Post by Arnieh »

glennobrien wrote:Here is section 8.

Length: 3:23

File: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/panamericanpoems_08_various_128kb.mp3
Hmm, ye gods! that was fast.

Umm,

Some feedback:

1. Lotta background noise (53.4 dB)
2. Volume could use a little boost (coming in at 86.9 dB)
3. @00:38, the Italian "sol" is rendered as "si"
3. Several stumbles and repeats/corrections and awkward pauses.
4. Difficult to follow because of what appears to be a lisp of some sort (no offense intended)

Will wait on second opinion.

Thanks.
Linnette

Post by Linnette »

Hi! First project after doing my test. Excited!

I'd like to claim part 24 - Sonatina, by Rubén Darío. I'd like to be credited as Shari Whitman.

Thank you!
Arnieh

Post by Arnieh »

I want to clarify my previous statement regarding section 08 for the reader Glenn and MC/BC Leni:

This was obviously a first or second recording and the reader may not have done a test recording yet. I did however want to give some feedback, since I happened to be logged in at the time.

I want to state further (and this is only my opinion and not that of LibriVox) in the case that the reader suffers from a speech impediment or other disability (i.e. hearing impairment, etc), this should not necessarily prevent such a person from contributing to LibriVox whether it be proof listening, editing, recording or anything else. If a person has a sincere desire to contribute and puts forth the effort, to me its where that persons heart is that matters most. Sometimes it just takes getting used to the way someone speaks. If such a reader were to do a solo for instance, all mistakes and technical errors having been corrected, its very likely many listeners would get used to the speaker. :thumbs:
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

@Glenn, thanks for the fast claim and submission.

@Arnieh, thanks for the PLing. I will message the reader to make sure he read your notes and clarification.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Linnette wrote:Hi! First project after doing my test. Excited!

I'd like to claim part 24 - Sonatina, by Rubén Darío. I'd like to be credited as Shari Whitman.

Thank you!
Hi, Linnette! Thanks for claiming! I saw you did your test already, so you can just go ahead and record. ;)
Leni
=================
Linnette

Post by Linnette »

Thanks!
I've uploaded section 24. File length is 03:48. Please let me know if anything needs to be changed!
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/panamericanpoems_24_various_128kb.mp3
glennobrien

Post by glennobrien »

Here is an updated version of section 8: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/panamericanpoems_08_various_128kb.mp3

Length is 3:26, volume 88.8dB.
Arnieh wrote:I want to state further in the case that the reader suffers from a speech impediment or other disability, this should not necessarily prevent such a person from contributing to LibriVox whether it be proof listening, editing, recording or anything else.
I have a form of intellectual disability known as autism. Autistics usually have some form of speech impairment.
Arnieh wrote:If a person has a sincere desire to contribute and puts forth the effort, to me its where that persons heart is that matters most. Sometimes it just takes getting used to the way someone speaks. If such a reader were to do a solo for instance, all mistakes and technical errors having been corrected, its very likely many listeners would get used to the speaker.
Autism is one of the reasons why I record shorter works and group recordings first before recording longer works and solos.
Arnieh

Post by Arnieh »

Glenn, thanks for the revision. The noise is gone and the mistakes have been corrected. Checker is giving me a green light. You have a very nice voice and I wish to hear more. Don't let your disability stop you from doing longer recordings. Like I said, it only takes a short while, and a listener will likely get used to pretty much any voice. And if their is passion/feeling/expression in the voice, that's a bonus, and they are even more likely to continue to listen. Great Italian pronunciation (based on what little I know) BTW.

Section 08: PL OK :thumbs:

Linnette, you have a voice like that of a siren, completely bewitching. Green light. Everything was good.

Section 24: PL OK :thumbs:

Thanks for letting me listen.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks for the PLing and updating the window, Arnieh!
Leni
=================
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I'd like to take the last 4 sections:

21, 22, 23 and 29

Thanks!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks for claiming, sections assigned. :)
Leni
=================
smlrsmn

Post by smlrsmn »

Sam
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thank you! :D
Leni
=================
Arnieh

Post by Arnieh »

Hmm, for some reason I'm not seeing anything at all in the MW, for any project.
ewmetzler

Post by ewmetzler »

Arnieh wrote:Hmm, for some reason I'm not seeing anything at all in the MW, for any project.
according to the uploader errors thread, parts of librivox.org became unavailable just this evening - admin team have been notified.
Eric W. Metzler
Albuquerque, USA