COMPLETE: Hagar's Daughter by Pauline E. Hopkins - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

[quote="lubee930" ] Jo, if you (or anyone else) would like to check my fixes, you are more than welcome to do so.[/quote]

I checked and I think they are OK. Good job! Glad you could save the file, and that we're about to finish this project. I want to recommend it to some friends. Any way to remove the "Abandoned solo" tag from the first post? It somehow taints the first impression, and with all this effort expended, it certainly isn't abandoned any more! 8-)
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

msfry wrote:
lubee930 wrote: Jo, if you (or anyone else) would like to check my fixes, you are more than welcome to do so.
I checked and I think they are OK. Good job! Glad you could save the file, and that we're about to finish this project. I want to recommend it to some friends. Any way to remove the "Abandoned solo" tag from the first post? It somehow taints the first impression, and with all this effort expended, it certainly isn't abandoned any more! 8-)
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Oh, Michele--glass half full, glass half full!! The "Abandoned solo now adopted as a group project" is nothing but positive in my view! The audio book didn't fade away, but now proceeds!

At any rate, I don't believe that it will appear on the catalog page for the book. It may need to be in the first post of this thread in order to document the history of the project (I see it on other projects as well)--I'm not sure. I'll remove it, but if Jo lets us know that it should remain, then I'll put it back on

And thanks for taking a look at my fixes on Section 02. :)

ETA: And, not to mention, Michele, that sometimes a solo project has to be abandoned when "real life" issues happen for the soloist--no negative connotation there at all.
Kind regards,
Lucretia
msfry

Post by msfry »

lubee930 wrote: At any rate, I don't believe that it will appear on the catalog page for the book. It may need to be in the first post of this thread in order to document the history of the project (I see it on other projects as well)--I'm not sure. I'll remove it, but if Jo lets us know that it should remain, then I'll put it back on. . . . .
ETA: And, not to mention, Michele, that sometimes a solo project has to be abandoned when "real life" issues happen for the soloist--no negative connotation there at all.
"Abandoned" is a negative word, no matter the reason, but it is pretty impressive that abandoned projects can be rescued, and I think knowing the history of a project helps us new BC's see how projects unfold. Even keeping the history, then, I'd still prefer to see something more positive on the masthead like "This abandoned solo has been resurrected by [BC Name]! Please help us complete this project."
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

ecelm wrote:Hello everyone,
I'm sorry it took me so long, but I finally finished recording my last chapters (and the last chapters of all - sorry to make you all wait on me).
Chapter 23 is 20min25secs.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_23_hopkins_128kb.mp3
Chapter 24 is 6min25secs.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_24_hopkins_128kb.mp3
Chapter 25 is 11min54secs.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_25_hopkins_128kb.mp3
Please let me know if there is any editing to do.
It has been wonderful working with all of you!
Emma
Hi, Emma--I listened to your files this evening. Great job--and I especially liked your sweet singing in Chapter 23. YOu have a lovely voice! :)

Section 23: PL OK
Section 24: PL OK
Section 25: PL OK

So, I think that all loose ends are tied up, i's dotted, t's crossed. Thank you, Patric, for helping me out with the PL'ing! :thumbs: And thanks most of all to ALL of the readers--I truly appreciate the time and effort that you given here. :clap:

All yours, Jo, at your convenience...
Kind regards,
Lucretia
ecelm

Post by ecelm »

Hi,

I'm glad that it all sounds good. I have really enjoyed working on this project, and am excited to hear the whole, final product. :D Everyone did such a wonderful job!

Emma
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/hagars-daughter-by-pauline-elizabeth-hopkins/
Jo
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Jo, for resurrecting this great project for us to work on, and to all who worked on it. I feel like we really accomplished something and I've already sent the link out to several friends.