COMPLETE: Hagar's Daughter by Pauline E. Hopkins - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
VanOs12
Posts: 246
Joined: October 8th, 2012, 8:47 am
Location: Idaho
Contact:

Post by VanOs12 » November 23rd, 2013, 11:31 am

Cheers

lubee930
Posts: 4681
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » November 23rd, 2013, 11:54 am

VanOs12 wrote:Chapter 11 is ready:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_11_hopkins_128kb.mp3
6:33 in length.
Arie
Thank you, Arie! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia

msfry
Posts: 6970
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » November 24th, 2013, 8:41 am

Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson
Love Stories #3
Dreams Collection #2
Coffee Break Collection #28 - HOBBIES

lubee930
Posts: 4681
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » November 24th, 2013, 1:29 pm


Thank you, Michele! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia

lubee930
Posts: 4681
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » November 24th, 2013, 10:08 pm

VanOs12 wrote:Chapter 11 is ready:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_11_hopkins_128kb.mp3
6:33 in length.
Arie
Very nice, Arie--thanks so much! :thumbs:

Section 11: PL OK
Kind regards,
Lucretia

ecelm
Posts: 20
Joined: November 13th, 2013, 7:02 pm

Post by ecelm » November 25th, 2013, 12:58 am

Hello,

I have uploaded Chapter 15. It is 12min6secs long, and 11.61 MB.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_15_hopkins_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if anything needs to be redone or fixed.

Emma

lubee930
Posts: 4681
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » November 25th, 2013, 4:46 am

ecelm wrote:Hello,
I have uploaded Chapter 15. It is 12min6secs long, and 11.61 MB.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_15_hopkins_128kb.mp3
Please let me know if anything needs to be redone or fixed.
Emma
Thank you, Emma! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia

lubee930
Posts: 4681
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » November 25th, 2013, 11:44 am

Very nice job, Michele--thank you! :)

Section 32: PL OK
Section 33: PL OK

I want to get over to your Atlantic Narratives for a section and also over to your Ingersoll, of course--so let me catch up on my DPL'ing (at least a little), and I'll visit you there.
Kind regards,
Lucretia

VanOs12
Posts: 246
Joined: October 8th, 2012, 8:47 am
Location: Idaho
Contact:

Post by VanOs12 » November 25th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Section 12:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_12_hopkins_128kb.mp3
13:56 in length. :)

and may I claim sections 18 & 19?

Arie
Cheers

ecelm
Posts: 20
Joined: November 13th, 2013, 7:02 pm

Post by ecelm » November 26th, 2013, 1:32 am

Hello,

I have uploaded Chapter 16. It is 10min29secs long. There were a couple mistakes in the typing, but they were easy to correct, so I went ahead and did that.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_16_hopkins_128kb.mp3

Also, I realized that I forgot to run Chapter 15 through the Checker program, and when I did, the volume was slightly too high. I have fixed it, and uploaded it again. The only thing that changed is the volume, so the time is the same.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_15_hopkins_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Emma

lubee930
Posts: 4681
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » November 26th, 2013, 4:59 am

ecelm wrote:Hello,
I have uploaded Chapter 16. It is 10min29secs long. There were a couple mistakes in the typing, but they were easy to correct, so I went ahead and did that.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_16_hopkins_128kb.mp3
Also, I realized that I forgot to run Chapter 15 through the Checker program, and when I did, the volume was slightly too high. I have fixed it, and uploaded it again. The only thing that changed is the volume, so the time is the same.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_15_hopkins_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
Emma
Thanks, Emma! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia

lubee930
Posts: 4681
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » November 26th, 2013, 5:00 am

VanOs12 wrote:Section 12:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_12_hopkins_128kb.mp3
13:56 in length. :)
and may I claim sections 18 & 19?
Arie
Hi, Arie--I've assigned 18 & 19 to you. Thanks for claiming! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia

msfry
Posts: 6970
Joined: June 4th, 2013, 9:09 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Contact:

Post by msfry » November 26th, 2013, 7:27 am

lubee930 wrote:I want to get over to your Atlantic Narratives for a section and also over to your Ingersoll, of course--so let me catch up on my DPL'ing (at least a little), and I'll visit you there.
Great! Thanks.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson
Love Stories #3
Dreams Collection #2
Coffee Break Collection #28 - HOBBIES

lubee930
Posts: 4681
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » November 26th, 2013, 6:03 pm

VanOs12 wrote:Section 12:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_12_hopkins_128kb.mp3
13:56 in length. :)
and may I claim sections 18 & 19?
Arie
Hi, Arie--
Great job on your section once again--thank you! :thumbs: I have no notes on the reading of text.

Section 12: PL OK

I think that I should mention that your volume is still near the upper edge of our acceptable range at 91.7 dB. And there are once again some instances of clipping in the track (where your volume spikes). Clipping is an issue because it can cause distortion of your voice. So you might try reducing the input volume a little before you start recording (if you are using Audacity, there is a slider near the microphone icon in the upper right corner of the screen that can be adjusted downward), or maybe lean back a little from the microphone on those parts of the text that are going to "boom out" somewhat. 8-)

I don't know if you are amplifying your tracks before uploading? If so, then you might try using the Compressor effect in Audacity before amplifying. It will reduce some of those spikes without affecting the quieter portions of your tracks. You can view a couple of short, helpful videos about using Compressor here: Some Parts of My Recording are TOO LOUD and Others Too Soft and The Compressor Effect Explained.

You have a lovely voice--I can't wait to hear your next sections! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia

lubee930
Posts: 4681
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » November 26th, 2013, 9:18 pm

ecelm wrote:Hello,

I have uploaded Chapter 16. It is 10min29secs long. There were a couple mistakes in the typing, but they were easy to correct, so I went ahead and did that.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_16_hopkins_128kb.mp3
Also, I realized that I forgot to run Chapter 15 through the Checker program, and when I did, the volume was slightly too high. I have fixed it, and uploaded it again. The only thing that changed is the volume, so the time is the same.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/hagarsdaughter_15_hopkins_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
Emma
Very nice job on both, Emma--thank you! :)

Section 15: PL OK
Section 16: PL OK
Kind regards,
Lucretia

Post Reply