[COMPLETE] [DRAM.READ] Pilgrim's Progress - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Shakira

Post by Shakira »

Elizabby wrote:Great - thanks Shakira! I'm looking forward to hearing this, but I'll need to switch to the other computer to do it, so that's a job for tomorrow I'm afraid. (I have no idea why this one doesn't like FLAC files, but it's my husband's computer so I don't want to fiddle with it too much!)

If you do the other line before Bria downloads the rest of Valiant, it might be neater just to slot it directly into the original file and reupload the whole thing, I think.
Good to know, Beth. Thanks! :)

Sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble with the FLAC files, though. Hope it doesn't make life too inconveient!
Shakira S. - Verbose, vivacious, versatile vocalist.
Pronouns: They/Them/Theirs
LV Reader Page

My health is utterly pants, but I'm getting things done.

https://soundcloud.com/shakira-s/
https://soundcloud.com/shakira-speaks/
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

I can listen to Shakira's song Beth. You won't miss out on hearing it later. :D

ETA:
Done, it's lovely Shakira.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Shakira wrote:Okay, I have a working connection again, so here's the song:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/pilgrimsprogress_2_08_valiantfortruth-song.flac
Length: 1:54
Brilliant! Really gutsy singing - just how I imagined it! I'm so happy I asked you to do it - one of my more inspired moments! :9:

(Bria, I know you already PL'ed it, but I was just so anxious to hear how it turned out, I had to have a quick listen! I'll go back to concentrating on the finished chapters now! ;) )
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

-Bria

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Shakira

Post by Shakira »

Elizabby wrote:Brilliant! Really gutsy singing - just how I imagined it! I'm so happy I asked you to do it - one of my more inspired moments! :9:
*blush* Thank you, Beth! I had a lot of fun channelling my Inner Baritone - or at least my Inner Contralto! ;)

I wasn't sure if the spoken file for 2.8 had been downloaded yet, so I've just reuploaded it as discussed:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/pilgrimsprogress_2_08_valiantfortruth.flac
Length: 13:55

(The missing line is at 3:15 for spot PL.)
Shakira S. - Verbose, vivacious, versatile vocalist.
Pronouns: They/Them/Theirs
LV Reader Page

My health is utterly pants, but I'm getting things done.

https://soundcloud.com/shakira-s/
https://soundcloud.com/shakira-speaks/
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Chapter 2.7
2:39 repeat of "Great. The woman is the wife of one Christian, a pilgrim of former times; and these are his four children. The maid is one of her acquaintance, one that she hath persuaded to come with her on pilgrimage. The boys take all after their father, and wish to tread in his steps; yea, if they do but see any place where the old pilgrim hath lain, or any print of his foot, it bringeth joy to their hearts, and they are eager to lie or tread in the same."
3:10 You missed this chunk of words
Gaius. "Is this Christian's wife, and are these Christian's children? I knew your husband's father; yea, also his father's father. Many have been good of this stock; their ancestors dwelt first at Antioch. Christian's ancestors, the early fathers from whom he came (I suppose you have heard your husband talk of them) were very worthy men. They have, above any that I know, showed themselves men of great virtue and courage, for the Lord of pilgrims, His ways, and them that loved Him. I have heard of many of your husband's relations that have stood all trials for the sake of the truth. Stephen, who was one of the first of the family from whence your husband sprang, was knocked on the head with stones. James, another of this generation, was slain with the edge of the sword. To say nothing of Paul and Peter, men anciently of the family from whence your husband came; there was Ignatius, who was cast to the lions; Romanus, whose flesh was cut by pieces from his bones; and Polycarp, that played the man in the fire; there was he that was hanged up in a basket in the sun for the wasps to eat; and he whom they put into a sack, and cast him into the sea to be drowned. It would be utterly impossible to count up all of that family who have suffered injuries and death for the love of a pilgrim's life. Nor can I but be glad to see that thy husband has left behind him four such boys as these. I hope they will bear out their father's name, and tread in their father's steps, and come to their father's end."
(It looks like when you copied Gaius' speech, it didn't copy and just pasted the same thing twice)
@5:42 "The pilgrim's progress" Some how it started over again.... So that being the case, I have the same jumble up as above just in a different spot. at 8:23 is where the other jumble up is.

And then later you have another jumble up with the Narration......

So in short, can you figure out what happened and when it's unscrambled I'll take another listen. When I found out that got jumbled out later, I decided to stop listening until you can unscramble.

