COMPLETE: Doktór Muchołapski by E. Majewski -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Doktór Muchołapski : fantastyczne przygody w świecie owadów by Erazm Majewski (1856 - 1922).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

https://librivox.org/doktor-mucholapski-fantastyczne-przygody-w-swiecie-owadow-by-erazm-majewski/

Pewnego dnia, badając schwytaną muchę, badacz owadów, doktor Muchołapski odkrywa coś niezwykłego- coś co stanie się początkiem wielkiej przygody, w czasie której uczony ten będzie miał niepowtarzalną możliwość spojrzenia na życie insektów z zupełnie nowej perspektywy.

Erazm Majewski, człowiek o szerokich zainteresowaniach, był m.in przyrodnikiem. W "Doktorze Muchołapskim" połączył talent powieściopisarski z zainteresowaniami przyrodniczymi dając czytelnikom powieść, w której każdy rozdział przybliża szerszej publiczności fakty z życia owadów.
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.polona.pl/item/8787217/6/
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      Genres for the project: Children's Fiction

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Rozdział [Nr][Tytuł], z książki "Doktór Muchołapski : fantastyczne przygody w świecie owadów". Nagranie LibriVox. Wszystkie nagrania Librivox należą do domeny publicznej. Więcej informacji o nagraniach lub wolontariacie - na stronie: librivox KROPKA org"
        Jeżeli chcesz, dodaj:
        "Czyta [Twoje imię]"
        Koniecznie dodaj:
        "Erazm Majewski [pauza] Doktór Muchołapski : fantastyczne przygody w świecie owadów. Rozdział [Nr] [Tytuł rozdziału]" " [/i]

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "Koniec rozdziału [Nr][Tytuł]:"
        Jeżeli chcesz, dodaj:
        "Czytał/a [Twoje imię], [miasto, Twój blog, podcast, adres www]"
        Na końcu książki dodatkowo powiedz:
        Koniec książki Erazma Majewskiego "Doktór Muchołapski : fantastyczne przygody w świecie owadów".

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      doktormucholapski_##_erazm_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. doktormucholapski_01_erazm_128kb.mp3)
    9. Example ID3 V2 tags
      (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
      Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
      Artist: Erazm Majewski
      Title: ## - [Section title]
      Album: Doktór Muchołapski : fantastyczne przygody w świecie owadów

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: http://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: knotyouraveragejo
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by Piotrek81 on March 16th, 2015, 3:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I hope this time everything is in place.

Let's hope that this Polish group project will take shorter to complete than "Tajemnica Baskerville'ów" :mrgreen:

To the prospective MC about the copyright status: if you click on the link and scroll down, on the right-hand panel you will see: "prawa: domena publiczna" (i.e public domain)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
krzys

Post by krzys »

Perfect, thank you so much Piotrek :) :) :)

One suggestion about word order - "Erazm Majewski" sounds better than the other way round, don't you think?
thanks again.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

You're of course right. I fixed that. Now, let's wait for an MC with our Magic Window so I can start filling it in. One (small) problem is that it's hard to count words in a scan. You may have noticed that giving a word count for a section is a routine procedure in group projects, so that prospective readers know what they are getting themselves into when claiming a section. I guess I'll just have to put page numbers in the MW.
krzys

Post by krzys »

Yes, I think pages should work as well, especially since chapters are so short--a quick look gives you the idea of how much there is to read. I think I've seen a project with pages in the MW instead of characters.

I'll try to think about attracting more readers, as I said before. And will gladly record as well (I'm waiting for a new mic now, since my headset broke down on me last week :| ).
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Piotrek,

I'll MC for you. MW will be available shortly.

ETA: Please note my suggestion for shortening the filenames and the addition of _128kb as follows

doktormucholapski_##_erazm_128kb.mp3

A clarification please - The author's last name is Majewski and first name Erazm - is that correct? (I see you have it both ways.)
Jo
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hi Jo. Thanks for claiming this one. That's right- Erazm is the first name. I'll fix it right away. Also, I understand that under new system, just like in the old one, no diacritcs are allowed in the file names?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I added the necessary information to the MW and adapted the Polish intro and outro.
I also claimed the first section. Unfortunately, in the process I created one extra section we don't need. Could you remove it , Jo? I tried the "Escape" method, but for some reason it didn't work.
Also, could you take a look at the Window to see if everything is in order?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Piotrek81 wrote: Let's hope that this Polish group project will take shorter to complete than "Tajemnica Baskerville'ów" :mrgreen:
We got it finished - that's what counts - and we have had a few more since - so I am proud of it :D
It's really hard when people join and there is nothing open in their language

Anne
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Piotrek81 wrote: Also, I understand that under new system, just like in the old one, no diacritcs are allowed in the file names?
Yes you are right. Sorry I should have removed those when I suggested the shorter filenames last night. If there is a better way to represent those characters without the accents than the simple o and l replacement, please edit them accordingly.

I've deleted the extra row at the bottom of the MW. I'm not sure what you mean by the escape method. Once the row is in the MW, you need an MC to remove it. :)

Otherwise, at least at a quick glance, it looks OK to me. I'm not sure what the system is going to do with the title of section 8, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

I'm fine with not having the readers add ID3 tags to keep things simple. They get added automatically during the cataloging process now. I'll leave that one up to you if you want them on the submitted files.
Jo
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Yes you are right. Sorry I should have removed those when I suggested the shorter filenames last night. If there is a better way to represent those characters without the accents than the simple o and l replacement, please edit them accordingly.
Thanks.
I've deleted the extra row at the bottom of the MW. I'm not sure what you mean by the escape method. Once the row is in the MW, you need an MC to remove it.
I'll remember. Also, in the MW there's a sentence saying that the way to remove the mistyped content is to press "escape". EDIT: Ah, OK, I can see now what this means: if you want to remove sth. hit "Esc" before you click "Enter" :D
I'm not sure what the system is going to do with the title of section 8, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!
Yeah, I wonder about that too :mrgreen: The original text uses superscript as in the mathematical power symbol. If it turns out to be an obstacle I can just write it with words.

I'm fine with not having the readers add ID3 tags to keep things simple
You mean, no ID3 tags whatsoever? Can you be more specific?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 1 ready for PLing.

I claim chapter 2.
krzys

Post by krzys »

I'll gladly PL the project. Starting with section 1 right now.
krzys

Post by krzys »

Section 1 PL OK.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Krzyś, let Jo know that you would like to be the DPL so she can give you write access to the MW. Of course, the sections read by you will be PLed by someone else.