(Complete) [DR] Little Lord Fauntleroy by F Burnett- m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
FabulaeAudi
Posts: 1640
Joined: May 13th, 2011, 6:17 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Contact:

Post by FabulaeAudi » November 15th, 2013, 8:00 pm

"Another friend of Cedric" (section 23) Chapter 2 has been uploaded and is in the MW.

Another friend of Cedric is PL OK!! Thanks, Mercy, you did a great job!

:D

Trevedhek
Posts: 193
Joined: December 18th, 2011, 6:20 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Contact:

Post by Trevedhek » November 22nd, 2013, 8:55 pm

Reloaded chapter 5 for the Earl, with missing line added.
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_earl_05.flac (4:05)
Thanks Abigail - well spotted!

And the next 2 chapters.
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_earl_06.flac (6:26)
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_earl_07.flac (1:14)

Regards - John

FabulaeAudi
Posts: 1640
Joined: May 13th, 2011, 6:17 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Contact:

Post by FabulaeAudi » November 22nd, 2013, 11:10 pm

Thanks, John. I am looking forward to listening to the next two chapters you have!!

:)

Savvy0712
Posts: 197
Joined: August 31st, 2012, 3:41 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Post by Savvy0712 » November 24th, 2013, 7:54 pm

Here is Bridget and Dawson:
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_bridget_02.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_dawson_06.flac

Sorry for the delay!
I still cannot seem to locate the "looker on" part... you said, that it was "all the lines that are highlighted black with white text", but I don't see anything highlighted in the text. :?

FabulaeAudi
Posts: 1640
Joined: May 13th, 2011, 6:17 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Contact:

Post by FabulaeAudi » November 26th, 2013, 6:48 pm

Hi, Savannah,

Thank you for Bridget and Dawson. I've updated the MW and I'll be listening to your lines soon.

Sorry for the confusion on where the "looker-on" is. The "looker-on" is in Chapter 7 on page 3 in the color coded google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-JzpZ_zasrvmZWisIvJdQ9K8RdixTjFIzGbzxLN4qBg/edit

If you can't find it, the looker-on lines are in bold below:
"She had scarcely passed through the stone porch into the church before the great event of the day happened. The carriage from the Castle, with its handsome horses and tall liveried servants, bowled around the corner and down the green lane.
"Here they come!" went from one looker-on to another.
And then the carriage drew up, and Thomas stepped down and opened the door, and a little boy, dressed in black velvet, and with a splendid mop of bright waving hair, jumped out.
Every man, woman, and child looked curiously upon him.
"He's the Captain over again!" said those of the on-lookers who remembered his father. "He's the Captain's self, to the life!"
He stood there in the sunlight looking up at the Earl..."
I hope this helps!

:D

Savvy0712
Posts: 197
Joined: August 31st, 2012, 3:41 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Post by Savvy0712 » November 27th, 2013, 7:32 am

FabulaeAudi wrote:Hi, Savannah,

Thank you for Bridget and Dawson. I've updated the MW and I'll be listening to your lines soon.

Sorry for the confusion on where the "looker-on" is. The "looker-on" is in Chapter 7 on page 3 in the color coded google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-JzpZ_zasrvmZWisIvJdQ9K8RdixTjFIzGbzxLN4qBg/edit

If you can't find it, the looker-on lines are in bold below:
"She had scarcely passed through the stone porch into the church before the great event of the day happened. The carriage from the Castle, with its handsome horses and tall liveried servants, bowled around the corner and down the green lane.
"Here they come!" went from one looker-on to another.
And then the carriage drew up, and Thomas stepped down and opened the door, and a little boy, dressed in black velvet, and with a splendid mop of bright waving hair, jumped out.
Every man, woman, and child looked curiously upon him.
"He's the Captain over again!" said those of the on-lookers who remembered his father. "He's the Captain's self, to the life!"
He stood there in the sunlight looking up at the Earl..."
I hope this helps!