I'm sorry, that's a huge bummer!

Oh, I do want to let you know how GOOD you are doing at editing! I thought the pace and tempo was PERFECT! Which is a hard thing to master cus I've had people tell me to speed it up and others to slow it down (as far as seconds in between the people/narration). Way to go!
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

Shakira wrote:
Elizabby wrote:Brilliant! Really gutsy singing - just how I imagined it! I'm so happy I asked you to do it - one of my more inspired moments! :9:
*blush* Thank you, Beth! I had a lot of fun channelling my Inner Baritone - or at least my Inner Contralto! ;)

I wasn't sure if the spoken file for 2.8 had been downloaded yet, so I've just reuploaded it as discussed:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/pilgrimsprogress_2_08_valiantfortruth.flac
Length: 13:55

(The missing line is at 3:15 for spot PL.)
Thanks so much Shakira, I'm marking this PL OK, (I didn't check, but I'm sure you did perfectly!)
Thanks for persevering on getting these lines done. Pilgrim's wouldn't be the same without your voice!!!!!! :thumbs:
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

Breeze wrote:
Elizabby wrote:PL notes for Chapter 2.2
@ 14:15 there is a line missing which belongs to the Lord of the Way "Peace be to thee. Stand up."
(Bria, you'll need to check if that line was originally recorded for the Lord of the Way, as I've got a feeling that the line might be right at the end of the file.)
I can't find this line in the file.
Spot checked PL OK. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Getting closer to the end!!!
~Kim
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote: Oh, I do want to let you know how GOOD you are doing at editing! I thought the pace and tempo was PERFECT! Which is a hard thing to master cus I've had people tell me to speed it up and others to slow it down (as far as seconds in between the people/narration). Way to go!
Thank you, I know my pace was faster when I began. It's nice to know that you think it's perfect. I expect that some people might find me to fast or to slow though, as they do with you. It's almost impossible to please everybody completely.
-Bria

Breeze

Post by Breeze »

-Bria

WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Peppersnoodles93

Oh Yay! Thanks Sarah!!!!
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Bria: PL notes for final Chapter 2.5:

@01:09 there is an odd section overlying Great Heart's line from 01:09 to 01:15, then his speech resumes.
@02:06 there is a paragraph missing from Great Heart "I am at my Lord's commandment. If he shall allot me to be your guide quite through, I will willingly wait upon you. But here you failed at first; for when he bid me come thus far with you, then you should have begged me of him to have gone quite through with you, and he would have granted your request. However, at present I must withdraw; and so, good Christiana, Mercy, and my brave children, adieu."

EDIT: I've just checked and all the lines are there in the original recording by Ben, so we don't need to ask him to re-record anything.

@27:36 there are two little paragraphs of "birdsong" which I think would sound better from a different voice apart from the narrator. I'll have a quick crack at recording them and upload them for you, if you wouldn't mind adding them in when you make the other corrections? (I won't do a voice credit for them, just stick them in please.)

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/pilgrimsprogress_2_05_voices.flac

Lovely editing job! All the rest of this rather long chapter is PL OK! :thumbs:
Last edited by Elizabby on October 11th, 2014, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Breeze wrote:Here's Chapter 8:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/pilgrimsprogress_2_08_bunyan_128kb.mp3
Running time is 40:14
Bria: Final Chapter 2.8:

This is my fault, but at 20:14 there is a song which needs to be sung by MERCY not by the Shepherds. I obviously marked it incorrectly when I first did up the text. :oops:

Can Sarah please recite this poem for insertion?

"Behold, how fitly are the stages set,
For their relief that pilgrims are become,
And how they us receive without one let
That make the other life our mark and home!
"What novelties they have, to us they give,
That we, though pilgrims, joyful lives may live;
They do upon us, too, such things bestow,
That show we pilgrims are, where'er we go."

I'll PM her with it. Sorry about that! I'll PL the rest of the chapter tonight.

EDIT: at 25:19 there is a line missing from Valiant (Shakira) "So I did..." the rest of the speech is correct. Shakira reuploaded the corrected version of the file, but it must have been after you downloaded it. The missing bit is at 3:15 in her file, I just checked.

(Sarah has now uploaded the song, so both of these changes are ready to go.)
Last edited by Elizabby on October 11th, 2014, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

OK, here's the "voices of birds" or something for the end of Chapter 2.5

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/pilgrimsprogress_2_05_voices.flac