COMPLETE [LETTERS] The History of Emily Montague - Vol 1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

JoFriday21 wrote:Phew! I think I figured it out - I recorded a short chapter just to test it and seem to be A-OK.

Letter 48 will be up in the MW in a minute!
Woohoo! I hate mic issue! :o)
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

I have orphaned the role of Edward.
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

23, 25 and 29 in the MW!
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

And 31, 33, 37, 40, and 41 are up!
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

And all the rest will be up in a minute! Phew!
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

Hi all,

doesn't look like anything's quite ready for editing yet, but in case it is soon, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be out of town and away from internet until Sunday, and will check in when I get back. :)
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime
Kitt

Post by Kitt »

I'd like to volunteer for the role of Edward!

As a Canadian and former reservist of the Royal Regiment of Canada this would be right up my alley. I've even been to the plains of abraham!

Those qualifications aside, I am new to librivox, but I just rented a very nice USB microphone and am working on setting up a decent recording space. Is this too ambitious for my first small project? If so that's alright, but otherwise I'd like to claim Edwards letters :)
Kitt

Post by Kitt »

Oh, I should note I had my 1-min test approved, so I would be good to start recording sections whenever.

Did any of the other readers use british accents? I have a decent british accent, so I could read in it. I guess I'm wondering if I should just stick to my Canadian english or try and use OLD canadian english :wink:
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Kitt wrote:Oh, I should note I had my 1-min test approved, so I would be good to start recording sections whenever.

Did any of the other readers use british accents? I have a decent british accent, so I could read in it. I guess I'm wondering if I should just stick to my Canadian english or try and use OLD canadian english :wink:
Hi! I'd love to welcome you aboard. I think because all the letters are pretty short, it'd be a good first project for ya! You use whichever accent you're most comfortable with! But yes, some of us did use a British one. Entirely up to you! :)

We are doing the intro a little bit different for this project than most so please be sure to check out what we'd like for you to say at the beginning of your first recording to be sure we've got that down correctly. I think maybe do the first one and then we can PL it and let you know if anything needs to be different for the rest of them before continuing. How's that sound?

Very excited to have you aboard!
Kitt

Post by Kitt »

Sounds great!

I've uploaded the first letter at https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/emilymontague1_letter01.mp3
It clocks in at 3:26.

Let me know if the intro and reading are up to snuff :D, I look forward to recording more letters once I know I have the format down.
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Kitt wrote:I've uploaded the first letter at https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/emilymontague1_letter01.mp3
Let me know if the intro and reading are up to snuff :D, I look forward to recording more letters once I know I have the format down.
Edward, Letter 01, PLOK!

Kitt, nice to have to you on the project! I'm reading Emily and PLing the project! Your first read was quite wonderful! :clap: However, there are a couple of things you will want to keep an eye out for as you head along...(I've fixed them on this one and re-uploaded so you can just keep going.) :wink: I am going to PM (private message) you with the details.

You have a great mic voice! Can't wait to hear more! :D Holler at me if you need anything!

CP
Caprisha

Kitt

Post by Kitt »

Thanks Caprisha, I got your PM and applied what I learned to this next letter:
Letter 02
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/emilymontague1_letter02.mp3
4:45

I'm really enjoying this project so far. Describing the beautiful scenery and history of my country as an 18th century British soldier is fun!

Also, according to Wikipedia, this is the first novel written in Canada.
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Kitt wrote:Thanks Caprisha, I got your PM and applied what I learned to this next letter:
Letter 02

I'm really enjoying this project so far. Describing the beautiful scenery and history of my country as an 18th century British soldier is fun!

Also, according to Wikipedia, this is the first novel written in Canada.

So glad you're enjoying it, Kitt! I'm so happy to have you on this project - especially since you have a personal connection to it! :D
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

PS. You're doing such a great job! You're absolutely perfect for this part.
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Kitt wrote:Thanks Caprisha, I got your PM and applied what I learned to this next letter:
Letter 02
Edward Rivers, Letter 02, PL OK!

Kit, this one was SO much better for background noise! :9: Great job! Whatever you did, keep it up! Just to make it easier on you, you don't have to add the intro on this project for each file. For dramatic productions, we add it at the very beginning (like a playbill); however, on other types of productions (like collaborative poetry or prose works) you will need to add the intro to each file unless otherwise notes (so hooray for erring on the side of caution - I always do that, too.) :D Also, don't feel the need to wait for me to PL each letter. Record away to your heart's content! I will PL as get the time (though I totally understand waiting for this one). :wink:

Enjoy! and again, AWESOME job!
Caprisha