:D
Thanks so much! :D
I should have it uploaded by tonight!

Savvy0712
Posts: 197
Joined: August 31st, 2012, 3:41 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Post by Savvy0712 » November 27th, 2013, 2:22 pm


FabulaeAudi
Posts: 1640
Joined: May 13th, 2011, 6:17 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Contact:

Post by FabulaeAudi » November 27th, 2013, 9:25 pm

Trevedhek wrote:Reloaded chapter 5 for the Earl, with missing line added.
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_earl_05.flac (4:05)
Thanks Abigail - well spotted!

And the next 2 chapters.
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_earl_06.flac (6:26)
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_earl_07.flac (1:14)

Regards - John
Hello John,

Thank you for the fixed chapter 5. It is now PL OK!!

Chapters 6-7 are also PL OK!! I am enjoying listening to your lines, and looking forward to hearing more.

:D

FabulaeAudi
Posts: 1640
Joined: May 13th, 2011, 6:17 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Contact:

Post by FabulaeAudi » November 27th, 2013, 9:29 pm

Hi Savannah,

Thank you for all of your lines.

Bridget is PL OK!!
Dawon is PL OK!!
A looker on is PL OK!!

I enjoyed listening to your characters and accents. Thank you so much for all your help with this project!!

:D

AnitaGuida
Posts: 47
Joined: March 14th, 2012, 11:06 am
Location: Portugal

Post by AnitaGuida » December 10th, 2013, 1:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could read the part of Ben (even thought I am a girl). I absolutely love this book, and even though I only read to librivox once (not a dramatic reading nor in English) I was hopping to work more here. I though that as that part is one of the shortest it could be good training and I hope that my accent wont be too noticeable to be a bother.

I would like to try if you think I can. :D

FabulaeAudi
Posts: 1640
Joined: May 13th, 2011, 6:17 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Contact:

Post by FabulaeAudi » December 13th, 2013, 5:48 pm

AnitaGuida wrote:Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could read the part of Ben (even thought I am a girl). I absolutely love this book, and even though I only read to librivox once (not a dramatic reading nor in English) I was hopping to work more here. I though that as that part is one of the shortest it could be good training and I hope that my accent wont be too noticeable to be a bother.

I would like to try if you think I can. :D
Hi Anita,
Thank you so much for showing interest in this project and for offering to read the part of Ben. But I am a little gender picky, and I would prefer a male to read for the part. Again, thank you so much for showing interest, I really appreciate it. :) If a female part opens up, I will let you know and offer the part to you.

Thanks! :D

AnitaGuida
Posts: 47
Joined: March 14th, 2012, 11:06 am
Location: Portugal

Post by AnitaGuida » December 14th, 2013, 3:55 am

FabulaeAudi wrote: Hi Anita,
Thank you so much for showing interest in this project and for offering to read the part of Ben. But I am a little gender picky, and I would prefer a male to read for the part. Again, thank you so much for showing interest, I really appreciate it. :) If a female part opens up, I will let you know and offer the part to you.

Thanks! :D
Thank you!
I thought so (about the gender part I mean), but as I have heard some librivox projects that mixed the genders I though it couldn't hurt to ask. :D
But I'm also with you on this one, I prefer not to mix the genders too. I remember I heard an audiobook once in witch the male lead was a girl, it sounded strange in the romantic parts. She had a softer and higher voice than the female lead.

And be sure to tell me if you find a small female part that doesn't have anyone!

Thanks again. :wink:

rharder
Posts: 38
Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 6:43 pm
Contact:

Post by rharder » January 9th, 2014, 9:48 pm


FabulaeAudi
Posts: 1640
Joined: May 13th, 2011, 6:17 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Contact:

Post by FabulaeAudi » January 9th, 2014, 10:03 pm

Thank you, Mr. Harder, for these lines. Now worries! I'll be listening to them soon.
:)

rharder
Posts: 38
Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 6:43 pm
Contact:

Post by rharder » January 9th, 2014, 10:18 pm


Post Reply