[COMPLETE] The Bible For Young People Vol. 1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

The Bible For Young People Volume 1 by Anonymous ( - ).

This project is now in the catalogue. All audio files can be found on our catalogue page:
http://librivox.org/the-bible-for-young-people-volume-1-by-anonymous/

"The Bible for Young People tells the sweet and simple stories of the Bible in the Bible language, omitting only genealogies and doctrines, and whatever is generally regarded as unprofitable to young readers. Moreover, it is so divided into subjects, forming complete stories, that the child will be interested in every part of it. ...
Verse divisions have been disregarded, and a totally new system of chapters introduced in place of the familiar ones, and it is hoped that this novelty will give fresh interest to the old book. One of the features which will be appreciated is the table of contents, giving the subject of each book and its subdivisions, so that one may readily turn to any Bible story of which he is in search.

With great discrimination and sympathy, the compiler, Mrs. Joseph B. Gilder, has accomplished this task, and the book now stands as the embodiment of what is universally considered the best in the Bible for young people, "best" meaning here what is most suited to the minds of girls and boys and appropriate to their moral range. " Volume 1 comprises the stories of the Old Testament. ( Publisher's note)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/45195
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Our wonderful DPL is WoollyBee

Magic Window:

BC Admin

===========================================
      • Project Code: 7UrqHbpg
      • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Anonymous) : n/a
      • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
      • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 155
      • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
      • Original publication date (if known):
      • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Non-fiction/Religion
      Keywords that describe the book: children, old testament, bible stories
      ============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of The Bible For Young People Volume 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org" ** If you are reading from Psalms, please just read "Psalm ##" (e.g."Psalm 23")
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "The Bible For Young People Volume 1, by Anonymous. [Chapter]"
        If you are reading the first chapter in a section please also read the name of the section, e.g. "Section 1 - The Beginnings"
      END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of The Bible For Young People Volume 1, by Anonymous. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please use the chapter numbers from this book, not those of the original King James version - as it says in the book-talk :"Verse divisions have been disregarded, and a totally new system of chapters introduced in place of the familiar ones"

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      bibleforyoungpeople1_###_anonymous_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ### is the section number (e.g. bibleforyoungpeople1_001_anonymous_128kb.mp3) Please be sure to use the three digit format.
    9. Example ID3 V2 tags
      (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
      Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
      Artist: Anonymous
      Title: ## - [Section title]
      Album: The Bible For Young People Volume 1

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: darvinia
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
      Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by Lynnet on April 12th, 2014, 6:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

I'll MC this for you Lynne. Back shortly with a MW.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

All set. I'll leave it here in the Launch Pad for a little while to let people see what's coming up and hopefully interest a DPL.

Have fun! :)
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thanks, Bev. It's going to take a while to set up the MW but I'll get it started tonight and finish tomorrow 8-) At least readers will see some of the chapters they can claim :D
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

You're welcome! I think this is going to be a long-term project so a day or two extra setting it up won't make much difference. :wink:
Bev

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Darvinia wrote:You're welcome! I think this is going to be a long-term project so a day or two extra setting it up won't make much difference. :wink:
I agree... I think this may be the sort of project that might interest a lot of people, though... I hope so. Also, a lot are very short, bite-size stories.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Looks like a great book! May I DPL?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

WoollyBee wrote:Looks like a great book! May I DPL?
Thank you, Sarah. Would love to have you :thumbs:
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Thanks Sarah! You're in.
Bev

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

May I have sections 2 & 3 please Lynnet.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

aradlaw wrote:May I have sections 2 & 3 please Lynnet.
You certainly may... and many more if you wish 8-)
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

What a lot of work in the MW!

I was proof-reading the section titles and noticed that between 142 Proverbs and 143 Prophecies of Isaiah, the gutenberg table of contents has 138-Remember Thy Creator. I know the numbers don't match after Psalms but did you include Remember Thy Creator in one of the sections on either side?

Similarly missing is the gutenberg 154-Zechariah's Predictions Concerning Christ between 157 Jonah and 158 Malachi's Prophecy of Christ.

I'll move this to Readers Wanted: Books tomorrow.
Bev

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Darvinia wrote:What a lot of work in the MW!

I was proof-reading the section titles and noticed that between 142 Proverbs and 143 Prophecies of Isaiah, the gutenberg table of contents has 138-Remember Thy Creator. I know the numbers don't match after Psalms but did you include Remember Thy Creator in one of the sections on either side?

Similarly missing is the gutenberg 154-Zechariah's Predictions Concerning Christ between 157 Jonah and 158 Malachi's Prophecy of Christ.

I'll move this to Readers Wanted: Books tomorrow.
I'll take a look at those tomorrow. My brain was feeling a bit frazzled by then :shock: and my husband was giving me a hard time about dinner :roll:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

What fun! Please put me down for the books of Esther and Job (sections 131-135).

Can I also have the plagues? Very suitable for this time of year! (sections 29-33)

I might take more later, but let's go with those for now.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Elizabby wrote:What fun! Please put me down for the books of Esther and Job (sections 131-135).

Can I also have the plagues? Very suitable for this time of year! (sections 29-33)

I might take more later, but let's go with those for now.
Will do!