COMPLETE-Around the Wicket Gate - Spurgeon - maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Around the Wicket Gate by Charles H. Spurgeon (1834 - 1892).
Millions of men are in the outlying regions, far off from God and peace; for these we pray, and to these we give warning. But just now we have to do with a smaller company, who are not far from the kingdom, but have come right up to the wicket gate which stands at the head of the way of life. One would think that they would hasten to enter, for a free and open invitation is placed over the entrance, the porter waits to welcome them, and there is but this one way to eternal life. He that is most loaded seems the most likely to pass in and begin the heavenward journey; but what ails the other men? </br> </br> He who does not take this step of faith, and so enter upon the road to heaven, will perish. It will be an awful ting to die just outside the gate of life. Almost saved, but altogether lost! A man just outside Noah's ark would be drowned; a manslayer just outside the wall of the city of refuge would be slain; and the man who is within a yard of Christ, and yet has not trusted hi, will be lost. Therefore am I in terrible earnest to get my hesitating friends over the threshold. <i>Come in! Come in!</i> is my pressing entreaty. May the Holy Spirit render it effectual with many who shall glance at these pages! May he cause his own almighty voice to be heard creating faith at once! <br/><br/>To God this book is commended; for without his grace nothing will come of all that is written. (From the Preface.) ( )
This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/around-the-wicket-gate-by-charles-h-spurgeon/
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://books.google.com/books?id=pL3UAAAAMAAJ
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    • Project Code: 2oXJ7mlF
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Charles H. Spurgeon) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Spurgeon
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 12
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
    • Original publication date (if known): 1890
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Other
    Keywords that describe the book: Christianity, faith, Jesus, salvation, christian, Jésus Christ, belief, pilgrim's progress, pilgrims progress, wicket gate, saved, believe, seeker

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Around the Wicket Gate. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Around the Wicket Gate, by Charles H. Spurgeon. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Around the Wicket Gate by Charles H. Spurgeon. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Around the Wicket Gate, by Charles H. Spurgeon. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename aroundthewicketgate_##_spurgeon_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. aroundthewicketgate_01_spurgeon_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I would like to have this book completed by December 31st. A DPL who can meet this schedule is appreciated.

MaryAnn
Nlolat

Post by Nlolat »

Hi Maryann,

I'd like to PL sections 2-6 please.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Nlolat. Please let me know when you have listened and post any comments in the thread.

Would you like to listen to the preface and chapter 1 as well?

MaryAnn
Nlolat

Post by Nlolat »

Hi Maryann,

I listened to all the remaining chapters from the preface to chapter 6: the reading is outstanding! There were no unnecessary pauses nor any repeated words, the recording was clear, perfect volume and all chapters had the required intro as well as the mandatory five second at the end. The only discrepancy I found was in the preface:

00:59 "heavenward" was replaced with "heavenly"

I am not sure if this was deliberate or the version you were reading from. I am just surprised because it changes the meaning drastically- one describes the type of journey while the other denotes a destination.

I hope this is helpful :D
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Nlolat,

Thank you so much! I will go back and change the word in the preface next week.

I have the other chapters recorded and hope to get them edited up during some downtime as I visit family this week.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Corrected section 00 has been posted.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sections 7 to 11 are ready for PL.
MaryAnn
Nlolat

Post by Nlolat »

All sections have been PL'd. Outstanding recording, great job! :clap:
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Nlolat! Your first of many catalog credits!

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/around-the-wicket-gate-by-charles-h-spurgeon/