COMPLETE [GROUP] Elsie's Children by Martha Finley - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you for your update Alayna May, we hope to see you back when things improve.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
LydiaCW

Post by LydiaCW »

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to drop two of the three chapters I took. I already read the first section I took, but I'll have to back out of the other two. :(
Lydia

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomine tuo da glorium!
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thanks for the update Lydia.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
ChloeP

Post by ChloeP »

May I have sections 14 and 15?
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Hi ChloeP, we recommend that you post a short test recording in the Listeners & Editors Wanted section of the forums. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc.
It would be a shame to have recorded a section, only to find some major tech thing was wrong. :wink:
David Lawrence

ChloeP

Post by ChloeP »

Absolutely. I'll do that right away. It may be tomorrow though before I can upload it.

- Chloe
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Just a note, AlaynaMay is back on this project, and as our DPL hasn't been around in a while she has offered to PL for us until he gets back. :)
~Gabrielle
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

:clap: Good news, that should clear up some of the PL backlog. Thanks AlaynaMay (and Gabrielle).
David Lawrence

AlaynaMay

Post by AlaynaMay »

Well, I'm enjoying proofing these sections! I've finished listening to section 4. Great reading, Lydia, but there are a couple of things that need to be fixed.
At the very beginning of the recording, before the intro, you have a rustling noise. Just trim off everything before the intro. You want no more than .5 to 1 second of silence there. Also, in the middle of the recording there is a clicking noise. I don't remember exactly how long it lasted, but it started right around 5:00 or so. It isn't very bad, but if you can get rid of it that would be great. And you need 5 seconds of silence at the end. Other than that, it sounds great! :thumbs:
Working on section 7...
AlaynaMay

Post by AlaynaMay »

Chapters 7,13 and 27 are all PL okay. :clap:
AlaynaMay

Post by AlaynaMay »

I can read chapter 5, if that's alright. Going to start recording now...
AlaynaMay

Post by AlaynaMay »

I have chapter 5 recorded, but it might be a little while before I am able to get it edited. I'll upload it as soon as possible.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

May I read Chapter Sixteenth?
Thanks,
Sweet Pea :)
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Hello ChloeP and SweetPea,
Sorry for the delay in getting with each of you. I've noticed that neither of you have been over in the "Listeners and Editors" forum to post the 1-minute test to get your technical set-up approved. I can hold the sections ya'll have requested for each of you, and once your test has been cleared you are welcome to start recording. :)

Alayna - certainly. Chapter 5 is yours. :)
Last edited by GabrielleC on May 28th, 2014, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Gabrielle
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

David - is it possible to give AlaynaMay access to the MW so she can enter the PL notes there as well as in the project thread?
Thank you. :)
~Gabrielle