COMPLETE: Doktór Muchołapski by E. Majewski -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Piotrek81 wrote:we're fully-subscribed now
Great! Moving thread to Readers Found. :)
Jo
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 15 is PL OK. Very nice and clear reading. :thumbs: The numbers he mentions are stunning :shock:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Digs

Post by Digs »

Piotrek81 wrote:Chapter 15 is PL OK. Very nice and clear reading. :thumbs: The numbers he mentions are stunning :shock:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Deciding how to translate all those zeros to something comprehensible was a real struggle. Being a phys/math scientist, I ultimately sided with power notation even though I was very conscious that mine was an interpretive rather than a literal reading. And I'm very grateful that the PL (Piotrek?) didn't knock me down for this liberty..... 8-) Thank you. Whew!
------------------------------
A neutron comes into a bar and orders a beer. How much? he asks. The bartender replies, "for you, no charge".
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Well, theoretically Karol is the PLer of this project, but since he still hasn't responded to my PM, I've decided to PL the sections myself. As for the numbers, I wasn't reading along (it's not word-perfect PL) so I trust your judgement.
I'll PL the remaining sections soon.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 16 is OK except for one place:
ca. 12:55 repetition "Doszedłem do miejsca gdzie..."
Digs

Post by Digs »

A neutron comes into a bar and orders a beer. How much? he asks. The bartender replies, "for you, no charge".
Digs

Post by Digs »

Piotrek81 wrote:Chapter 16 is OK except for one place:
ca. 12:55 repetition "Doszedłem do miejsca gdzie..."

Okey dokey...
Here's the corrected version of ch. 16:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/doktormucholapski_16_erazm_128kb.mp3 - length 18:50

:clap:
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Thanks for the new chapters and for the correction. Ch.16 is PL OK now :thumbs:
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 17 is PL OK :thumbs:
Digs

Post by Digs »

Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Since the recent posts dissapeared in the recent server turmoil, I'm reposting PL notes for section 19.

Overall PL OK, but it could probably benefit from speeding up the intro a bit. It lasts about 45 seconds in the 16 minute section. If you use Audacity, highlight the intro and then go to Effects-> Change Tempo and there set the Percentage Change to any positive parametre; the higher, the more sped up the highlighted fragment will be.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 20 is PL OK :thumbs:
What a cliffhanger :!:
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 18 is PL OK :thumbs:
That was a lot of Latin names :shock:
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 29 fixed and re-uploaded. I re-recorded the following bits:
5:04 Tam umysł nasz pozbywa się narzuconych formułek uważanych niemal za pewniki, korzy się przed nieznaną przyczyną wszystkiego i nabiera głębokiego przekonania że stworzony jest nie na to tylko aby badal, ale aby się dowiedział.

13:43 Figiel to bardzo stary i oklepany w świecie zwierząt, a szczegolniej w światku owadów: w nim częściej jeszcze aniżeli między ludźmi lubią wilki i lisy przywdziewać skórę baranków, a osły i gęsi pozory lwów i orłów.

20:20 Przyjęcie dopiero za fakt prawa naturalnego doboru i dziedzicznosci cech nabytych tłumaczy w przedziwnie jasny sposób istnienie tysięcznych dziwacznych kształtów zwierząt i roślin.
Digs

Post by Digs »

Piotrek81 wrote:Since the recent posts dissapeared in the recent server turmoil, I'm reposting PL notes for section 19.

Overall PL OK, but it could probably benefit from speeding up the intro a bit. It lasts about 45 seconds in the 16 minute section. If you use Audacity, highlight the intro and then go to Effects-> Change Tempo and there set the Percentage Change to any positive parametre; the higher, the more sped up the highlighted fragment will be.

Thank you for pointing me to this useful trick, Piotrek!
I upped the intro by 10%; in addition, to lessen the difference between that and the rest, I upped the tempo of the rest of the recording by 3%. Total speed now is 15:31

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/doktormucholapski_19_erazm_128kb.mp3 - 15:31