COMPLETE[MULTI] Multilingual Short Works Collection 013-hok

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ShiNeko
Posts: 1705
Joined: June 5th, 2013, 9:35 am
Location: Pearl near the Sea

Post by ShiNeko » June 22nd, 2015, 11:40 pm

zadoroznyeva wrote:Hi,

My name is Eva : viewtopic.php?f=17&t=56689

I have recently passed the 1-minute test : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=56705

Now I am choosing stories to read in Russian and would like to consult you about some candidates,
please :

I have a collection of short stories by Henry Kuttner called "The Proud Robot" in Russian that includes his great science fiction works like "The Ego Machine", and the ones I want to read from the Hogben Series/ Chronicles : "Exit the Professor" and "Pile of Trouble."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Kuttner#Short_stories

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogben_series

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/?query=henry+kuttner

Please advice whether these works are in the public domain (http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain).


Hello Eva! Welcome to LibriVox! Is the book in Russian published in the USA or outside the USA? And in which year?
Last edited by ShiNeko on June 22nd, 2015, 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Nastya
紫猫

ShiNeko
Posts: 1705
Joined: June 5th, 2013, 9:35 am
Location: Pearl near the Sea

Post by ShiNeko » June 22nd, 2015, 11:53 pm

Harr1 wrote:Hi! Is there still room for short story? This is by Swedish writer A. Blanche, but read in Finnish.

URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - https://librivox.org/uploads/hokuspokus/msw013_kallesaukko_blanche_hty_128kb.mp3.mp3
Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 32:26
URL for online text - https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/33937
Title of work - Kalle Saukko
Date of publication (if available) -1883 (In Finnish)
Name of author - August Blanche
Birth date and date of death of author if available (xxxx-xxxx) - 1811-1868
URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Blanche / https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodolinda_Hahnsson
Brief indication of the work in a few words: short story, humorous
Language: Finnish (Translated by Theodolinda Hahnsson)

Reader's name to use on the catalogue page - Harri Tapani Ylilammi
Reader's personal URL to use on the catalogue page harri.ylilammi.fi

Hello Harri!
Welcome to LibriVox! Thank you for your recording.
Here is your reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/10131 (you can just click on your nickname in the Magic Window in the first post). If you click on Reader section details you'll see numbers of sections in the projects, in which you take part, and their status (assigned, ready for proof listening, PL notes etc.)
~Nastya
紫猫

catharmaiden
Posts: 360
Joined: June 3rd, 2015, 1:58 am
Location: Luxembourg
Contact:

Post by catharmaiden » June 26th, 2015, 3:05 pm

Hello, I would like to propose a poem in Luxembourgish, by a Luxembourgish emigrant to the United States, Nicholas Gonner. It was published in his poetry collection Prairieblummen in 1883, which I re-edited a few years ago. It's quite funny, about the perks of making good wine, and it's called Onser Hêrrgott an dë drei miseler (Our Lord and the three men from the Moselle). Would that be ok?

Sandra

Jonna
Posts: 15
Joined: June 26th, 2015, 7:54 am
Location: Finland

Post by Jonna » June 27th, 2015, 2:48 am

Hi!

I have just recorded my first poem. Here it is:

URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - https://librivox.org/uploads/hokuspokus/msw013_dagen_svalnar_sodergran_jb_128kb.mp3
Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 1:33
URL for online text - http://runeberg.org/sodrgran/01_02.html
Title of work - Dagen svalnar
Date of publication (if available) - 1916
Name of author - Edith Södergran [Sodergran]
Birth date and date of death of author if available (xxxx-xxxx) - 1892-1923
URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - http://runeberg.org/authors/sodrgran.html
Brief indication of the work in a few words: poetry, modernism, Finland-Swedish literature
Language: Swedish

Reader's name for use on the catalogue page - Jonna B

Think that's everything, do remind me if I missed something!

/Jonna

ShiNeko
Posts: 1705
Joined: June 5th, 2013, 9:35 am
Location: Pearl near the Sea

Post by ShiNeko » June 27th, 2015, 1:40 pm

Hi Jonna!
Welcome to LibriVox! :clap: Thank you for your recording.
Here is your reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/10144 (you can just click on your nickname in the Magic Window in the first post). If you click on Reader section details you'll see in which projects you take part, which sections you need to record and their status (assigned, ready for proof listening, PL notes etc.)
Cheers!
~Nastya
紫猫

ShiNeko
Posts: 1705
Joined: June 5th, 2013, 9:35 am
Location: Pearl near the Sea

Post by ShiNeko » June 27th, 2015, 1:43 pm

catharmaiden wrote:Hello, I would like to propose a poem in Luxembourgish, by a Luxembourgish emigrant to the United States, Nicholas Gonner. It was published in his poetry collection Prairieblummen in 1883, which I re-edited a few years ago. It's quite funny, about the perks of making good wine, and it's called Onser Hêrrgott an dë drei miseler (Our Lord and the three men from the Moselle). Would that be ok?
Hello Sandra!
What do you mean by 'you re-edited'? If you use the PD edition for your recording then it is ok.
~Nastya
紫猫

Oxenhandler
Posts: 314
Joined: March 29th, 2010, 12:28 pm

Post by Oxenhandler » June 27th, 2015, 1:51 pm

Hi joanna,

What a beautiful reading. I listened and translated. I love the Swedish language.

Keep recording. You sound great!

