jethawks baseball games, one on the fourth and another on the fifth. They had a really good tribute to the military both days. We have a large military presence with Edwards Air Force Base about 30 minutes north, and Air Force Plant 42 just a few miles south of where we live.

9 and 10 are okay.

11 - @ ~42:36 missed partial sentence and missed edit.

We have now laid before you, Venerable Brethren, both who are the persons and what are the means where-by this most arduous question must be solved.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks, Hugh ~ I've fixed 11!

Didn't mean to worry you! I almost PM'd you to say I was still alive, but I thought I was going to have that section done last week, but it didn't happen. Just a long encyclical, and the weather was hot and very humid, not conducive to recording for long stretches. The weather finally did break last week right before the 4th and was gloriously beautiful, cool and dry, but then everyone was shooting off fireworks for hours on end very close to the house ---- https://librivox.org/uploads/bloopers/fourthofjuly.mp3 - for some reason I decided it was best not to record. :lol:

Our poor dog is scared to death of fireworks. I end up taking her to the basement and playing music as loud as it will go so she can't hear them. She'll then curl up behind my chair and go to sleep, until I move. That is what I did on the fourth (at least in the evening). :-)

A ball game sounds nice - haven't gotten to one yet this year, hopefully soon though!

Sorry about the double post above! I meant to hit edit, but I must have hit the quote button instead!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria,

11 is okay. :)

I forgot about your dog. :cry: Poor thing. We had the same problem with Luther and Bailey on the 4th as well as New Years eve. They wouldn't hide, they would bark, and run around the house just scared out of their wits. On the advise of one of our friends, took them to the vet about a month before the 4th to get them sedatives. I guess quite a lot of people do this, as the vet was more than happy to give us a prescription. They worked great, about an hour or so before sundown, we would give them each 1/2 of a pill in a hot dog or cheese, and they would end up sleeping (mostly) through the whole night and be just fine the next day.

I need to ask, what kind of mic do you use. I listened to your fireworks recording, by the way it sounds just like our neighborhood, and I could hear crickets in the background. That is a very sensitive mic. :D
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks, Hugh!

My microphone is a Zoom H2. It came highly recommended on the forum, and I have never regretted buying it. If I had it on different settings, it might have picked up even more (at least more crickets :wink:), but I have it on a lower setting so that it is not picking up too much background noise while recording.

I love the fact that it is portable - I run it on rechargeable batteries. I don't think I could go back to one that has to be hooked up to the computer while recording!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Shocking news ~ I have a section ready for you! :lol:
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria,

:shock:

12 is okay.