[COMPLETE] The Story of Rolf & Viking's Bow by Allen French

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Congrats! Those last three are PL OK! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have really enjoyed pling for you, I think you did a fantastic job on this book :thumbs:
~Tiffany
ErinS

Post by ErinS »

Thanks, Tiffany! This has been a fun experience, even at my snail's pace.

Bev -- I wrote a slightly longer book summary. Can you update it?
Rolf, a youth in early Christian Iceland, loses first his father, then his property, and finally his freedom to the schemes of a greedy neighbor. Outlawed from Iceland, Rolf travels abroad, meeting with shipwreck, enslavement, Viking berserkers, and many other dangers and adventures. All the while, Rolf searches for a way to prove his father was killed unjustly and win back his own property and freedom. Even more difficult, Rolf must end the cycle of enmity, vengeance, and pride that hangs like a curse over his family.
"No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally (and often far more) worth reading at the age of fifty."

C.S. Lewis, On Stories
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Well done! I'm on my tablet atm so will catalogue later today on my regular computer. I will update the summary then too.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

This book is now in the LibriVox catalogue and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalogue page and let me know if any changes are needed:

http://librivox.org/the-story-of-rolf-and-the-vikings-bow-by-allen-french/
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
ErinS

Post by ErinS »

Thanks, Bev!

I noticed that the juvenile fiction/historical tag is missing. Otherwise, everything looks right.

A question: What are the requirements for an album cover image? (E.g., file size, type.) I see that the Gutenberg text is illustrated, so all those images should be in the public domain and free to use.
"No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally (and often far more) worth reading at the age of fifty."

C.S. Lewis, On Stories
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Unfortunately our catalogue just shows the last 'step' in a Catagory/Genre so Children's Fiction > Historical just shows up as the third genre on your catalgue page as 'Historical'. If you do an Advanced Search in our catalogue for Category/Genre->Children's Fiction > Historical it does appear in the list.

The Cover thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785
The first post gives all the details and requirements. You could post in the Covermakers Chat Thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=64062
to let them know. Artists aren't required to use the reader's suggestions, they might have ideas of their own, but they usually are quite accomodating and happy to get suggestions.
Bev

ErinS

Post by ErinS »

Thanks for explaining about the genre categories. I've used the advanced search tool often myself, so as long as that works, the rest doesn't matter.

And I had no idea there was a separate place for cover makers to volunteer. I thought it might be a responsibility of mine I had overlooked. I see someone has already signed up to make my cover, and I don't have any strong preferences about how it looks.

C.S. Lewis, On Stories
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

One more note about covers. A book shows up on the claim list when cataloguing is complete. If a soloist or book coordinator wants to make their own cover they are allowed to pre-claim their cover. Only an admin can do that for you so if you fancy making your own cover for your next project let your MC know or post your request in the cover thread before it is completed.

Another thing I forgot to mention. I would be happy to MC for you again. If you want me to you can put -darv at the end of your subject line when you launch it. That indicates who your MC is. I'll see it and pick it up. :)
Bev