Thank you.
Last edited by Oxenhandler on June 27th, 2015, 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShiNeko
Posts: 1705
Joined: June 5th, 2013, 9:35 am
Location: Pearl near the Sea

Post by ShiNeko » June 27th, 2015, 2:04 pm

Oxenhandler wrote:Hi joanna,

What a beautiful reading. I listened and translated. I love the Swedish language.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS546US546&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=google+translate

I'm not sure exactly how one goes about entering a single poem into the catalog here. Perhaps you could look at the "New Projects Launch Pad" in the forum and consider the options. Meanwhile, you might record a small part in one of the dramatic readings, poetry or a short story in one of the anthologies under production already. Keep recording. You sound great!

Thank you.


Hi! Was Jonna's recording ok? I mean in tech aspects and without repeats. etc.? I'm asking in order to know if I can mark it 'PL OK'.

This collection is for recording single short works from various authors by various readers in various languages (readers choose what to record themselves). All the 20 works recorded and PLed OK are going to be put in one collection. You can see previously recorded Multilingual Short Works Collections here. :)
~Nastya
紫猫

catharmaiden
Posts: 360
Joined: June 3rd, 2015, 1:58 am
Location: Luxembourg
Contact:

Post by catharmaiden » June 27th, 2015, 2:12 pm

The magic window seems to be full at present. You didn't say whether you wanted my poem nevertheless? :)

To answer your question: I'm a literary researcher and I wrote a commentary for the poetry collection. If you're interested, there is more info on my homepage:

http://www.sandraschmit.com/pages/eng/literary-criticism.php#prairieblummen

All this doesn't change the fact that the poems are in PD. The author died in the 19th century. :)

Could you please confirm whether you want the poem for this project or not? :hmm:

Sandra

Oxenhandler
Posts: 314
Joined: March 29th, 2010, 12:28 pm

Post by Oxenhandler » June 27th, 2015, 2:21 pm

Nastya, Hi! Was Jonna's recording ok? I mean in tech aspects and without repeats. etc.? I'm asking in order to know if I can mark it 'PL OK'.
I'll run it through the checker if you'd like. But otherwise, it's great, no repeats, no noises.

EDIT: Joanna's file passed the checker.

Jonna
Posts: 15
Joined: June 26th, 2015, 7:54 am
Location: Finland

Post by Jonna » June 28th, 2015, 12:29 pm

ShiNeko wrote:Hi Jonna!
Welcome to LibriVox! :clap: Thank you for your recording.
Here is your reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/10144 (you can just click on your nickname in the Magic Window in the first post). If you click on Reader section details you'll see in which projects you take part, which sections you need to record and their status (assigned, ready for proof listening, PL notes etc.)
Cheers!

Thank you for setting me up! So excited to have my first recoding submitted!

Jonna
Posts: 15
Joined: June 26th, 2015, 7:54 am
Location: Finland

Post by Jonna » June 28th, 2015, 12:31 pm

ShiNeko wrote:
Oxenhandler wrote:Hi joanna,

What a beautiful reading. I listened and translated. I love the Swedish language.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS546US546&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=google+translate

I'm not sure exactly how one goes about entering a single poem into the catalog here. Perhaps you could look at the "New Projects Launch Pad" in the forum and consider the options. Meanwhile, you might record a small part in one of the dramatic readings, poetry or a short story in one of the anthologies under production already. Keep recording. You sound great!

Thank you.


Hi! Was Jonna's recording ok? I mean in tech aspects and without repeats. etc.? I'm asking in order to know if I can mark it 'PL OK'.

This collection is for recording single short works from various authors by various readers in various languages (readers choose what to record themselves). All the 20 works recorded and PLed OK are going to be put in one collection. You can see previously recorded Multilingual Short Works Collections here. :)

Thank you all for the kind words and the check ups! Very glad to herar that everything seems to have worked out ok!

ShiNeko
Posts: 1705
Joined: June 5th, 2013, 9:35 am
Location: Pearl near the Sea

Post by ShiNeko » June 28th, 2015, 2:11 pm

Thank you, Oxenhandler.
~Nastya
紫猫

zadoroznyeva
Posts: 19
Joined: May 20th, 2015, 2:19 pm

Post by zadoroznyeva » June 29th, 2015, 4:21 pm

ShiNeko wrote:
zadoroznyeva wrote:Hi,

My name is Eva : viewtopic.php?f=17&t=56689

I have recently passed the 1-minute test : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=56705

Now I am choosing stories to read in Russian and would like to consult you about some candidates,
please :

I have a collection of short stories by Henry Kuttner called "The Proud Robot" in Russian that includes his great science fiction works like "The Ego Machine", and the ones I want to read from the Hogben Series/ Chronicles : "Exit the Professor" and "Pile of Trouble."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Kuttner#Short_stories

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogben_series

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/?query=henry+kuttner

Please advice whether these works are in the public domain (http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain).


Hello Eva! Welcome to LibriVox! Is the book in Russian published in the USA or outside the USA? And in which year?
Hi Nastya,

Thank you. The book is in Russian published also in Russia in 1968. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks again,
Eva

ShiNeko
Posts: 1705
Joined: June 5th, 2013, 9:35 am
Location: Pearl near the Sea

Post by ShiNeko » June 30th, 2015, 12:52 am

zadoroznyeva wrote: Hi Nastya,

Thank you. The book is in Russian published also in Russia in 1968. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks again,
Eva
Hi Eva! It's a pity, but all books, published outside the USA, should be published before 1923 in order to be used for recordings. You can find old publications in Russian here: http://www.knigafund.ru
and here: https://archive.org/ . But you need to check the year before recording. Good luck! If you need help at finding some books, feel free to ask me for help. :)
~Nastya
紫猫

Post Reply