[COMPLETE] [DRAM.READ] Pilgrim's Progress - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan (1628 - 1688).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-pilgrims-progress-version-3-by-jesse-lyman-hurlbut/
Probably the most famous allegory ever written of the Christian life, The Pilgrim's Progress follows the journey of Christian from his first encounter with the Evangelist, through his trials and doubts and as he meets various people who help and hinder him in his journey towards the Celestial City to meet his King. Part 2 follows the journey of Christian's wife and sons as they follow him along the same path past the Slough of Despond, the Castle Despair and Vanity Fair.

This version was edited in 1909 by the Rev. Jesse Lyman Hurlbut to update some of the more archaic language and streamline the theological arguments to make them more accessible to lay readers. His aim was "not to re-write the Pilgrim's Progress, for that would destroy its greatest charm, but to change the words here and there to simpler ones... to make it plain and interesting". Dramatized with voices to distinguish the main characters, we hope to make this classic accessible to people of all ages. (Summary by Beth Thomas )
  • MC: annise (Anne)
    BC: peppersnoodles93 (Kimberly)
    Editors: peppersnoodles93 (Kimberly) and Breeze (Bria)
    PLs (parts): Elizabby, Peppersnoodles93, Breeze
    DPL (final chapters): Elizabby (Beth)

(Please note that we are now using the new MW system, where completed files are moved to the bottom, underneath their relevant text files.)
    1. Is there a deadline?
      We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    2. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
      To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    3. New to recording?
      Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (for the DPL!): http://www.gutenberg.org/files/39452/39452-h/39452-h.htm
      EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE READ FROM THE GOOGLE DOCS LINKED IN PURPLE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE MAGIC WINDOW
    5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Parts may be claimed on a gender neutral basis, multiple part claims are fine as long as the characters do not appear in the same chapter.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: Religious Fiction/Christian Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: adventure, religious life

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per act.
    7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      [Role], read by [your name].

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Save files as FLAC
      pilgrimsprogress_$_##_role.flac (all lower-case) where $ is either 1 or 2 for part 1 or part 2 and where ## is the double digit chapter number.

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE PREFER FLAC FILES
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Annise
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
[/list]
Last edited by Elizabby on October 25th, 2014, 6:01 pm, edited 13 times in total.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll set this up -back soon

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

OK Beth it is set up , Kim and Bria should have access
I noticed it is Bria's first time as DPL - a hard place to start :D . It is really important that you make sure the parts are all there - it will be a long project and you do not want to find when you finally edit it that there are missing lines and the reader is no longer about :(

Anne
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

annise wrote:OK Beth it is set up , Kim and Bria should have access
I noticed it is Bria's first time as DPL - a hard place to start :D . It is really important that you make sure the parts are all there - it will be a long project and you do not want to find when you finally edit it that there are missing lines and the reader is no longer about :(

Anne
Kim and I will also help PL the parts. I wouldn't make her do it all by herself! :shock:

We are still looking for a DPL for the final chapters, though I suppose we won't need them for a while! :mrgreen:
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Hi, all! If we're allowed to claim parts before the MW is filled in, may I claim Christiana?
neustar

Post by neustar »

Is it too early to volunteer to do the narration?
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Hi Beth, just posting to confirm my part of Piety, and of course the honor of editing!!! :D
~Kim
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

annise wrote:OK Beth it is set up , Kim and Bria should have access

Anne
Beth may have misunderstood me. I wasn't volunteering to do all of the PLing of parts, just some of it.

Eta:I just saw this:
Elizabby wrote:Kim and I will also help PL the parts. I wouldn't make her do it all by herself!
Last edited by Breeze on February 13th, 2014, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

WoollyBee wrote:Hi, all! If we're allowed to claim parts before the MW is filled in, may I claim Christiana?
Sorry, JoFriday is doing Christiana. Perhaps you would like to do Mercy.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

neustar wrote:Is it too early to volunteer to do the narration?
Never too early! I'd love you to do the narration - I considered asking you specifically but I thought you might be too busy with your Les Mis solo! Welcome aboard!

(Sorry, my work computer doesn't like the MW screen - I'll fix it when I get home, but consider yourself signed up!)
neustar

Post by neustar »

Thanks for thinking of me. I couldn't pass up a project like this. I'm betting that it will take awhile to complete with all the parts to be assigned, so I should be fine. There is also a lot of dialogue in this book which means less narration.

I sound funny now because of a cold. Will start as soon as it clears.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Breeze wrote:
WoollyBee wrote:Hi, all! If we're allowed to claim parts before the MW is filled in, may I claim Christiana?
Sorry, JoFriday is doing Christiana. Perhaps you would like to do Mercy.
Sure, I'll do Mercy! Thanks so much.
Savvy0712

Post by Savvy0712 »

May I please claim Charity and Mrs. Timorous?
Thanks!
This is one of my favorite books! :)
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Hopping in saying I'm here! :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sure, I'll do Mercy! Thanks so much.
Savvy0712 wrote:May I please claim Charity and Mrs. Timorous?
Thanks!
This is one of my favorite books! :)
Both of these claims are now in the MW - I'm glad everyone else likes this book too! :9: