COMPLETE[Multi] Multilingual Short Works Collection 011-hok

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Hokuspokus
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Hokuspokus » January 17th, 2014, 5:08 am

Teemu wrote:It really seems that there are no finnish folks here and thereby no-one to PL my reading, so it really is fine by me, if it would be easier to just leave my reading out of this collection. I'll save the link to the file and let it wait for its time. :wink:
If you prefer you could submit it to the next collection here or I can do that for you. That gives a little more time for PL. I would love to have your recording in the collection and I can PL it. Meanwhile you can listen to your recording again and see it you find something. We two together can do as good as any other PLer.

In the end only more Finish recordings bring us more Finish readers and PLers. What do you say?

Teemu

Post by Teemu » January 17th, 2014, 6:57 am

Allright, let's do it then. :wink:
I PL'd the recording once again and this time (and apparently for the first time...) properly and I found a few things to correct.

10.40 Parseljiin -> Marseljiin
16.02 Yksinsäkin -> Yksinänsäkin
17.45 Senpätähden -> Sentähdenpä
18.50 Sitten -> Ennen

And I think I'll re-record the disclaimer also - I don't how it turned out to sound so different compared to the rest of the recording.

Hokuspokus
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Hokuspokus » January 17th, 2014, 10:17 am

Great to have you in, Teemu.

The change of sound with the disclaimer wasn't bad. I thought you did it on purpose. I will do final PL or rather sound check when you've uploaded the edited recording.

cutty

Post by cutty » January 17th, 2014, 10:32 am

Hello,

I pl'd Herodias part III.

It is OK.

see you in another project.
Cutty

Teemu

Post by Teemu » January 17th, 2014, 10:59 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/hokuspokus/msw_011_kaffepuu_euren_ta_128kb.mp3

Here is the corrected file. I didn't quite manage to perfectly fit the corrected parts in so they kind of stand out as "corrected" but I guess they are not too bad. Btw is there any tool in Audacity that might help in occasions such as this? Something that would equalize the later added recording with the rest of the recording?

Hokuspokus
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Hokuspokus » January 17th, 2014, 11:47 pm

Thank you for PL, Cutty.

Thank you for the quick fix, Teemu.
No there is no such tool. When I have to replace something, I listen to the recording and rerecord the sentence before, the sentence with the mistake and the next sentence. Then I pick an area that fits in the old recording, sometimes it's only the word, sometimes part of a sentence, sometimes more. It's a bit tricky, lots of trial and error.
And I always keep an unpolished version, no noisecleaning or amplifying, for those fixes. This way I have the same "polish" all over the file.

Babylon5

Post by Babylon5 » January 18th, 2014, 5:30 am

Good news ! So, we'll be in the catalogue soon ! :D

Hokuspokus
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Hokuspokus » January 18th, 2014, 5:59 am

Section 21 Finnish - Kaffe ja Tupakki PL OK :D

I thing we will be in the catalog tomorrow or the day after.

Hokuspokus
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Hokuspokus » January 19th, 2014, 2:45 am

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/multilingual-short-works-collection-011-by-various/

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you all for your contributions, recording or PLing.