[COMPLETE]Life of Chopin by Franz Liszt-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
balaonspace

Post by balaonspace » August 3rd, 2014, 11:10 am

DJRickyV wrote:
I would be happy to help complete this one by doing section 7. However, I am concerned about a very long footnote in the section containing what appear to be some challenging pronunciations. Wanted to confirm if we are including the footnotes and, if so, would welcome any guidance for said footnote...
Hi, I read that footnote you mentioned. It is a slightly challenging exercise. We do include all footnotes. I will try to give some pointers, if they are not sufficient you can ask in the "need help" forum.

In this part of the footnote, the information in the parenthesis is to guide the reader for right pronunciation. I removed them wherever it is redundant.
".....Many words occur in Polish which imitate the sound of the thing designated by them. The frequent repetition of C-H, (h aspirated,) of S-Z, of R-Z, of C-Z, so frightful to a profane eye, have however nothing barbaric in their sounds, being pronounced nearly like GEAI, and TCHE, and greatly facilitate imitations of the sense by the sound. The word DZWIEK, meaning sound, offers a characteristic example of this; …......... which sometimes become slightly nasal, the A and E being sounded as ON and IN, when they are accompanied by a cedilla. In juxtaposition with the TSE which is pronounced with great softness, sometimes TSIE the accented S is almost warbled. The Z has three sounds: the JAIS the ZED and the ZIED....."

I would suggest you pronounce the alphabets C-H, S-Z..., instead of getting the right sound.
Here are some tips for the remaining words.

DZWIEK – dzwi-ache
TSE -- tsss
TSIE -- tc
ZINZILYLER -- no idea use your best judgement
Zukowski – Zu-kow-ski
Pouchkin – Pou-ch-kin
ARIOSO – Ah-ri-o-so
LE CHALE NOIR – le chal nwahr

I am signing you up for this section. If you have any difficulties let me know as early as possible.

cheers
Λ
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens

DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV » August 3rd, 2014, 6:35 pm

Thanks. Should have it in a couple of weeks...
“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon

balaonspace

Post by balaonspace » August 4th, 2014, 1:18 pm

cool, let me know if you have any questions

cheers
Λ
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens

Lorry

Post by Lorry » August 6th, 2014, 2:37 pm

Hi There,

I just came back to finish section 7 tonight and see that someone else is doing it. Sorry, I didn't notice getting a message. Glad to do it if you want, but I understand if it's too late. Let me know.

Thanks,
Lori

balaonspace

Post by balaonspace » August 8th, 2014, 12:49 pm

I sent a PM to both Lorry and DJRickyV. I am not sure what is the right etiquette to resolve this situation. I will be glad if I have a submission in the end.

cheers
Λ

Lorry

Post by Lorry » August 8th, 2014, 1:07 pm

I think it should be DJRicky's call.

DJRicky, thanks for stepping up in my absence. If you prefer that I finish it, I will, but if you're looking forward to it, you should have the opportunity. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Lori

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » August 8th, 2014, 2:22 pm

Hi Lori,

Do you have the section recorded and ready to go right now?
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Lorry

Post by Lorry » August 8th, 2014, 2:39 pm

Hi Ann,

No, but I can finish it tonight.

Lori

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » August 8th, 2014, 2:48 pm

OK, let's see what Ricky says.
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

balaonspace

Post by balaonspace » August 10th, 2014, 11:30 am

Hi, I got a PM from Ricky and he said that he wouldn't mind if Lorry finishes the section.

So I will reassign the section to Lorry and I will be glad if you finish it as early as you can.

cheers
Λ

Lorry

Post by Lorry » August 10th, 2014, 11:33 am

Hi Ann,

Ok, will do today.

Take care,
Lori

Lorry

Post by Lorry » August 10th, 2014, 5:31 pm

Hi Ann,

Here is section 7.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofchopin_07_liszt_128kb.mp3
Duration: 33:51

Best wishes,
Lori

balaonspace

Post by balaonspace » August 11th, 2014, 11:41 am

Hi Lorry, there is a minor correction needed
@01:25 delete repetition "He despaired of obtaining the safety of Rome from these modern Attilas, he feared the destruction of art, its monuments, its refinements, its civilization; in a word, he dreaded the loss of the elegant, cultivated if somewhat indolent ease described by Horace."
other wise PL OK

cheers
Λ

Lorry

Post by Lorry » August 11th, 2014, 12:11 pm

Hi Ann,

Here's the correction:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofchopin_07_liszt_128kb.mp3
Duration: 33.51

Best wishes,
Lori

balaonspace

Post by balaonspace » August 12th, 2014, 12:29 pm

Section 07 is PL OK :thumbs:

We are ready for cataloguing.

cheers
Λ