COMPLETE [LETTERS] The History of Emily Montague - Vol 1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

CaprishaPage wrote:
JoFriday21 wrote:Yes, there's no narrator so it's just like a regular group project. No editing needed.
Awesome!! Ok, don't listen to mine yet. Let me add it, and I'll let ya know when I've fixed it. :shock: headed over there now. Lol!
Lol!!!!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Oufcourse! You do as you decided and good luck with itl.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

JoFriday21 wrote:
CaprishaPage wrote:
JoFriday21 wrote:Yes, there's no narrator so it's just like a regular group project. No editing needed.
Awesome!! Ok, don't listen to mine yet. Let me add it, and I'll let ya know when I've fixed it. :shock: headed over there now. Lol!
Lol!!!!
I know, I know! lol!

Okay, they should be "better" now.

Letter 13: Duration - 3:32
Letter 19: Duration - 3:53

I don't know that I've been a 'proper' DPL before. Does that give me access to the MW? If so, I will pop my sections in there when I get them.
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

One more before I have to run out...

Letter 28
Duration: 1:28
URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/emilymontague1_28_brooke_128kb.mp3
Caprisha

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

CaprishaPage wrote: I don't know that I've been a 'proper' DPL before. Does that give me access to the MW? If so, I will pop my sections in there when I get them.
That's the first time you're a 'proper' DPL :D
You should have access to the magic window. You've been a BC before, so I don't think it will be any different, but let me know if something doesn't work.
J_N

Post by J_N »

and here is the meddling E. Melmoth :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/emilymontague1_43_brooke_128kb.mp3 2:01
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/emilymontague1_46_brooke_128kb.mp3 3:04

I was just wondering - have you thought about editing several letters into one file (15-30 Minutes)? The letters aren't long and some (like mine) are particularly short... while listening people would have to listen to lots and lots of disclaimers... a bit distracting, me thinks... just a thought :)

I am happy to reprise my role when it comes up in another volume - but I am not offended if you want to re-cast :)
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
J_N

Post by J_N »

JoFriday21 wrote:
CaprishaPage wrote:Are you pronouncing your last name "FUR-MUR" or "FUR-MORE"?
Fur-more. And yeah, read as the character for those headings :-)
darn, why didn't I see this earlier? :roll: ok, at least one thing that will get a PL note :mrgreen:

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

I'll put that pronunciation up top ;-)
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

J_N wrote:and here is the meddling E. Melmoth :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/emilymontague1_43_brooke_128kb.mp3 2:01
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/emilymontague1_46_brooke_128kb.mp3 3:04

I was just wondering - have you thought about editing several letters into one file (15-30 Minutes)? The letters aren't long and some (like mine) are particularly short... while listening people would have to listen to lots and lots of disclaimers... a bit distracting, me thinks... just a thought :)

I am happy to reprise my role when it comes up in another volume - but I am not offended if you want to re-cast :)

I thought about it, but I'm not sure how to do it without being too confusing...I suppose if the characters have letters right next to another of their own it would work but I don't know. I feel like it would get messy maybe...
J_N

Post by J_N »

JoFriday21 wrote:I thought about it, but I'm not sure how to do it without being too confusing...I suppose if the characters have letters right next to another of their own it would work but I don't know. I feel like it would get messy maybe...
I don't think it would be confusing - you have different voices for each letter writer and there's a "heading" announcing that this is now a different letter... and to whom it's written... not more or less information than if it were separate files... but it was just a though that popped in my head, it's of course completely up to you :)

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

J_N wrote:
JoFriday21 wrote:I thought about it, but I'm not sure how to do it without being too confusing...I suppose if the characters have letters right next to another of their own it would work but I don't know. I feel like it would get messy maybe...
I don't think it would be confusing - you have different voices for each letter writer and there's a "heading" announcing that this is now a different letter... and to whom it's written... not more or less information than if it were separate files... but it was just a though that popped in my head, it's of course completely up to you :)

Too confusing for ME! :lol: :lol:
J_N

Post by J_N »

JoFriday21 wrote:Too confusing for ME! :lol: :lol:
good enough reason :thumbs: :lol:

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

J_N wrote:
JoFriday21 wrote:Too confusing for ME! :lol: :lol:
good enough reason :thumbs: :lol:

Maybe I'll go in groups of 10 and just have to do a separate narration file for it. I don't know. Talkin' with Rapunzelina about it! :) I didn't want to have to do any editing though because my arthritis doesn't like it.
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

CP - Letter 13 has some noise in the silence at the very end, otherwise it was great! :)
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

JoFriday21 wrote:CP - Letter 13 has some noise in the silence at the very end, otherwise it was great! :)
You know, I thought I forgot to "generate silence' at the end of that one. lol! Trust the gut!
Caprisha