(Complete) [DR] Little Lord Fauntleroy by F Burnett- m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

m8b1 wrote:I have orphaned sections 13 and 20. These are both female roles. I am looking for a fast turnaround please!

13 - Lady Lorridale
20 - Gate Keeper’s wife; Woman in crowd; A looker-on
I'll do them!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

SweetPea wrote: I'll work on these today or tomorrow :)
Awesome! hope you have fun. I should be available most of the day tomorrow to answer any questions, re upload files, etc.

Here are chapters 2 and 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_02_burnett.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_05_burnett2.flac

Edit: For some reason chapter 2 keeps failing as I am trying to upload it. I will try to figure it out tomorrow.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

SweetPea wrote:
m8b1 wrote:I have orphaned sections 13 and 20. These are both female roles. I am looking for a fast turnaround please!

13 - Lady Lorridale
20 - Gate Keeper’s wife; Woman in crowd; A looker-on
I'll do them!
Great ~ thank you, SweetPea!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 1 just needs the rest of the voice credits edited in to the cast list.
Chapter 2 - I can't open it.
Chapter 3 appears to be fully edited.
Chapter 4 is missing lines from Mr. Havisham. There isn't a link in the MW for chapter 4 of Mr. Havisham. Maria, can you contact the reader to see if he can record those lines? Also at 7:10 the microphone stopped and it sounds funny. Abigail, can you please record the line "and had been scalped some fifteen or twenty times."
Chapter 5 - I'll look at it tomorrow :)

Abigail, it sounds really good! :D
Rachel

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you, SweetPea!

Chapter two is definitely not in my folder. Abigail, are there any spaces in the file name or something like that? Just trying to figure out why it will not upload. I would say if you can't get it uploaded as flac, try converting it to mp3 and see if that works.

I pm'd the Mr. Havisham reader, but he hasn't logged on since January. Abbey - he doesn't happen to be one of your relatives or friends who was reading for the project was he? (User name rharder) If he is could you get in touch with him and get him to read the lines? (Edit later: Just heard from him. :-))

Thanks you everyone! It is nice to see the project finally moving along!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Oh, and SweetPea, I just gave you MW access. Sorry I didn't think to do that before! :D
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 5 is missing 3 lines -
The first 2 are the gate-keeper's wife, which I'll record soon.
The third one is from Cedric - "Perhaps you need a fire because—because of your foot, but it seems just a little warm to me.". Abigail, he's your brother, right? Can you please get him to record that line?
Thanks!
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 3 is ready for PL (I didn't do anything to it but convert it to mp3 and change the file name)
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_03_burnett_128kb.mp3 11:32
Rachel

AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Just checking--this does not have to be word perfect, there just can't be any missing lines? I. E., it's okay for "My own bones never hurt, so I think I don't know how painful a person's bones can be" to be read "My own bones never hurt, and I think I don't know how painful a person's bones can be" since it's the same idea?

Thanks!
Adele

Post by SweetPea »

I think so. The first post asks for "special" not "word perfect".
Rachel

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

AdeledePignerolles wrote:Just checking--this does not have to be word perfect, there just can't be any missing lines? I. E., it's okay for "My own bones never hurt, so I think I don't know how painful a person's bones can be" to be read "My own bones never hurt, and I think I don't know how painful a person's bones can be" since it's the same idea?

Thanks!
Exactly ~ word perfect is not needed. Just as long as there is nothing that radically changes the meaning, tiny little things like that are fine. We mainly just need to make sure that there are no missing lines!

Thanks!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
AdeledePignerolles

There's just one thing for Chapter 3:

@6:38 "I'm sure my grandpapa would be very much pleased" "grandpa" is said instead of "grandpapa". I think it would be better if it was fixed, because Cedric calls his grandfather "Grandpapa" through the whole book.

Thanks!
Adele

Post by m8b1 »

Personally I wouldn't worry about something like that, but if the reader is willing to do it that is fine. And since I believe there is a missing line that he needs to record anyway.....
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
AdeledePignerolles

Then I'll mark it PL OK. I just wasn't sure if you wanted that changed, and it's not that big of a deal, because if I hadn't been reading along I wouldn't have noticed. :)
Adele