[Complete] The Return of Sherlock Holmes - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

francesb wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_overton_11.mp3

I actually ended up just re-recording it because the background noise was pretty bad (I tried recording it on a different computer with a less good microphone so....) :D
Awww, thanks for taking so much trouble with this! Since it's a new file I'll PL the whole lot again.

This is now PL OK! :thumbs:

"Why, Mr. Holmes, I thought you knew things," - LOL! Beautifully delivered! :9:

(Note for Kim, there is a rather long pause at 00:33 of about 2 seconds in the middle of a speech - would you mind closing that up in editing please?)
francesb

Post by francesb »

Elizabby wrote:
francesb wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_overton_11.mp3

I actually ended up just re-recording it because the background noise was pretty bad (I tried recording it on a different computer with a less good microphone so....) :D
Awww, thanks for taking so much trouble with this! Since it's a new file I'll PL the whole lot again.

This is now PL OK! :thumbs:

"Why, Mr. Holmes, I thought you knew things," - LOL! Beautifully delivered! :9:

(Note for Kim, there is a rather long pause at 00:33 of about 2 seconds in the middle of a speech - would you mind closing that up in editing please?)
Oh it's no problem! Glad you liked it - he was such a fun character to record. Funny though, I had to do it a few times cause I kept slipping into a Cockney accent instead of sticking to British :P Well, let me know when you do another Sherlock book! :D :D
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Hey Beth, didn't see your note about the seconds.... but I think I deleted it, when I was editing this. Let me know if there's any awkward pauses. :D

Cori, you've done fabulously! Thanks for recording all of these wonderful files!

I really love the way these turned out.
Here's chapter 11!
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/returnofsherlockholmes_11_doyle_128kb.mp3
44:12
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

13 is edited, waiting for Lestrade's lines.

When we get closer to the end of my time to be able to work on this and they aren't turned in, I'll send them to you in a FLAC file and you can easily add his lines in.

In the next few days, I'll finish the cast list in chapter 1 and then put it up for a file PL. :D :mrgreen:
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Kim, I've been in contact with Savannah and she says she'll get Lestrades lines in before April 10

So go ahead and finish up the voice credits - I don't think we will have to add anyone!
Peppersnoodles93

Beth,
Here's Chapter 1 with the completed "Read by's" in there. I did them in order with the MW. Also, on 2 of them they only had "by...." So I threw them in like that, but we'd need to contact them if we wanted to change that so they ALL said "read by." My thought was that it wasn't that important. This needs the final PL and it's done! :D

Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_01_doyle_128kb.mp3
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

Ok, Beth, Chapter 8 and Chapter 13 are in FLAC and in the MW whenever Lestrade's lines come in. I've left labels in the file, but just in case the labels do not transfer over, I've placed space at least a the beginning of the dialog so you can easily find the lines. Whew! 13 is going to be long 50 some minutes without Lestrades!

Thanks so much! It's been fun!

Edit: Chapter 13 wasn't behaving for me in the Flac format, so I've had to upload it MP3 :(
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Kim that's fabulous! Hopefully in a few weeks you'll be able to see the final version in the catalogue! :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The last two chapters for Lestrade (Chapters 8 and 13) have been orphaned.
AlexBogues

Post by AlexBogues »

Well I am a brand new member, but actually am very interested in this topic. I have listened to all of Sherlock Holmes up to this book on Librivox and would like to help complete this dramatic reading (so then I can listen to it myself).

So, if it is alright, I could claim the chapters 8 and 13 for Lestrade! I could have it done quickly, most likely within a week, and would be able to supply a sample of my reading if you would so like. Though if you prefer a more experienced volunteer I will not be offended in the least!
Last edited by AlexBogues on April 16th, 2014, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

AlexBogues wrote:Well I am a brand new member, but actually am very interested in this topic. I have listened to all of Sherlock Holmes up to this book on Librivox and would like to help complete this dramatic reading (so then I can listen to it myself).

So, if it is alright, I could claim the chapters 8 and 13 for Lestrade! Though if you prefer a more experienced volunteer I will not be offended in the least!
I have no objection to a new member - we were all new once! The only thing is that I'm under a bit of time pressure to get this finished - as you can see this is the very last part to be recorded. I really can't wait the usual 2 months for this part to be completed.

Are you set up to start recording immediately? I see that you have not done a 1-minute test, which you absolutely need to do before submitting any part recordings. (It's a tech-y thing to make sure we can use your recordings once you've made them.)

Instructions for getting set up are here:
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

We urge you to make a "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

If you reckon you can do this in, say, two weeks? Then I'm happy to have you on board. If you think it will take longer than that to get a computer/microphone/whatever set up and record, then maybe go for a project which is "OPEN" but not so close to completion. Actually, there are three dramatic works currently open linked in my signature file!
AlexBogues

Post by AlexBogues »

I will do a 1-Minute test tomorrow after class (Around 2pm EST), I am already set up for recording. I spent some time making some various YouTube videos as a hobby and bought my self a good mic for that.

As to your time table, I feel confident I can make it a priority to get it done within 2 weeks! Thanks for giving me the opportunity, and I will be sure to submit my 1-minute test ASAP. This is probably the biggest coincidence ever, since I have finished listening up to this book just this morning. Now I can help make the next book, awesome! Thanks again!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

AlexBogues wrote:I will do a 1-Minute test tomorrow after class (Around 2pm EST), I am already set up for recording. I spent some time making some various YouTube videos as a hobby and bought my self a good mic for that.

As to your time table, I feel confident I can make it a priority to get it done within 2 weeks! Thanks for giving me the opportunity, and I will be sure to submit my 1-minute test ASAP. This is probably the biggest coincidence ever, since I have finished listening up to this book just this morning. Now I can help make the next book, awesome! Thanks again!
Brilliant! Consider yourself signed up!

Sounds like you are more prepared than I was when I started here! If you need any help just post here or PM me. I'm in Australia so I may not be online at the same time as you, but I'll always answer eventually!

Also, don't forget to give us your voice credit in the first file. (Lestrade read by Yourname)

Your catalogue name can be anything you like, but once it is set you can't change it. I use my real name, other people use their forum name or something else. I can also link to your website if you want that on your profile when I create it.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Final Chapter 11 is now PL OK! :9:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The next collection of Sherlock Holmes stories is now in the Launch Pad (and the link is in my signature) if anyone is interested!