[Complete] The Return of Sherlock Holmes - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote:Ok, 6 is done and ready for PL :D
44:49
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_06_doyle_128kb.mp3
At 25:55 there is a very long pause in the middle of a speech. Can we edit that out please?
And again at 27:08 another long gap.

The rest is PL OK! :thumbs: Nice Dundee accent by Jason!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Everything's recorded now -- I'm just chugging patiently through all the editing, sorry for the slowness there. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_watson_08.flac (18.20)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Cori wrote:Everything's recorded now -- I'm just chugging patiently through all the editing, sorry for the slowness there. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_watson_08.flac (18.20)
Brilliant! Your reading and editing is always so accurate it's worth the wait!

I'll get on to the remaining roles/readers and remind them to finish up and hopefully we can get on and finish this project!

And then I can start wondering aloud who might like to be involved in the next Sherlock Holmes book...?
Cori

Post by Cori »

Elizabby wrote:Brilliant! Your reading and editing is always so accurate it's worth the wait!
:oops: This is because you didn't get to hear the *entire line* I inexplicably forgot to record, which was in the middle of a paragraph (so no excuse) ... or confusion of 'frantic/fanatic' (I did an Oscar-worthy edit to pull in a 'frantic' from the Norwood Builder chapter. I loathe rerecording and I didn't know about the missing line at that point!)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Chapter 8 is editing, waiting for Lestrade's lines.

One thing to note:

SANDEFORD: “Well, it is very handsome of you, Mr. Holmes. I brought the bust up with me, as you asked me to do. Here it is!”
Part in bold is missing from Frances' line..... Since it's not a huge thing, you may just want to leave it, though I thought I'd mention it.

Frances, loved your accent in this!!!! Well done!
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

Cori wrote:
Elizabby wrote:Brilliant! Your reading and editing is always so accurate it's worth the wait!
:oops: This is because you didn't get to hear the *entire line* I inexplicably forgot to record, which was in the middle of a paragraph (so no excuse) ... or confusion of 'frantic/fanatic' (I did an Oscar-worthy edit to pull in a 'frantic' from the Norwood Builder chapter. I loathe rerecording and I didn't know about the missing line at that point!)
Wow Cori, your dedication!!! Goodness that would have been like a 10 hour search for that word.... Yikes!!!! I admire you!
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

Silences Removed:
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_06_doyle_128kb.mp3
44:45

btw, second spot that was at 27:08, is now at somewhere around 27:02.... just in case you spot check.

:D
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 9 PL notes:

At 9:07 "certainly not, no-one knew" (there is an extra word "him" which needs to be cut.)

Rest of Chapter 9 is PL fantastic! ;)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote: One thing to note:

SANDEFORD: “Well, it is very handsome of you, Mr. Holmes. I brought the bust up with me, as you asked me to do. Here it is!” Part in bold is missing from Frances' line..... Since it's not a huge thing, you may just want to leave it, though I thought I'd mention it.
Thanks for noticing, but I think I'll let that go - it doesn't change the meaning or make the sentence difficult to understand.

Chapter 6 is now spot checked and totally PL OK! (I actually couldn't find the gaps again - I only knew where they were because I had listened to it so many times before! Very smooth! :thumbs: )
Peppersnoodles93

~Kim
TomCrawford

Post by TomCrawford »

I snuck (sneaked) a look at chapters 4 and 5 (I know I'm not supposed to, but I did it late at night California time which did not break the server).

I could not help but notice that the reader credits were missing. Is this the intent or was there an oversight?
Re-inventing the wheel is not a waste of time if, when you get done, you understand why it is round.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

TomCrawford wrote: I could not help but notice that the reader credits were missing. Is this the intent or was there an oversight?
The voice credits will all go in Chapter 1. I thought the files are just too big already to have the voice credits in every chapter. Chapter 5 is already over an hour (which is something we usually try to avoid.)
Last edited by Elizabby on March 9th, 2014, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote:36:09 - https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_09_doyle_128kb.mp3
Here's chapter 9 edited. :D
Perfect! :9:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote:And here's the fully edited chapter 5 (Savannah, you won't get a change to listen to Watson 2x.... :D) https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_05_doyle_128kb.mp3 - 1:06:04
Ready for PL :thumbs:
Fantastic! :9: Chapter 5 is PL OK! :thumbs:
Cori

Post by Cori »