COMPLETE: Doktór Muchołapski by E. Majewski -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I've uploaded section 34 and claimed 35.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I've uploaded section 35 and claimed 31 and 32.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 31 has been uploaded.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 32 has been uploaded.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I claimed Chapter 30 and uploaded it.
Digs

Post by Digs »

I'd like to volunteer for Chapter 27, Pełzający mur (to begin with :) ).

Dorothy (Dorota)/Digs
------------------------------
A neutron comes into a bar and orders a beer. How much? he asks. The bartender replies, "for you, no charge".
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Great. I'll put your claim in the MW.
EDIT: You're in the MW. I also orphaned krzys's sections- 14-20.
karolnowoszynski

Post by karolnowoszynski »

Hello fellas,
writing to you from China, where to hear polish speech either live or recorder has been so far a rather unique experience.

Anyways, i feel inspired to become first a PLer, then maybe sooner or later start recording some portions of collective projects.

Now, is there any procedure to claim the parts/sections labelled "ready for PL" or i simply state such intention in an ordinary post?
If it is indeed that simple, once i go through the whole piece and find no flaws, do i just once again post it giving the recording's data and adding "PL OK" ?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hello Karol. Great to see another POlish volunteer here. There have been quite a few new ones recently :)

As for your question- you just state your interntion of becoming a PLer in a post. Pleases read the "Guide for proof-listeners" first- you will find a link to it in the first post of this thread. The PL level for this project is "standard" which means that you don't have to read along- just listen for technical problems (excessive background noise, disruptive sounds, drastically uneven level of sound etc) or problems with reading (e.g repetitions).
You report by just giving a "PL OK" in a post if you found no problems or by listing the things which you found problematic. Our MetaCoordinator (knotyouraveragejo) will give you write access to the Magic Window so you can edit the data there (which is basically choosing the right option from a drop-down menu).
karolnowoszynski

Super duper, will follow up your advice to go once more through the guide for aspiring PLers, just to avoid bugging others with any trivial questions.

And then probably later on today or tomorrow will post the requests with the first sections i'll undertake to PListen.

Thanks for the speedy response Piotrek 81. I'll keep in touch from now on i guess
karolnowoszynski

As to the chapter # 35. Sounds great. Since i'm a newbie in the community, please feel free to disregard the 2 following points, as being too persnickety:

1. A small uncertainty, somewhere around
01:52 should it really be "obadwaj" or "obydwaj" instead. Once again it doesn't disrupt the flow nor create any confusion, difficulty in understanding, just an observation.

2. At the end of the section, there's definitely
"Koniec książki Erazma Majewskiego Doktór Muchołapski : fantastyczne przygody w świecie owadów"
but shouldn't it also be preceded by "Koniec rozdziału [Nr][Tytuł]:" ?
Forgive if i wasn't careful enough reading the instructions for the book, and probably there's no need/utility in adding that the chapter ends if it closes the whole book at the same time.

Other that that, it's been a sheer please to listen to that section of the book.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

So, we got ourselves a proof-listener :thumbs:

Thanks, Karol. :) As for your PL observations: "obadwaj" vs "obydwaj" is a very minor point and doesn't make any difference in meaning so I'll just keep it as it is. Also, since section 35 is the last one in the book, I don't think it matters much that it doesn't have "end of chapter" outro. What's important is that it has "end of the book".

Re: your earlier post, you don't have to claim sections for PLing. You can PL all the sections marked "PL needed" in the MW whenever you have time and willingness. Just post feedback afterwards.

Also, how would you like to be credited in the Catalogue? Each active LibriVoxer has a catalogue page where their contributions are listed. Just go to the Magic Window, click on any username and you'll see what I mean.
karolnowoszynski

Not at all Piotrek. I'm glad to become a part of the team.

Now, as to the way i wish to be credited, i've displayed different users' pages, but they all look alike, if not identical, except for the credited writings. I'm not sure what options are out there? what precisely should i express any preference on (which elements of the page) ?

Thanks for showing me the ropes
karolnowoszynski

Chapter #30 "Świat amazonek. Pales i Wojsiłka" sounds comely, i'd say PL OK ;)
Digs

Post by Digs »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/doktormucholapski_27_erazm_128kb.mp3 32:35

Chapter 27 uploaded.

Constructive criticisms most welcome :)

Dorothy.
------------------------------
A neutron comes into a bar and orders a beer. How much? he asks. The bartender replies, "for you, no charge".