(Complete) [DR] Little Lord Fauntleroy by F Burnett- m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 9 appears to be fully edited!
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_09_burnett.mp3
Chapter 10 looks like it just needs Lady Lorridale. I'll record those lines today and edit them in!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

SweetPea wrote:Chapter 9 appears to be fully edited!
Chapter 10 looks like it just needs Lady Lorridale. I'll record those lines today and edit them in!
I'm wondering...where do the chapter titles come from? I can't find them anywhere in the Gutenberg.org book. The chapters only have numbers. However, in the recording, the chapters each have a title. I found them in a print book, but not on the gutenberg one. If they aren't from the gutenberg book, I don't think they're usable? :hmm:
Adele

There's just one thing in Chapter 9:

@3:29-30 there's a funny syllable/noise that I can't make out and isn't part of the text.

It sounds great! Thank you!
Adele

Post by SweetPea »

It's the last part of the word "gallop". It looks like the whole sentence got cut out.
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
AdeledePignerolles

SweetPea wrote:It's the last part of the word "gallop". It looks like the whole sentence got cut out.
Oops, I missed that. Yes, "Sometimes he would tell his young companion to set the pony off at a gallop" is missing. Do you know where the chapter titles come from?
Adele

Post by SweetPea »

I don't know where they come from :hmm:
Rachel

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

AdeledePignerolles wrote:
I'm wondering...where do the chapter titles come from? I can't find them anywhere in the Gutenberg.org book. The chapters only have numbers. However, in the recording, the chapters each have a title. I found them in a print book, but not on the gutenberg one. If they aren't from the gutenberg book, I don't think they're usable? :hmm:
Well now, I did find an archive scan with the titles. Are these identical? : https://archive.org/details/littlelordfaunt00burngoog

Abigail: What exactly did you read from? It is very important that you read from a definite PD source, preferably the gutenberg text and not a hard copy. If you read from a hard copy we need to know that it is a PD text and identical to the PG text. If it is a more recent edition, it could be edited/changed, which would give it a new copyright. There have been cases when we had to pull entire (very long) solos when it was discovered that the reader read from an in copyright edition.

Adele: You are reading along with the PG text, correct? If so you should be able to pick out any possible changes. Likelihood is everything is fine, but thank you for catching this.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
AdeledePignerolles

m8b1 wrote:
AdeledePignerolles wrote:
Well now, I did find an archive scan with the titles. Are these identical? : https://archive.org/details/littlelordfaunt00burngoog

Abigail: What exactly did you read from? It is very important that you read from a definite PD source, preferably the gutenberg text and not a hard copy. If you read from a hard copy we need to know that it is a PD text and identical to the PG text. If it is a more recent edition, it could be edited/changed, which would give it a new copyright. There have been cases when we had to pull entire (very long) solos when it was discovered that the reader read from an in copyright edition.

Adele: You are reading along with the PG text, correct? If so you should be able to pick out any possible changes. Likelihood is everything is fine, but thank you for catching this.
It's practically word perfect. I am reading along with the PG text. The only thing different was that there were chapter titles.
Adele

Post by SweetPea »

Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Here is chapter 11!
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_11_burnett_128kb.mp3

Chapter 12 wasn't listed under the chapters Mother needed to record, so I can't find a file for chapter 12 of the Mother. :?
Rachel

FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

I did read from the PG text, however i got the chapter titles from my hard copy. I forgot about the problem with the titles maybe not being in the PD.

If you can add the Mother's lines to the google doc that would be great. ;)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you for clarifying, Abigail! As long as the titles match the ones in any PD version - such as the archive scan I linked to, they should be just fine to keep in.

Thank you again everyone!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
AdeledePignerolles

Just one thing that will need to be fixed by the narrator: @15:04--"he was heard of in more than one county of England" I hear country instead of county.

It sounds great! I love hearing it with all the voices in.
Adele

SweetPea wrote:Here is chapter 11!
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_11_burnett_128kb.mp3

Chapter 12 wasn't listed under the chapters Mother needed to record, so I can't find a file for chapter 12 of the Mother. :?
Chapter 11 is PL OK! It sounds great. Thank you for editing!
Adele