COMPLETE[Multi] Multilingual Short Works Collection 011-hok

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
IsabelleB

Post by IsabelleB »

Hi, I'm preparing to PL Françoise's latest upload (Julien L'Hospitalier 2). I'll also be spot-PLing section 3 (conte de Memnon). :)
Isabelle
Babylon5

Post by Babylon5 »

Thank you !
IsabelleB

Post by IsabelleB »

Just finished PLing Françoise's recording.
There's hardly anything to change (notes are in French):

Fin de l'intro : manque « Pour vous renseigner à notre sujet ou pour participer, rendez-vous sur LibriVox POINT org." » (selon les directives de ce projet)

5:20 « avec des politesses » au lieu de « après » (erreur tout à fait négligeable mais comme tu prends la peine d'écouter très attentivement ma Clèves, je te rends la pareille.)

6:00 la langue fourche « cololettes » au lieu de « colonnettes »

16:56 reprise sur « le serpent ondulait dans les arbres/herbes »

22:11 : changement dans le bruit de fond de l'enregistrement (comme si tu t'étais arrêtée et avait recommencé). Un bruit de fond est faiblement perceptible jusqu'à la fin (très net au dernier silence). Il devrait être facile de le nettoyer.
Isabelle
Babylon5

Post by Babylon5 »

Merci Isabelle, je verrai ça. Pour le bruit, eh ! Bien, je ne sais pas faire...
IsabelleB

Post by IsabelleB »

Phil Chenevert doit avoir une vidéo à ce sujet. Tu verras, ça prend 5 secondes à faire comme manoeuvre. :)

Mais le son est bien meilleur sur cet enregistrement que sur les précédents. :clap:
Isabelle
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Thank you, Isabelle :D
I'm afraid, section 3 Conte de Memnon is a new recording and needs to be PLt again completely.

Françoise,
editing is not that difficult. Open the recording in Audacity, go the place with the mistake, click on the record button. Audacity creates a new track underneath the original. Normally I record the sentence before the mistake, and the sentence after, to get a smooth transition. To listen only to the new track you click on Solo at the left side of the track. Highlight the part of the recording and copy it. Then you highlight the same words in the original track and past it in like you would Word or such. Try different parts, the word, part of the sentence, the whole sentence, what sounds best. Maybe you have to adjust the volume a little with amplify under effects. 1,2,3 makes it louder, -1,-2,-3 makes it lower. Close the additional track, save and export your work. Done.
IsabelleB

Post by IsabelleB »

Thank you for clarifying about section 3, Hokus.
Just realized a minor mistake in section 6 in the ID tags for the Album title. Should be: "LibriVox Multilingual Short Works Collection 011" and not just the initials of the project. Sorry for missing this earlier!
Isabelle
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

ID tags are no problem any more. With the new system I replace them with what is in the Magic Window anyway. You don't need to check them any more.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hi, Hokus! Here is one contribution for this collection. It's a very touching lament on the death of the poet's infant son:

URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - https://librivox.org/uploads/hokuspokus/msw011_canticodocalvario_varela_lrl_128kb.mp3
Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 10:43
URL for online text - http://www.dominiopublico.gov.br/download/texto/bn000157.pdf
Title of work - Cântico do calvário
Date of publication (if available) - 1865
Name of author - Fagundes Varela
Birth date and date of death of author if available (xxxx-xxxx) - 1841-1875
URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fagundes_Varela
Brief indication of the work in a few words: (for example: poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, genre or keywords; will be used in the summary): poetry; funerary lament; nenia; Romanticism
Language: Portuguese

I would like to contribute with another poem, but it is quite long: I was surprised when I found out it's 9000 words. I am considering doing it in two parts, if it's ok?
Leni
=================
Babylon5

Post by Babylon5 »

Hokuspokus wrote:
Françoise,
editing is not that difficult. Open the recording in Audacity, go the place with the mistake, click on the record button. Audacity creates a new track underneath the original. Normally I record the sentence before the mistake, and the sentence after, to get a smooth transition. To listen only to the new track you click on Solo at the left side of the track. Highlight the part of the recording and copy it. Then you highlight the same words in the original track and past it in like you would Word or such. Try different parts, the word, part of the sentence, the whole sentence, what sounds best. Maybe you have to adjust the volume a little with amplify under effects. 1,2,3 makes it louder, -1,-2,-3 makes it lower. Close the additional track, save and export your work. Done.
Hello,

Yes, that is what I do, except that I don't highlight the passage, that is why sometimes there is a repeat : I overlook erasing the faulty passage. And I didn't know about highlighting and the Solo function.

What disturbs me is not the mistakes I make on words in my recording, it is the "noise" : I can't hear it while I do a quick Pling before posting, so it's always like a bad surprise when I get PL report with the mention of the noise.

Well, I'll do the corrections sometime in the day

Thanks a lot, and have a good day,

Françoise
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Thank you for the recording, Leni.

You are very welcome to do the other one in 2 or even 3 parts, what ever fits better with the text.
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Françoise,

don't worry about the noise to much. Looks like the problem is solved with your last recording. It probably was the telephone. We had noise that some people could hear and others couldn't. Probably has to do with the computer, the earphones, how loud we play the recording, how much noise there is around us, how good our ears work and a million other things.
Babylon5

Post by Babylon5 »

Thank you Hokuspokus,

You are absolutely right. On the previous recording I made for part I, my husband checked. He could hear some noise, while I couldn't. The best solution we have found is to unplug all devices that are around my laptop.
IsabelleB

Post by IsabelleB »

Absolutely! Your last recording sounded very "clean" to me Françoise. :thumbs:

I found when I started recording on LV that there was a steep learning curve to it, but once you're used to all the nitty-gritty, it's all smooth sailing, and really quite rewarding.
Isabelle
Babylon5

Post by Babylon5 »

Hello,

Here is the link to the new recording of Saint Julien, part 2 :
https://librivox.org/uploads/hokuspokus/msw011_legendedesaintjulienlhospitalier02_flaubert_fra_128kb.mp3

I hope it will be OK this time. I have erased the noise in the end of the recording by adding a silence.